Help! Newbie

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi just starting out. Using mainly group 4 and 3 cars. Entering a few lobby races and Sport ones. Learning the odd track in depth to race with braking assist off. Which I presume is needed to be competitive? Am I best sticking to Sport as it has matchmaking rather than getti g hammered in the lobby's? Any advice or tips greatly appreciated.

Check out the ARL GR.4 league it's set up to get comfortable with no assist, using gr.4 cars in a sprint type setup

Hi just starting out. Using mainly group 4 and 3 cars. Entering a few lobby races and Sport ones. Learning the odd track in depth to race with braking assist off. Which I presume is needed to be competitive? Am I best sticking to Sport as it has matchmaking rather than getti g hammered in the lobby's? Any advice or tips greatly appreciated.
Definitely turn ABS on. Put it on default setting. There's no good reason not to use it, especially if you're new.

Theoretically Sports Mode matches you with opponents around your level. So it should be a better experience. In reality, your mileage may vary.

Lobbies are awesome. People who take the time to set them up for others are awesome. Highly recommend them if you get an invitation. Randomly going into a lobby I would think is an entirely different experience.

ARL races with NO assists. Makes a better driver. There are plenty of us in the GR4 League that started exactly where you are. It’s a great bunch of drivers who are willing to help YOU become a better driver.

ARL races with NO assists. Makes a better driver. There are plenty of us in the GR4 League that started exactly where you are. It’s a great bunch of drivers who are willing to help YOU become a better driver.
At the moment I'm trying pot luck which car to use. At Gr 4 level I guess there evenly matched. Better to focus on my driving first I suppose!

Pre race what are the coloured squares? You have ps4 tag. Car country and people have various coloured squares?

Last edited by a moderator:
The coloured tiles you are referring to pre race (I think) are an indication of the car livery they are using (as long as they’ve updated it if they’re using a custom livery)

(Cross post with sturk there, but the tiles can be updated in the livery editor)

Back