help on classic car in professional series

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should be able to do it in a Buick Special right off the showroom floor. If that won't do you'll need to tune something with less performance but on the other hand you'll probably end up with better handling. Try the Corvette Stingray '69, it gets very good handling for an old car when properly built up. The old Lotus Elan is also a great choice, it may lack a bit in power but it'll outcorner everything else and probably also keep up on the straights with some power modifications.

im kinda stuck on whhat is the best car to use in this race that is under 200,000 cr.

plz help

Not sure what you mean by "best" car to use. Do you want a challenging car to drive? Or do you want something that'll blow everyone else away? I'm guessing you want the latter; and GreyCap has provided the ultimate answer: the Buick Special. But if you want more of a challenge (or to anyone who wants more of a challenge), you can reset the game till certain Ai cars show up. I actually seperated the Ai into several classes as i'll outline below. Reset your game till the class system you want shows up. A Class E series (all slower cars) is impossible to find, and a Class D series race can be found but will take lots of resetting.

The WCCS is similar to the Euro-league 1000 Miles! races only because alot of the same Ai that are found in the 1000 Miles! races are also here. There are some new faces like the '67 Toyota 2000GT, '62 Buick Special, and '67 Mercury Cougar as well.

You can either do high-paced races or slower ones, but it is also possible to create a "middle-ground" group of Ai cars. In any case, build your car appropriately for any of these scenarios. I have discovered 5 classes of Ai cars below, with Group A being the fastest, Group B, C, and D being mid-classes, and Group E as slowest. You can use the above W2P ratios and tuning guide below to prepare. Try and find grids that contain as many Ai in a class as possible and keep in mind that just because a car is in a faster class doesn't mean it'll overtake one in a slower class. Class A cars are the one exception and will always dominate others.

CLASS A
AC 427 S/C
'62 Buick Special

CLASS B
'62 Mercury Cougar
'63 Corvette Coupe C2
'64 Ginetta G4

CLASS C
Lotus Elan S1
'64 Toyota 2000GT
'54 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Coupe

CLASS D
'66 Alfa Spider Duetto
'65 Alfa Giulia Sprint GTA
'63 Alfa Giulia Sprint Speciale
'53 Corvette Convertible C1

CLASS E
any Honda Sports cars
any Nissan Skylines
any Nissan Silvias
'70 Mini Marcos

The Citroën 2CV, as we expect, is in a class of its own and poses no threat to anyone. Faster Ai cars have a stupid habit of smashing into the poor 2CV instead of just going around it, though.

So far, i've found it extremely rare (but possible) to find only Class D cars present as Ai, and i've never seen a Class E grid...so don't bother searching for one. A full grid (or mostly full) of classes A, B, and C may take some time to locate, but are easier to set-up. Also note that the Ginetta G4 is by far the worst driver of the pack. Even though it is in the B class and faster than some cars with more than twice its power, it often screws up and loses its place.

Apologies if this turns out to be too large a post but here are my notes on this series:

Professional Hall

World Classic Car

Championship Race Series
Normal or Sports Tyres
Up to 1970 cars
International B Licence Required

Prize Money: 10,000cr/race, 50,000cr/series
Prize Car: Daimler Motor Carriage 1886 (Value 0cr)

Fuji Speedway '80's (2 laps) (Grid)
El Capitan Reverse (2 laps) (Grid)
Nurburgring (1 lap) (Rolling)
Cote d'Azur (2 laps) (Rolling)
Laguna Seca (2 laps) (Rolling)

My previous run at this was in a Jaguar E-Type, which earned me a princely 1 A-Spec ROFL. I would use the Duetto, which I consider to be something of a 'find' that I made in another series but Miko has been much quicker getting his 200 A-Spec diary together and so we need a an alternative car choice.

Try again in the old Silvia I used for the Compact Car series.

Grid: Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA 1600 '65, Ginetta G4 '64, Alfa Romeo Spider 1600 Duetto '66, Lotus Elan S1 '62, Nissan Skyline 1500 Deluxe (S50D-1) '63

Qualify with Racing Exhaust and Chip, S3 Tyres and Zero Ballast to get an idea of the performance of the opposition.

The current gearbox setup of AutoSet 3 @ 4.111 is far too short for this track. Change AutoSet to 6. That got me third slot on the grid behind the Ginetta and the Elan. Add Stage 1 NA Tune. That got me pole by 4 seconds. The gearbox was a touch too short with the added power and I'm amazed that only 21 HP can make such a huge impact (six seconds between first qualifying run and the second).

For the race, drop the racing exhaust and chip, running with 101 HP, S3 tyres and Zero Ballast. A-Spec = 80 and couldn't hold off the Lotus Elan.

Abandon the series and go and look at the 'stock' opposition.

Lotus Elan - 105HP 639KG
Ginetta - 90HP 454KG
Giullia GTA - 113HP 745KG
Duetto - 108HP 960KG
Skyline - 69HP 960KG

I was running 100HP 980KG according to the valuation screen. It looks as if the Skyline dragged the numbers down.

Try again with a new grid:

Toyota 2000GT '67, Ginetta G4 '64, Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint Speciale '63, Honda S800 '66, Nissan Skyline 1500 Delux (S50D-1) '63

I recall that the 2000GT was a rabbit in the previous runs here. Add that to the points anchor that is the Skyline and I'm expecting 2nd place and not much A-Spec. I was right. 55 A-Spec and second place to the 2000GT.

Abandon Series. The AI 'stock' have the following stats:

2000GT - 147HP 1120KG
Giulia Sprint - 110HP 950KG
Honda S800 - 69HP 720KG

Other eligible cars I've scouted out in the Car Lots include the:

Nissan Skyline Sport Coupe (BLRA-3) - 92HP 1350KG
Honda S500 - 43HP 675KG
Honda S600 - 56HP 715KG
Honda 1300 Coupe 9 S - 108HP 900KG (but FF ... Yeuk!)
Mazda 110S - 126HP 960KG
Toyota Sports 800 - 44HP 580KG
Toyota Celica 1600GT - 113HP 940KG
Isuzu 117 Coupe - 118HP 1050KG
Isuzu Bellet 1600 GT-R - 118HP 970KG
Mitsubishi Galant GTO - 123HP 980KG

There are a number of other cars that fit the race criteria in the Japanese section but they're too high in the horse power department to be likely candidates.

Marcos Mini GT - 75HP 559KG
AC 427 S/C - 478HP 1311KG (I think A-Spec could be a bit low with this one :D)

Mercedes Benz 300SL Coupe - 212HP 1295KG
Volkswagen Karmann Ghia Coupe - 43HP 840KG

The American manufacturers have a number of possible entrants but most are far too powerful for A-Spec purposes. A couple of relatively less muscled ones are:

Chevrolet Corvette Convertible - 149HP 1309KG
Chevrolet Corvette Coupe (C2) - 249HP 1370KG
Pontiac Tempest Le Mans GTO - 325HP 1420KG
Mercury Cougar XR-7 - 319HP 1418KG

It can be seen that even with the high weights, the US cars are not going to earn much A-Spec with such high horse power figures. A shame as some are great, free-wheeling, tail-sliding fun to drive.

The Silvia I have seems to be about right for the job, given that 200 A-Spec in this series is more or less deemed to be impossible.

Look for a grid that does not contain the 427 A/C, the Buick Special, the Chevrolet Corvette Coupe (C2), the 2000GT and perhaps the Elan (tho' I reckon I could contain one of them if I had to).

After about thirty grids, I got Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA 1600 '65, Honda S800 '66, Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint Speciale '63, Lotus Elan S1 '62, Nissan Skyline 1500 Deluxe (S50D-1) '63. That'll have to do.

Fuji

I'll run with S3's and Stage 1 NA Tune for 101HP. A-Spec = 46. Took the win by 0.4 seconds over the Elan (eight seconds up on the third place Giulia Sprint GTA).

I'll press on with the series just to have something less embarrassing than 1 A-Spec on the board but obviously this is not a great grid for A-Spec.

El Capitan Reverse

Try to run this with only 89HP (Racing Exhaust and Chip). A-Spec = 79 MOV 0.1 seconds. Much easier than it sounds but I wouldn't care to wager that I could do that at any other circuit.

Nurburgring

Qualifying here will be a pain (do 2 laps to enter a 1 lap race); necessary evil tho'. Dare I try to run with the previous 89HP? I qualified with a 9'06 and was over fourty seconds up on the Elan. Worth a go just for the fun of it. Came second, 6.5 seconds behind the Elan, which just barged me out of the way as if I were made of paper. Lap time was over 9'33 - I'm flabbergasted that 12HP can make that much difference. Not actually much fun to be had there and I'm finding that this 200 A-Spec concentration is destroying the game for me. Onwards, however.

Cote d'Azur

Tried the same here and got an easy MOV of 2 seconds and 79 A-Spec. Didn't have to block at all, simply had my lead and kept it.

Laguna Seca

One of my banes but a track I've come to terms with gradually (altho' I don't think I'll ever 'shine' here). Try for a 89HP win but I fear that I won't do it. Crikey! I did and with no bother too! A-Spec 79.

Will run this again, when I have the patience to keep cycling the grids until a decent one comes up i.e. one that is absent rabbits and anchors.

Get a grid of Alfa Romeo Spider 1600 Duetto '66, Mini Marcos GT '70, Nissan Skyline 1500 Deluxe (S50D-1) '63, Honda S800, Nissan Skyline Sport Coupe (BLRA-3) '62

Fuji

The Duetto is the only one of any performance here I think and qualifying shows this to be true as I pole by 3 seconds using only 89HP. Run with Sports Exhaust and Racing Chip (86HP). A-Spec = 47. Very easy win with a 3.6 second MOV. The Honda S800 and the Skyline Deluxe really drag the points down, I surmise, as both are 69HP.

El Capitan

Poled with Fuji's race settings by over ten seconds. Try to run with N3 tyres to see how she handles without so much tyre traction. 77 A-Spec MOV 2 seconds and a most enjoyable drive. The Silvia handles better on N3's than she does on S3's.

Nurburgring

Poled with El Capitans race settings (9'48.026 (up 28 seconds). Now, the games tricked me here once before; do I try to increase A-Spec or stick with a 77 point win? Drop HP to 81 by taking off the exhaust and chip. A-Spec = 91, laptime 9'58.3 MOV 7 seconds.

Cote d'Azur

Poled 2'17, up 5.5 seconds. There's a little understeer evident here at Monaco. Add 51 Ballast with a -4 balance. A-Spec = 98 MOV didn't notice, which means I wasn't hassled and could easily have run with more ballast :D.

Laguna Seca

Using the same set-up as for Monaco, poled with 2'04.753, up 4 seconds. Add another 50 ballast for 101KG. A-Spec 104, MOV 2.5 seconds (surprisingly over the Mini Marcos for the first time this series).

That run through was much fun - real racing, not block-tastic action. I could've gotten more A-Spec from some of the races, I'm sure as the wins were still being effortless even at Laguna, where I don't drive well.

If it wasn't for the facts that you have to reload many times to get a sensible grid and that the prize car is useless, then this series has great 'repeatability'.

I still need a good 'A-Spec' grid but I haven't seen one yet that bettered the one I had first time and rejected! I've promised my Silvia some new alloys (to replace her current horrible dustbin lid hubcaps) if we can get a grid in the 120 region :). As a practical gift, I buy her a rollcage to see how that effects her speed and handling.

Fuji

Grid: Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA 1600 '65, Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint Speciale '63, Alfa Romeo Spider 1600 Duetto '66, Honda S800 '66, Nissan Skyline Sport Coupe (BLRA-3) '62

Poled with 1'45.103, up 5.352 seconds but had to resort to Racing Exhaust & Chip, NA Tune 1 and Zero Ballast to do it. The difference between running 89HP and 110HP was 6 or 7 seconds as I was second on the grid by a second and a half with 89HP! The Sprint GTA will be a problem I fear but drop HP to 89 for the race. A-Spec = 69. MOV 1.4 over the (blocked) GTA, the Sprint was next closest but was over four seconds back.

El Capitan

Qualified with Racing Exhaust and Chip with N3 tyres. 2'28.845, up 0.784 seconds over the GTA. A-Spec = 100 but ran a best lap 2 seconds faster than my pole and still finished nearly nine seconds behind the GTA. Abandon the series.

New grid: Alfa Romeo Spider 1600 Duetto '66, Honda S800 '66, Nissan Skyline Sport Coupe (BLRA-3) '62, Nissan Skyline 1500 Deluxe (S50D-1) '63, Mini Marcos GT '70

Qualified with 81HP (no power mods), N3 tyres and no ballast. Poled by over half a second. Dare I add ballast here? Try it with 51KG Ballast - A-Spec would've been 91 (showing how much the Deluxe affects the points) but the Duetto ran me off the road and took the win. Abandon the series out of sheer frustration.

New day, many grid cycles later. I get a duplicate of my previously relatively successful grid:

Alfa Romeo Spider 1600 Duetto '66, Mini Marcos GT '70, Nissan Skyline 1500 Deluxe (S50D-1) '63, Honda S800, Nissan Skyline Sport Coupe (BLRA-3) '62

Ran Fuji on N3's and no power upgrades for 91 A-Spec. I don't know if a ballasted win would be possible there as it is vital to keep the AI behind you to the first corner.

With that set-up, poled at El Capitan by nearly six seconds with 2'29.814. The cars handling is back to something decent now that I've fettled the suspension and LSD a bit to compensate for the changes the rollcage imparted. Add 101KG Ballast and see how I do. 104 A-Spec MOV 0.4 seconds with the Duetto having to be blocked to disuade him from cheeky overtaking at one point.

Nurburgring saw pole by nearly 16 seconds with 9'59.555 on N3 tyres and carrying 101KG Ballast. I'll run with that so as not to take the risk of losing all that qualifying time. A-Spec = 104. Lap time 10'01.566 MOV 5 seconds. The problem is that along the entire stretch between Bergwerk and Klostertal the Silvia just will not accelerate. It sticks at just above 80mph and will not go faster. This means that the chasing AI close right up (the Duetto actually bumped me once). After the Karrusel the odd effect disappears and I can open up the gap again.

Cote d'Azur. Pole with 2'17.585 (up 5 seconds) running N3's and 101KG ballast. Increase Ballast to 200 and see what happens. A-Spec = 115. BL 2'17.509 MOV 1.914 seconds. Again, very easy and was never threatened by the AI.

Laguna Seca. Qualified with 200KG Ballast up 2.5 seconds with 2'06.210. Do I settle for 115 A-Spec or try and improve by running N2 tyres? Only one way to know if it'll work or not ... MOV 0.2 seconds with a 2'09 BL but other than a scare from the Marcos on Turn 1 in the first lap I didn't have any trouble. A-Spec 131.

I'll keep my promise to the Silvia and go and buy her some nice alloys for that last race result :).

sukerkin, you are definitely wrong about what you said near the beginning: "200 A-Spec in this series is more or less deemed to be impossible." I suspect what you meant is that it's impossible without using nitrous or any sort of dirty tactics. It was actually quite easy for 200 with a souped-up Honda S600 (or maybe S800, don't remember which) and nitrous, on N2/N3 tires. The very first grid I got was very well balanced (2000GT, Elan, Duetto, two other medium-speed cars) and the nitrous lasts so long with this car that I got easy and clean wins in all races but Nurburgring. There I used the Skyline BLRA-3 on N1s with nitrous for a win that was still clean, more or less.

Anyway, yeah, you can really take anything with 150+ horsepower and enter and exit the championship until you find a grid of all weak cars to destroy everyone. Any of the above-mentioned Class A, B, or C cars will do the job with no problem.

im kinda stuck on whhat is the best car to use in this race that is under 200,000 cr.

plz help

OK, not only is there a wealth of info already posted in this thread thanks to sukerkin and Parnelli Bone 👍, but there's plenty of info in a few more threads on this matter if you'd searched for "world classic" in thread titles for GT4.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=57415&highlight=world+classic

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=57084&highlight=world+classic

Please use the search function in future.

Secondly, with respect to your posting style, please pay attention to our Acceptable Use Policy which you agreed to adhere to when you registered here, specifically this part:

No slang words that promote laziness, ie; “r”, “u”, “plz”, etc. will be tolerated. Decent grammar is expected, including proper usage of capital letters. Repeated violations will be grounds for suspension and/or permanent removal from the forums.

Closed_Thread.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back