Help/Question - GTS / PS4 / External Hard Drive

• Thread starter REN56
  • 4 comments
United States
United States
Hi all,

Looking for some help on how to “view” GTS files (“Gran Turismo Sport”) - specifically Scapes Photos & Race Photos (since those files all have the option showing to “Export to USB Storage Device” when pressing the triangle Menu button) that have been copied (exported) from the PS4 Pro to an external hard drive. Also, after transferring these same GTS file types to an external hard drive, how can these files be copied back to the PS4 from the external hard drive - or can they? (I haven’t seen any way to do so.) Example: I coped a bunch of my GTS files to an external hard drive to temporarily save some PS4 hard drive space - deleting the files from the PS4 internal drive - thinking that I was safe to do so because I had the files copied onto the external hard drive that I could always copy back if/when wanted... but I’ve unfortunately had absolutely no luck at all finding/viewing any of those files on the external hard drive to be able to copy them back. *sigh*

Any/all help with this will be very much welcomed and appreciated!
Many thanks in advance!
- REN56 -

Last edited:
Someone may know more but I was unable to transfer them back when I did this a year or so back. I don't think there is anyway to restore them back into the game if that is what you are trying to do bud

Thanks very much for the reply Smokey, I appreciate it.

Yes, that’s what I wanted to do, or know that I could do for sure, to be able to simply “copy” the files back to the PS4 internal drive and back into the GTS game from the external hard drive. Sad to hear that it doesn’t sound like it will be possible. *sigh* LOTS of lost files in that case. *sigh*

Not sure about the hard drive thing (apart from doing it laboriously, copying to USB stick, but the issue is getting them back!).

What about "sharing" your photos - if you don't want to go public restrict to "friends". That will upload them to PD's server. Then when you want them back, "add to collection" - they'll delete from your library but be on your gallery.

Having said that I'd experiment a bit first with stuff you don't mind losing!!

Thanks for the reply Seadog, I appreciate it.

You have a possibly good idea there that you mentioned. It’s still not exactly what I was hoping for, but it’s still a good idea that might work. Thanks for suggesting it as an option to try.

Back