HELP!!! T-GT brake pedal... kaputt??!!

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
So, jumped on this morning. Set an ok qualifying time in the Audi at Le Mans then went to do a couple of races from the back on another account. Didn't have the cash to buy a Gr1 car so quickly jumped onto a Hamilton test, out braked myself massively, everything was really weird, the car just wouldn't slow down. Went into a race and after hugely over shooting some of the corners I quit out, wondering why my car wouldn't stop.

So, here's the thing. When I start to apply above 50% brake pressure to the pedal, the brake pressure indicator is all over the place doing a dance. Obviously this is why the car isn't slowing down, I'm expecting almost full braking and it's barely touching them. It does this dance with ABS on and off, and makes racing impossible. It seemed to happen suddenly, but watching some replays of yesterday's race it was happening then, just not to the same extent.

Here's a vid of the brake pressure dancing (I'm applying constant increasing pressure)

And here's a short vid in the same car (during my finest hour so far on GT Sport!) of me hitting three braking zones, not braking 100% and no dancing

So, the question is, are there any fixes I can try out? Or is this a case of the brake pedal has left me in quarantine and up 🤬 creek without a pedal?

I do use the conical brake mod - if that makes any difference

Thanks for all help in advance :bowdown:

I'd start with removing the mod first but I don't think it'll change. Looks like the potentiometer (if there is one) in the brake pedal base is, at least, going to need a little maintenance. Might be savable, might not be. I'm sure there are people here who have done this. Hopefully they'll be of more help than me. Good luck.

I'd start with removing the mod first but I don't think it'll change. Looks like the potentiometer (if there is one) in the brake pedal base is, at least, going to need a little maintenance. Might be savable, might not be. I'm sure there are people here who have done this. Hopefully they'll be of more help than me. Good luck.
Not gonna believe this - it was the mod. Took it out and brakes were smooth, put it back in and brakes wouldn't even get to 50% no matter how hard I pushed them!

I now have a big problem though because I'm so used to the resistance and being able to 'feel' the brakes, I need something in there. Guessing the mod has a shelf life before the rubber gets too hard or whatever it does. Whether I can set the pedals up differently to allow more travel before hitting the mod and keep the mod in I don't know, will have to have a look. Dumbfounded that it was the mod causing that to happen though, makes no real sense (to me, anyway!)

Thanks 👍

Last edited:
Not gonna believe this - it was the mod. Took it out and brakes were smooth, put it back in and brakes wouldn't even get to 50% no matter how hard I pushed them!

I now have a big problem though because I'm so used to the resistance and being able to 'feel' the brakes, I need something in there. Guessing the mod has a shelf life before the rubber gets too hard or whatever it does. Whether I can set the pedals up differently to allow more travel before hitting the mod and keep the mod in I don't know, will have to have a look. Dumbfounded that it was the mod causing that to happen though, makes no real sense (to me, anyway!)

Thanks 👍

No way. 👍 I guess everything wears out eventually but it's weird. It's just a piece of rubber. :confused: I still think it's related to the electronics in the pedal and not the mod. It might just be the beginning of the end. Well, if it works. Just practice without it, you'll get used to it in no time. I have never installed the mod (I have the T3PA pedals) and I can do quite fine without it.

No way. 👍 I guess everything wears out eventually but it's weird. It's just a piece of rubber. :confused: I still think it's related to the electronics in the pedal and not the mod. It might just be the beginning of the end. Well, if it works. Just practice without it, you'll get used to it in no time. I have never installed the mod (I have the T3PA pedals) and I can do quite fine without it.

I'm having to concentrate a lot on braking - which sometimes compromises what my hands do! Was really quick in the Jag around Monza funny enough but trying those Gr1 cars around Le Mans is a different kettle of fish

a solution maybe here? ...

I'll check them out later, thanks

Back