HELP tune. I Need a Best car 2000cc max 656pp

• Thread starter marco1989
  • 12 comments
Hi guys, i Need a setup tune for a car 2000cc
Max 656pp. Sameone can Help me?
94 Celica

Put it to like 350 hp (it’s plenty) and on racing softs it will be around 700

I imagine you can put hards on it and raise the suspension a little and be around 656

Nothing in the street car variety around 2000cc can really touch it from my experience. Especially if you gear it to top out at 160 mph and a focus for acceleration

Downsides of this car

Fuel consumption and tires

If those are not a factor then it should beat every other 2000cc street car

Hi guys, i Need a setup tune for a car 2000cc
Max 656pp. Sameone can Help me?
94 Celica

I imagine you can put hards on it and raise the suspension a little and be around 656

Nothing in the street car variety around 2000cc can really touch it from my experience. Especially if you gear it to top out at 160 mph and a focus for acceleration

Downsides of this car

95E8DC99-8B53-441F-91E7-1AB41166C42B.jpeg

This is what I had a few months ago for the celica. Would show the gears but I have changed it since then and don’t have a screenshot.

This car with this setup was able to do low 1:48s on the autopolis full course with consistency

It’s somewhere in the realm of better than GR4 but not as good as GR3. Which is pretty good imo for a 350hp car

94 Celica

Downsides of this car

View attachment 1192295

This is what I had a few months ago for the celica. Would show the gears but I have changed it since then and don’t have a screenshot.

This car with this setup was able to do low 1:48s on the autopolis full course with consistency

It’s somewhere in the realm of better than GR4 but not as good as GR3. Which is pretty good imo for a 350hp car
Thanks you. I try👌
94 Celica

Downsides of this car

View attachment 1192295

thanks you. I try

If you want slightly left-field suggestions,

then engine swapped RX-7 '02 with the racing 787B might work - certainly if fuel economy is important. I know the engine is technically smaller than 2 litres. The RX8 might be better, as it is a heavier car, and will therefore run with 'faster' tires. I think I've used these in the Toyko 600pp race - so they should work well for a 650pp event.

Has the Honda Civic Type R '20 got a smaller engine than 2-litres, I think it does from memory. On its own it'll probably be pretty competitive. Engined-swapped In the Mini Cooper '65. I seem to remember it was pretty fast, but it needs a good tune.

I know the '89 Eunos/MX5 has an engine swap from RX=7 but I've no experience with this

Can you use a group 4 car? I think that there are a few with engine sizes smaller than 2-litres?

EDIT: then engine swapped RX-7 '02 with the racing 787B might work - certainly if fuel economy is important. I know the engine is technically smaller than 2 litres. The RX8 might be better, as it is a heavier car, and will therefore run with 'faster' tires. I think I've used these in the Toyko 600pp race - so they should work well for a 650pp event.
SORRY - as others have correctly pointed out this was wrong. The 787B engine is 2.6 litres

Last edited:
I don’t think any of these races require that much effort. The rabbits slow down on lap four and five, or later on longer races. I have never had to find the “one car” that can win. I’m not a good driver. Below average really. I can always win races with a car well under the pp cap.

If you want slightly left-field suggestions, then engine swapped RX-7 '02 with the racing 787B might work - certainly if fuel economy is important. I know the engine is technically smaller than 2 litres.
The 787B engine is a 2.6l. The RX7 and RX8 engines are 1.3l.

Last edited:
Hmm I remember reading something somewhere that the 13B already is equivalent of a 2.6L.
Because Mazda measures it a 2 stroke while in fact it's a 4 stroke, or something like that.

p78
Hmm I remember reading something somewhere that the 13B already is equivalent of a 2.6L.
Because Mazda measures it a 2 stroke while in fact it's a 4 stroke, or something like that.
Not quite right.

the 13B is a "2 disks/rotors/combustion chamber" Wankel engine with about 650 ccm each, i.e. a total of 1.3 liters. The 26B is a "4 disc/rotor/combustion chamber" engine, ie 4 x ~650 ccm, which means that the 26B has a capacity of 2.6 litres.

Last edited:
Back