Help! Unspecified Error Loading Styles.

Singapore
Singapore
XSquareStickIt
Has anyone else encountered this issue? When loading certain styles, the game gives me an unspecified error symbol, then tells me "Failed". See the screenshots below:

Gran Turismo® 7_20230328152047.png

Gran Turismo® 7_20230328152059.png

So far, I've only had this error on two styles, which I'll link below:

I asked the creator of the Swift style in the comments section if he knows what causes it. They said they had no idea. It doesn't seem like a very widespread issue, given how I haven't seen anyone mention this.

Does anyone know what causes it? Any possible workaround?

Not had a style say 'failed' as yet.

I always recommend changing connection method since that solved a few problems for me in GTSport... however, there seems to be a few people recently having a problem with the livery editor hanging when loading or saving styles or liveries at the moment. I'm hoping it's a bug and that it gets fixed, I've got about 20 hours on a livery I currently can't access and I'd if that happened with some of my more complex WIP's, I'd likely abandon the game.

I've not found an effective, repeatable workaround as yet.

Just tried to load the Lancer livery and got the same failed error. I guess it's a broken livery.
And the Swift link doesn't work.
Good to know it's not on my end. Thanks for taking time out to test for me.

Also, I'm not sure what exactly I'm doing wrong, but some style URLs just don't seem to work. I think maybe styles past the first page of the user don't work via direct link. You can search for it via the tags: #option #stripe #orio

Is it applied to the car? If yes, can't you just create a new livery from it?

I've tried that when it was applied to the car but it doesn't help. Once GT Auto has to interact with the livery again it just hangs, you just end up with multiple copies you can't access.

asdasdas.png

I may have found a solution to the style loading error (no luck with liveries yet, sorry). Sharing my workaround here and hopefully more people have success with it.

The style I'll be using for this example is for the 2016 Lexus RC F GT500.

推しの子 星野アイ RC F GT500 by kankan0208
#oshinoko #anime #hoshinoai

Style link

Add the style to your collection. When loaded via GT Auto, the unspecified error appears:

グランツーリスモ™ 7_20231028091148.png

Go to "Showcase" and find the style under your "Collection".

グランツーリスモ™ 7_20231028091230.png

Preview it by clicking into the image of the car.

グランツーリスモ™ 7_20231028091252.png

Then simply go back into GT Auto and load the same style again. It should now work.

グランツーリスモ™ 7_20231028091322.png

Once a style is successfully loaded, it seems to load without fail on subsequent attempts, even if you load other styles and liveries, and will continue to load even after a console reset/clear temp data.

As for the cause of this error, I am still unsure. I had a look into the livery and couldn't find any missing decals.

I may have found a solution to the style loading error (no luck with liveries yet, sorry). Sharing my workaround here and hopefully more people have success with it.

The style I'll be using for this example is for the 2016 Lexus RC F GT500.

推しの子 星野アイ RC F GT500 by kankan0208
#oshinoko #anime #hoshinoai

Style link

Add the style to your collection. When loaded via GT Auto, the unspecified error appears:

View attachment 1298746

Go to "Showcase" and find the style under your "Collection".

View attachment 1298748

Preview it by clicking into the image of the car.

View attachment 1298749

Then simply go back into GT Auto and load the same style again. It should now work.

View attachment 1298750

Once a style is successfully loaded, it seems to load without fail on subsequent attempts, even if you load other styles and liveries, and will continue to load even after a console reset/clear temp data.

As for the cause of this error, I am still unsure. I had a look into the livery and couldn't find any missing decals.
doesn't work on the 911 rsr. I wanted to load an existing livery of another guy from the list but it also says "failed". I can't download any designs related to that car.
I reloaded the current menu seems to be a bug ingame. It worked on third try

Last edited:
Back