Help with 2 consoles.

billynotsilly
billynotsilly
Hi all,

Trying to find an answer to a question I have regarding playing GT Sport on multiple consoles has given me mixed results this leaving me confused. So here I go…

I'm thinking of buying my mates PS4 just to play GT Sport in the garage as I can have a steering wheel in there and keeping the PS5 inside.

Am I right in doing this to not stuff my saves around?:

When playing on PS5, at the end of a GT session, manually upload PS5 GT Sport save to PS Cloud.
When playing on PS4, before loading GT Sport, manually download latest GT Sport save from PS Cloud, then play.
At the end of the PS4 session, manually upload GT Sport save to PS cloud.
When playing on PS5, just do the same thing as if I'm about to play on PS4?

To keep it simple:
Whatever console I'm playing on, before I start GT sport, manually download the latest save.
Whatever console I'm playing on, when I finish my session, manually upload the save file.

Any issues to this?

Thanks heaps in advance.

Thank you sir. On something of a technicality because the PS5 save has settings such as HDR and 4K settings (not exactly 4K but something along those lines that I can’t remember exactly), does that cause any issues with the save file?

Thank you sir. On something of a technicality because the PS5 save has settings such as HDR and 4K settings (not exactly 4K but something along those lines that I can’t remember exactly), does that cause any issues with the save file?
To my recollection, all that happens is that the PS4 goes "no" and will reset the resolution to (what it calls) 2K... but you might have to go into the in-game settings again on PS5 and re-enable 4K.

To my recollection, all that happens is that the PS4 goes "no" and will reset the resolution to (what it calls) 2K... but you might have to go into the in-game settings again on PS5 and re-enable 4K.
Thanks heaps for sharing your knowledge. Onwards to the purchase

I'm switching between ps5 and ps4 pro and it simply collects my save from the cloud. I have ps+ though, so maybe that automates it?

Switching the ps4 pro between 1080p and 4K HDR tv never had any issues either, but I haven't tried the ps5 on 1080p tv yet.

I'm switching between ps5 and ps4 pro and it simply collects my save from the cloud. I have ps+ though, so maybe that automates it?

Switching the ps4 pro between 1080p and 4K HDR tv never had any issues either, but I haven't tried the ps5 on 1080p tv yet.
Thanks bud

Thanks bud
No problem. I'm currently playing GTS on ps4 pro and Ratchet and Clank on ps5. I had to disable network on PS5 so I could run two games on my account. (Otherwise it suspends the one on the other machine). I still have my old 1080p tv in the living room, so race on that, play R&C in between on the 4K telly (14 minute wait between races, doing race A)

The only difficulty is grabbing the right controller :crazy:

Back