Help with 24hr le sarthe (maths help!!)

  • Thread starter Thread starter ragnar666
  • 39 comments
  • 3,710 views
Messages
436
Australia
AU
Messages
rayuki_84, GTP_Ragnar666
hey guys im trying to find out how long i can go AFK on the 24hr le sarthe in an X1 and still be able to catch up and win eventually by the end of the 24hrs.

im hoping someone who has done it can give me some lap times to compare, or if someone is good with maths do a calculation for me lol.

My plan is to start it before i go to bed, then go to sleep for like 8hrs maybe then wake up and drive thru to finish.

is it possible?
 
I can understand why you don't bother finding it out yourself when you hardly can be bothered doing the race ...

But I'll get you started:
*Start the race
*Do 5 laps
*Pause the game or let it run while you calculate how many laps you can do pr. hour and how many laps the number 2 car will do pr hour.
*Then you'll easily enough can calculate exact how many rounds you MUST do to win the race ...
 
I can understand why you don't bother finding it out yourself when you hardly can be bothered doing the race ...

But I'll get you started:
*Start the race
*Do 5 laps
*Pause the game or let it run while you calculate how many laps you can do pr. hour and how many laps the number 2 car will do pr hour.
*Then you'll easily enough can calculate exact how many rounds you MUST do to win the race ...

Yeah well there in lies the problem, it will most likely take me LONGER then 24hrs to figure it out. I suck at maths.

I'll happily do a 24hr race, the full 24hrs, just not on such a boring track. if it was nurburgring first i would easily grind it over and over. but sarthe is just boring.
 
i think i did close to 450 laps or a bit more... dont know right now.... cant remember..., but i know that when you drive with the X1 - when you reach 16h of the race then you have won - you can park the car and wait next 8 hours

i have lapped the P2 car about 130 times and in the end i was still about 10 laps infront....

first day i drove 7 hours.... then went to bed
next and final day i did 9 hours.... and that was it - parked it and came back later to pick up the money, exp lvl, prize car....
 
Last edited:
jeez...
if 1 lap in the X2010 takes 3:15:xxx, convert it to seconds:

3 x 60 + 15 = 195 seconds

if 1 lap for Car2 takes 4:37:xxx, convert it to seconds:

4 x 60 + 37 = 277 seconds

You're obviously using a pc or phone to post here. There's an app called Calculator in the accessories folder in the start menu ;-)

What you want is 'Laps per Hour'

Using the numbers above (complete guesswork btw)

X2010 Lph = 3600 / 195 = 18.46.

Car2 Lph = 3600 / 277 = 13.00

Thus the X2010 does 5.46 laps per hour more than Car2.

Multiply by the original X2010 lap time (195 seconds)

5.46 x 195 = 1064.7 seconds

Divide by 60 = 17.74 minutes = 17:44:xxx. (multiply 0.74 by 60 to get the seconds)

So with the numbers above you can be AFK for slightly less than 18 minutes per hour (you're going to be able to draft a bit because you're not first).

Now you understand it, here's the formula

You can be AFK for 60 - ((60 x Your lap time in seconds) /( His lap time in seconds )) minutes
f.eks 60 - ((60 x 195)/277) = 17.76 minutes
 
Last edited:
Yeah well there in lies the problem, it will most likely take me LONGER then 24hrs to figure it out. I suck at maths.

I'll happily do a 24hr race, the full 24hrs, just not on such a boring track. if it was nurburgring first i would easily grind it over and over. but sarthe is just boring.

First of all I have to disagree. I think Sarthe is not boring at all.

8 Hours afk I think is impossible.

When I did it I was afk about 3 hours of the 24 and I had a 32 lap gap at the end. And I was lucky I had 4 hours of rain, you'll make a gap way faster when there's rain. My cousin did the 24h at the same time but had no rain and even tho he is better than me he had a way smaller gap. With 4 hours of rain the opponent did 375 laps in my case.


I suggest starting it in the morning and restart the race until you start in the rain.
 
Yeah well there in lies the problem, it will most likely take me LONGER then 24hrs to figure it out. I suck at maths.

I'll happily do a 24hr race, the full 24hrs, just not on such a boring track. if it was nurburgring first i would easily grind it over and over. but sarthe is just boring.

Nobody sucks that much in math ...
 
What do you mean 1 lap with X1 on LM track takes 3.15???
my fastest lap was a 2.08
and most of time i drove 2.10 - 2.20 times.... thats 1 min faster....

Did you have a brake every 30 seconds or what?????
 
Here's a tip, start the race in rain. The AI will be stupidly slow on wet conditions, and will lap about 30% slower, so instead of doing say 100 laps, they will do 70. If you are good using the X1, and cutting the chicanes, you will lap at about 2:08-2:10 on dry, so if it's not raining by the time you wake up, you'll be able to catch up faster. That will give you about 8 hours of parking time.

Safest bet? Sleep 7 hours.
 
What do you mean 1 lap with X1 on LM track takes 3.15???
my fastest lap was a 2.08
and most of time i drove 2.10 - 2.20 times.... thats 1 min faster....

Did you have a brake every 30 seconds or what?????

Well I can understand that you wouldn't understand this.

Good luck understanding the rest of life ;-)
 
hey guys im trying to find out how long i can go AFK on the 24hr le sarthe in an X1 and still be able to catch up and win eventually by the end of the 24hrs.

im hoping someone who has done it can give me some lap times to compare, or if someone is good with maths do a calculation for me lol.

My plan is to start it before i go to bed, then go to sleep for like 8hrs maybe then wake up and drive thru to finish.

is it possible?

I can do the calculation, as I didn't unlock the event yet.
1) Find out your lap time on the 2nd lap via drive. You can either do this on the event or in Practice Mode.

2) Once you complete the previous step, write it down. Drive again to see if the lap time stays constant or near constant.

3) Once you complete the previous step, write all the lap times down. Compare the recent lap time to the previous to see if it stays constant or near constant. NOTE: If you're targeting towards fast lap times, still keep the previous lap times written down. Go on to step four.

4) If the lap times stays constant or near constant, round by the nearest second. This states you'll produce the same constant or near constant lap times throughout the event, & thus results in a fair amount. Make sure you keep this rounded number written down. NOTE RESPONSE: Make sure to keep the written down previous lap times. Round them to the nearest second & add all of them up. Keep the sum written down. Even though you'll produce fast times, if it is close to your previous lap times by like 5 seconds, take the rounded amount to your recent lap times.

5) Take the written down rounded lap time & convert it into seconds. Now your goal is to find out how many laps you can produce to the time of when the time elapsed to its expiration while at the same time being in 1st position -- or not. To do this, convert 24 hours into seconds, which is 86,400 seconds. Now divide this with your rounded lap time (make sure it's in seconds). You should come up with a high quotient, like 800. This is how many laps you can produce until the end or near to the end of the event while still creating the same or approximately the same as your rounded lap time & being in the same constant position.

If you have a feeling that you'll be in the rain or in other conditions, repeat the same steps above & keep it written down once you solve the problem.
 
Well I can understand that you wouldn't understand this.

Good luck understanding the rest of life ;-)

ahhhhhhhhhhhh just forget it, youre too smart for me.... just post your calcuilations.... im outta here
 
jeez...
if 1 lap in the X2010 takes 3:15:xxx, convert it to seconds:

3 x 60 + 15 = 195 seconds

if 1 lap for Car2 takes 4:37:xxx, convert it to seconds:

4 x 60 + 37 = 277 seconds

You're obviously using a pc or phone to post here. There's an app called Calculator in the accessories folder in the start menu ;-)

What you want is 'Laps per Hour'

Using the numbers above (complete guesswork btw)

X2010 Lph = 3600 / 195 = 18.46.

Car2 Lph = 3600 / 277 = 13.00

Thus the X2010 does 5.46 laps per hour more than Car2.

Multiply by the original X2010 lap time (195 seconds)

5.46 x 195 = 1064.7 seconds

Divide by 60 = 17.74 minutes = 17:44:xxx. (multiply 0.74 by 60 to get the seconds)

So with the numbers above you can be AFK for slightly less than 18 minutes per hour (you're going to be able to draft a bit because you're not first).

Now you understand it, here's the formula

You can be AFK for 60 - ((60 x Your lap time in seconds) /( His lap time in seconds )) minutes
f.eks 60 - ((60 x 195)/277) = 17.76 minutes


thanks yeah this would have taken me ages to figure out lol.

also thanks alex1369 for the info, this means i should be fine to start it, park it up and go to bed first then wake up and start lol.

i think it will be more enjoyable this way as i'll be really far behind and it will give me something to do during my racing lol
 
Going of the calculation you can stop for 7 hours :)
 
Apparently 387 laps done by the AI in general - check it out.
 
There's your answer, do 200 laps, go to bed, do another 200 in the morning...

Great post, it means you can do this race in 15 hours. Which is closer to reality anyway as no driver does the whole race. In fact to properly simulate the race, you should do it in 4 hour stints and sleep/rest/eat in between. Although you're going to have to do quick laps to not break the official rule of no driver doing more than 14 hours in total. From Wikipedia;

Drivers

Originally, there were no rules on the number of drivers of a car, or how long they could drive. Although almost all teams used two drivers in the early decades, some Le Mans drivers such as Pierre Levegh and Eddie Hall attempted to run the race solo, hoping to save time by not having to change drivers. This practice was later banned. Until the 1980s, there were teams in which only two drivers competed, but by the end of the decade the rules were changed to stipulate that at least three drivers must drive each car.

By the 1990s, due to the speeds of the cars and the strain it put on drivers, further rules were added to improve driver safety. Drivers could not drive more than four hours consecutively, and no one driver could run for more than fourteen hours in total. This reduced driver fatigue during the races.
 
well i've done a few goes of this in the X1 now and im thinking i might just do this in a normal car or my arms might fall off lol.

doing this with a G25 with an x1 is insane, my arms feel like jelly already and i've only done 15 laps.

also no idea how people are doing 2:05 and 2:10 laps, my best so far is 2:25 and my average around 2:35 something.

think i might put it off until the weekend and just do it in a normal car the full 24hrs.

that or do it with a controller lol.
 
well i've done a few goes of this in the X1 now and im thinking i might just do this in a normal car or my arms might fall off lol.

doing this with a G25 with an x1 is insane, my arms feel like jelly already and i've only done 15 laps.

also no idea how people are doing 2:05 and 2:10 laps, my best so far is 2:25 and my average around 2:35 something.

think i might put it off until the weekend and just do it in a normal car the full 24hrs.

that or do it with a controller lol.


Unplug the power cord from the G25. Your wrists will thank you.
 
+1, i unplug the power too. I raced 15.5 hours with the X1, than parked the car for 8.5 hours. AI will do 350 to 370 laps depending on weather. The easiest way for this event is probably to drive until night, then leave the game running for 8 hours an race again.
 
Tsk tsk ... kids these days :lol:

Jepp...we get older all the time ;-)

Sorry Alex1369....I'm having a bad hair day....at 50 I should know better but it does say I'm a Junior Member so put my truculence down to that ;-) (Just don't mention the male menopause or I'll go off in a huff!)
 
Make sure you factor in pit stops in the calculations. They last 2 minutes! That can make a huge difference in a final result.
 
But freight....won't all the cars require about the same amount of pit stops? Even if you're burning tyres with the X2010, its lesser weight should compensate fine. For cars as overpowered (compared to the competition) as the X2010 and the FGT, with their lesser weights (= lesser fuel comsumption/tyre wear), I don't think it will matter.
 
The X1 runs out of fuel before tyres.
 
well i've done a few goes of this in the X1 now and im thinking i might just do this in a normal car or my arms might fall off lol.

doing this with a G25 with an x1 is insane, my arms feel like jelly already and i've only done 15 laps.

also no idea how people are doing 2:05 and 2:10 laps, my best so far is 2:25 and my average around 2:35 something.

think i might put it off until the weekend and just do it in a normal car the full 24hrs.

that or do it with a controller lol.

+1 I do that with my DFGT too. Makes it so much easier!
 
But freight....won't all the cars require about the same amount of pit stops? Even if you're burning tyres with the X2010, its lesser weight should compensate fine. For cars as overpowered (compared to the competition) as the X2010 and the FGT, with their lesser weights (= lesser fuel comsumption/tyre wear), I don't think it will matter.

I hope this makes as much sense here as in my head:

The X2010 does not get the fuel mileage that the LMP cars do. It pits way more often than the competition. The numbers will differ slightly. Unless, of course, I'm not factoring in something else.
 
OK...I get it. I thought the X2010 tyre wear would outweigh the fuel consumption...I only use the FGT for grinding / endurance races.

So what sort of modifier would the formula need for the X2010? How many extra pit stops are there? (I guess the formula holds for other cars as it is?)
Minutes AFK =
60 - (Number of extra pit stops x 2) - (60 x X2010 laptime/Car2 Laptime)

btw Freight...I updated my sig with your sig as a template.....spooky similarities there!
 
Last edited:
OK...I get it. I thought the X2010 tyre wear would outweigh the fuel consumption...I only use the FGT for grinding / endurance races.

So what sort of modifier would the formula need for the X2010? How many extra pit stops are there? (I guess the formula holds for other cars as it is?)
Minutes AFK =
60 - (Number of extra pit stops x 2) - (60 x X2010 laptime/Car2 Laptime)

btw Freight...I updated my sig with your sig as a template.....spooky similarities there!

I'm not sure what the modifier is for the X2010. The FGT was running about 8 laps in dry conditions at Le Mans (B-Spec).

And I guess my signature is a good format then. :)
 
Back