Help With 427 Cobra Please?

• Thread starter tori
  • 11 comments
United States
United States
Hey guys, I've been getting into the Shelby Cobras lately and just love the power to weight ratios but I can't find a good track tune for them. :( Can anyone help me? I have both of them so it really doesn't matter which the tune is for. Specifications below.

Oil Change
Sport Soft Tires
Full Power
Full Weight Reduction
Everything Fully Upgraded
Less Than 100KG Ballast Weight

I'm quite good at tuning but I just can't get this car figured out. :irked: This can be a little game for you guys to make it more fun. :lol: Whoever finishes their tune first gets an internet cookie and whoever has the best tune gets an internet cookie. :P Thanks in advance for any help. :D

Well theres your problem :lol:

The cobra is a monster, always has been and always will be. The chassis just can't handle the power
Yes but I believe tuning can tame all beasts, no matter how bad they are. I'll just have to keep working on it I suppose. That's alright though because other cars are so easy to tune it gets boring. Hmmm... 💡

Yes but I believe tuning can tame all beasts, no matter how bad they are. I'll just have to keep working on it I suppose. That's alright though because other cars are so easy to tune it gets boring. Hmmm... 💡
You'll never make a good racer out of it at those specs, in order to stand half a chance of getting any power to the ground you would have to compromise the suspension so much that it just won't corner effectively. It just can't generate enough grip on sports tyres, tie that to a really short, wide and floppy chassis and you end up with something that will never behave.

Tuning can solve many problems but it can't defeat physics, there isn't enough weight pressing down on the rear wheels to generate anywhere near enough grip on those tyres to stop the power overcoming the traction.

Although i never tried tuning this car in GT6 i spent many hours on it in GT5 & i could not get it to handle how i wanted.
I have to agree with DolHaus. You don't have much chance of ending up with a decent car with the specs you want.

Why do you have ballast listed? I somewhat agree with @DolHaus on this, although as the power increases the need for more skill, the SS tires are hella sticky and work just fine once you get used to them. " Full power" as in fully upgraded power makes for an interesting ride. I cap mine off at 600pp. That's about the top of the usable level of tune and that's even debatable.

At 500pp, that car is spectacular. At 550 it's a force to be reckoned with. At fully upgraded power, it's not at all useful for anything beyond ovals IMHO.

Why do you have ballast listed? I somewhat agree with @DolHaus on this, although as the power increases the need for more skill, the SS tires are hella sticky and work just fine once you get used to them. " Full power" as in fully upgraded power makes for an interesting ride. I cap mine off at 600pp. That's about the top of the usable level of tune and that's even debatable.

At 500pp, that car is spectacular. At 550 it's a force to be reckoned with. At fully upgraded power, it's not at all useful for anything beyond ovals IMHO.
Well I'm not looking for the best handling car ever, I would use RS if I wanted that. I just want a fun car that isn't one of the worst handling cars I have. :lol:

Actually, I was a little brain dead and didn't realize that full power was about 600pp. I am putting together a post for you and will link it here in a little bit.

UPDATE - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...and-a-crazy-cobra.300509/page-4#post-10657754

The key is just to remember that you have LMP power and weight with no downforce and 500pp grip. You need to be mindful of your speed and brake REALLY early. Also, nailing the throttle will loop you, so pour it only gradually.

As I say in the post, you can set the top speed higher and then adjust the individual gears. The final drive puts the power in the proper place regardless.

Last edited:
Actually, I was a little brain dead and didn't realize that full power was about 600pp. I am putting together a post for you and will link it here in a little bit.

UPDATE - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...and-a-crazy-cobra.300509/page-4#post-10657754

The key is just to remember that you have LMP power and weight with no downforce and 500pp grip. You need to be mindful of your speed and brake REALLY early. Also, nailing the throttle will loop you, so pour it only gradually.

As I say in the post, you can set the top speed higher and then adjust the individual gears. The final drive puts the power in the proper place regardless.
Thanks! I'll try it out ASAP. :D And here is your cookie, as promised. :P
IMG_2942.jpg

Yum! :lol:

Update - It's very fun and can actually turn now! Thanks. :D

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back