Help with Campaign Mode Please

• Thread starter RawHorses
  • 11 comments
United States
United States
I am in the Amateur portion of the campaign mode and have made it to the VGT Trophy Series. I went to Brand Central and for $1,000,000, bought the SRT Tomahawk X VGT and got in the car.
I went back to campaign mode and amateur events and directly to the VGT Trophy Series and went I tried to enter the race the screen that shows your available cars for that series was empty. It won't let me race in that series with that car. I don't know why. The only limitation for that series is that it MUST be a "VGT" car which it clearly is, unless I'm just not seeing something that is right in front of my face???
Very frustrating... LOL
Someone please help me
Thank you

The event you try to enter is the low spec VGT amateur series, whose cars I'll recommend entering with is something like Nissan 2020 VGT, Alpine VGT, Honda VGT, Toyota VGT, and Lexus VGT. You can find the info here.

Note that one of those cars (selected randomly but all pool is those kind of VGT cars) can be freely available to you at some early point in Mission Challenge if I remember.

You can see which car you could enter or eligible cars by selecting the Information logo:
images

However, the Tomahawk you have bought isn't entirely useless since it can annihilate the opponents on later profesional events called "VGT Trophy Series +", for higher spec VGT series (notice the + on the series name).

Last edited:
The event you try to enter is the low spec VGT amateur series, whose cars I'll recommend entering with is something like Nissan 2020 VGT, Alpine VGT, Honda VGT, Toyota VGT, and Lexus VGT. You can find the info here.

Note that one of those cars (selected randomly but all pool is those kind of VGT cars) can be freely available to you at some early point in Mission Challenge if I remember.

You can see which car you could enter or eligible cars by selecting the Information logo:
images

However, the Tomahawk you have bought isn't entirely useless since it can annihilate the opponents on later profesional events called "VGT Trophy Series +", for higher spec VGT series (notice the + on the series name).

Hey... Thank you very much. That was a big help! Have a great day!
Jason

If you get stuck in the campaign due to not having the correct cars, spend some time with the license tests, circuit experience, and driving challenges. You get a lot of the necessary cars for free.
Hey,
Thank you so much for your help

Hi All, I'm a little late. I have a similar problem. I'm at the professional League Vision GT Trophy +. I checked permitted cars and chose the McLaren VGT from the list. Purchased for 1,000,000 credits but it's not available for the race even though it's listed as permitted. That was all of my credits and I can't even sell the car to get some credits back if I screwed up. PLEASE HELP!! Thanks 0

Hi All, I'm a little late. I have a similar problem. I'm at the professional League Vision GT Trophy +. I checked permitted cars and chose the McLaren VGT from the list. Purchased for 1,000,000 credits but it's not available for the race even though it's listed as permitted. That was all of my credits and I can't even sell the car to get some credits back if I screwed up. PLEASE HELP!! Thanks 0

I’m guessing you bought the ineligible VGT Gr.1 version instead of the eligible VGT Gr.X version.

I’m guessing you bought the ineligible VGT Gr.1 version instead of the eligible VGT Gr.X version.

Thanks, just kinda assumed the showroom had all of the buyable cars. Also the permitted cars screen just says "McLaren VGT" and doesnt specify any GR. Thanks
I feel there's so much wrong with this game, especially the presentation. Can't even save offline ffs.

Thanks, just kinda assumed the showroom had all of the buyable cars. Also the permitted cars screen just says "McLaren VGT" and doesnt specify any GR. Thanks
I feel there's so much wrong with this game, especially the presentation. Can't even save offline ffs.

The brands do have all available cars. When you select a brand, some have two choices. They are regular cars (showroom?) and VGT. Choose the VGT option.

I know that doesn't help you since you already spent your credits but hopefully it clarifies it for you.

Also within those sections cars are shown by category so you would have the Gr1 first then the Gr X, you can see the category on the bottom right of the thumbnail.

If you bought the GR.1 version by mistake, it's not the end of the world. The McLaren is a good car choice for the GR.1 races in Professional section, especially when upgraded. Each of these races gets you ?150k or thereabouts for winning (I forget the exact amount). If you win them all with the McLaren, that will give you enough credits to buy the VGT 👍

There's a two sections in the league race menu that shows eligible cars and competing cars.

I agree they should have put a "Buy eligible car" like in Forza just to remove the ambiguity.

Latest Posts

Back