Help with Formula GT race

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tumbb1
  • 19 comments
  • 1,370 views
Messages
51
Messages
Tumbb1
Help.
I'm stuck in the Formula GT thing.

Can someone give a tune settings for the Formula GT race and helpful tips?

Thanks.
 
You should be able to win it with default settings, other than gearing for each track. Depends if you do it with SRF or not. If so you can win it by like half a lap. If you don't use SRF, you'll need to practice and get the laps right before you have a chance at winning, as the car is much more slippery. Throttle control is key.
 
Lower the car. I'm not in front of the PS3 right now so I can't tell you my exact settings. But I lowered the car for my Bobs and they won pretty bit with just a little help in the beginning.
 
Lower the car. I'm not in front of the PS3 right now so I can't tell you my exact settings. But I lowered the car for my Bobs and they won pretty bit with just a little help in the beginning.

I think he means A-spec. You can easily win B-spec with default settings.
 
I think he means A-spec. You can easily win B-spec with default settings.

I'm sure he does mean A-spec. The AI is a little better since 1.1. Still by lowering the car he's increasing his speed.
 
I think I had TC on 8, ABS on 4, SRF ON and ASM OFF. Active steering was on mild I think.
 
Get some camber on!

-2 front and maybe a little more on the rear.

I originally did the championship with the gearbox in auto, but I've been back and won a couple of the races in manual since, with a 6axis and a DFGT.
 
Thanks, I appreciate this and Yes, I meant A-spec. :sly:
 
Defo some camber
 
The key is to be consistent with ur lap times =). Don't try too hard to overtake the AI cars know where ur fast and know ur ideal overtaking spots. I decided to challenge myself in Cote D'Azur and i put my car 891hp 550kg 895pp and Racing Hard tires just like the AI cars. I used no assists except ABS 1 and i was just consistent with my lap times n i didnt try to push too hard and i eventually took the lead at about lap 16th. I'm sure u can do really good on other tracks as long as u r consistent because IMO i think Cote D'Azur is the hardest. Hope that helps good luck =)
 
I've done numerous hours in Practice and still struggle. BUT the practice has helped and that's about all I can recommend before trying the Championship.

Also I detune the FGT to around F1 levels and then slowly bring the engine back up to 100%. That way you can slowly learn the handling of the car first before going all out.
 
I think I had TC on 8, ABS on 4, SRF ON and ASM OFF. Active steering was on mild I think.

I never cared for these sorts of tips. Someone asks for help and they get "turn on Easy Mode" as a response. Dialing up a bunch of assists doesn't make the player more skilled and more capable and it doesn't improve the car, either. It just makes the game easier (Easy Mode). Of course Easy Mode would make it easier to win an event.
 
I really need help launching it off the line, getting the throttle right proves too much for me. I spin the rears up in 4th :crazy: ...sometimes 5th...I can't get a good start at all, I just lose traction and then I struggle to put power on in the corners without spinning or sliding vigorously. :yuck: ....then some swearing.

Scrap the launch bit...was on intermediates in the dry...doesn't help when you have the AI pushing you all over the shop!
 
Last edited:
Try the tuning section may be?

a) If you meant tuning shop, can't upgrade Formula GT


b) If you meant car settings, I'm asking those right now, if you didn't notice
 
Last edited:
Well I did something different.
I played a bit with the Downforce (front and rear) and now I have some sort of "thumb-rule".
Max the rear Downforce and lower the front Downforce by 25-30
=> you´ll get a bit more Understeer and almost no Oversteer

Combine that with an stiffer front and you will have a well balanced Racer.
Also do some Test Laps at the FGT-Champ-Tracks (at least 10 at one run) to get the feeling for Car and Track.
Example: Fuji 1:15.6xx as peak time but comfortable 1:16.2xx (and this is a winable time for the FGT-Champ)

The Downforce "Tip" is also good for the Ferrari F10 (not tried the F2007). 200 is the rear and the front should be around 70-80 less (120 is it for mine)
=> 1:33.488 at Nürb GP (hope this is a normal time for a DS3 user :D)
 
I just raised the top speed to about 420 oder 430. Especially on Indy you can gain much time.
 
Back