Help with Group C/LMP

  • Thread starter Thread starter FlyWire
  • 10 comments
  • 898 views
Messages
229
Messages
FlyWireLOL
I don't understand how these work, I mean, I can go corner like I always do but a single unknown factor I'm forgetting makes me go spin in most corners.

Also the races are close as hell but that is fun :P
 
What? so you spin out and you dont know why? is that what this post is about?
 
Granted you car has 800-900BHP, are you punching the gas (Or even not all the way) as you exit the corner? Even with TCS, these cars still can become a bit wild with the little bit of wheel spin the TCS allows.

*Nice useless post Bluemax*
 
Also make sure you hold the racing line, stops you from having to turn too hard.
 
what is your throttle control?
 
Well they have oversteer. Drive carefully, use racing soft tires and use traction control (1).
 
Try to carry speed through the turn so you don't have to hit the throttle too soon in the turn thus unsettling the rear end. Brake enough to get the front end in the turn and then let go of brake and allow the turn to scrub some speed of naturally and ease into the throttle on corner exit.
 
I guess I'll end up using TCS, I'm too used to Touring and smashing the gas :P
 
I don't understand how these work, I mean, I can go corner like I always do but a single unknown factor I'm forgetting makes me go spin in most corners.

Also the races are close as hell but that is fun :P

I've bolded the part which I think contains the answer in your own question, different cars require a different approach, things you learned driving a certain type of car may not translate succesfully to something completely different obviously.
You might need to learn a new driving style (or several styles in fact for all sorts of cars) in addititon to the one you're used to, or maybe you just need to find a good set-up which works for you (fettling with the LSD did wonders for me). :)
 
Granted you car has 800-900BHP, are you punching the gas (Or even not all the way) as you exit the corner? Even with TCS, these cars still can become a bit wild with the little bit of wheel spin the TCS allows.

*Nice useless post Bluemax*

I actually find the Group C cars drive a hell of alot better with TCS off, when you do get it wrong the TCS biting actually leaves you worse off when you correct the slides as it unsettles the transitional state the car is in.
 
Throttle control and stay off the curbs! 👍👍
 
Back