Help with Honda Civic Type R 97 for Drag Racing

• Thread starter Bloodz
  • 23 comments
Portugal
Leiria
Bloodz-Money
Hello everyone,
I have a Honda Civic Type R 97 that i would like to tune for Drags, i heard tunes for those cars are "very secret". Please give some NICE specs.
I would really appreciate it

Bloodz
Hello everyone,
I have a Honda Civic Type R 97 that i would like to tune for Drags, i heard tunes for those cars are "very secret". Please give some NICE specs.

I can help you... But I won't give you my best tune

I'll give you swara's best tune! :D

min/max
min/max
min/max
min/max
meh/meh

0.0/5.0
0.20/-1.00.

Gearing you're on your own for, I'm tired and lazy.

Rotary Junkie
I'll give you swara's best tune! :D

min/max
min/max
min/max
min/max
meh/meh

0.0/5.0
0.20/-1.00.

Gearing you're on your own for, I'm tired and lazy.

How did you know :lol:

Hello everyone,

I guess they are, I encounter the same and then I did my homework and now I have 2 EK's with different tunes and they both run high 11's. I'm going to give you my tranny tune only:

Set final to 3.378
top speed at the botton to the left

Enjoy, if you're car isn't broken in yet it may not run the same time as mine.

Whats the rule of thumb with downforce on the FF? Is it the opposite of the FR? Or is the game glitched so rear downforce = more front grip?

Ummm...

We've given you a suspension setup that will be as fast as it can be in effect...

And at least a decent basis for a gearbox. I don't see what's so "secret".

Hello everyone,

If you do actually want to tune the car for yourself (not just be handed a tune) and genuinely wonder why it’s all so secret then read this NICE thread:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=241597

By the way, it’s also very bad form to completely ignore the quality advice you have received in this thread :grumpy:

Whats the rule of thumb with downforce on the FF? Is it the opposite of the FR? Or is the game glitched so rear downforce = more front grip?

I added a wing to see and it actually improved my time. Doesn't make any sense to me. One would think that rear downforce would decrease traction on the front wheels, but oddly it works. I've only tested on my ek so you may want to try with some other cars to see for yourself.

I added a wing to see and it actually improved my time. Doesn't make any sense to me. One would think that rear downforce would decrease traction on the front wheels, but oddly it works. I've only tested on my ek so you may want to try with some other cars to see for yourself.

Interesting. Before The World's Fastest SRT4 blew up along with the rest of my save, the wing did nothing but hurt it, or so it seemed. Was definitely slower in the tunnel running the wing.

Bloodz
Read the second post and then you know a bit MORE what i mean...

Don't criticize thier help, your lucky people DID help. It would be better to tune the car yourself rather than ask for help then criticize it...

What do you mean with "By the way, it’s also very bad form to completely ignore the quality advice you have received in this thread"?

I gave you a suspension that will be pretty much the absolute best it can be.

Ignoring it makes you a bloody idiot.

Read the second post and then you know a bit MORE what i mean...

I still don't see your point. Nobody wants to give out their absolute best, because then everyone is the same as them. I just give out very, very close to my best.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=225296

Read the stickies. Rules for drag posting...

~ Don't ask for the best tunes, your not going to get them. Instead, you will be told to learn how to tune yourself.

Interesting. Before The World's Fastest SRT4 blew up along with the rest of my save, the wing did nothing but hurt it, or so it seemed. Was definitely slower in the tunnel running the wing.

It just may be that my tune sucks that bad:lol:
I'll have to test some more. The ek is my 1st serious attempt at tuning a ff. So it could just be a fluke. I'll try some different cars and see if it produces the same result.

PTK
Don't criticize thier help, your lucky people DID help. It would be better to tune the car yourself rather than ask for help then criticize it...

Im thankful people helped me out and i didn't criticize non of them.

I gave you a suspension that will be pretty much the absolute best it can be.

Ignoring it makes you a bloody idiot.

I still don't see your point. Nobody wants to give out their absolute best, because then everyone is the same as them. I just give out very, very close to my best.

Sorry if i was annoying, :) thanks

Back