Help with mandatory pit stop

• Thread starter EddyHawk
  • 10 comments
Mexico
Mexico
I have been playing for 3 months but I have never played a race with mandatory pit sotp. Is there a rule about how long the stop should last? Or I just enter to pits and I do a stop of 0 seconds?

I have been playing for 3 months but I have never played a race with mandatory pit sotp. Is there a rule about how long the stop should last? Or I just enter to pits and I do a stop of 0 seconds?
There's no rule how long the pitstop needed to last.

No limit/rule but you'll never have a ZERO seconds stop, unless you don't stop at all in the pits!
Fueling and changing tires is relatively fast (usually less than a minute), but in case you decide to repair the damages (defined in the pitstop strategy), it'll take a good long time depending on the damage. It can reach minutes if you have lots of damage.

No limit/rule but you'll never have a ZERO seconds stop, unless you don't stop at all in the pits!
Fueling and changing tires is relatively fast (usually less than a minute), but in case you decide to repair the damages (defined in the pitstop strategy), it'll take a good long time depending on the damage. It can reach minutes if you have lots of damage.
I think what he meant was no fuel, no tyres and no damage repair.

So you just go in and go out? I thought it would be like in real life, to need to wait for a specific time taking the opportunity to change the tires, fill the tank and small repairs, because if you do it and the others do not, you lose a lot of time.
It would be good if SMS implemented this types of rules.

Thanks for answer!

So you just go in and go out? I thought it would be like in real life, to need to wait for a specific time taking the opportunity to change the tires, fill the tank and small repairs, because if you do it and the others do not, you lose a lot of time.
It would be good if SMS implemented this types of rules.

Thanks for answer!
You just have to stop in the pit box and wait for them to let you go. I'd like to see a minimum pitstop time as well. Would definitely be interesting.

It only takes a few seconds to pit (stationary) if you have damage, tires and fuel off. I've done it myself. Unsure how long the AI pit for though under the same conditions. Hopefully it's the same length of time as the player.

It only takes a few seconds to pit (stationary) if you have damage, tires and fuel off. I've done it myself. Unsure how long the AI pit for though under the same conditions. Hopefully it's the same length of time as the player.
Setup your pit stop to add 1 liter of fuel. A do nothing pit stop = 5.x seconds, a 1 liter fuel pit stop = 2.2 - 3.6 second stop. The 1 liter stop time is a bit more random than a no action stop & the car you are driving seems be factor as well.

As for the AI, save a replay and ride with an AI through their pit stops. Use a stopwatch to catch the time (lift to drop) & compare their stops to yours. Do several to get a good spectrum.

As for the AI, save a replay and ride with an AI through their pit stops. Use a stopwatch to catch the time (lift to drop) & compare their stops to yours. Do several to get a good spectrum.

I did that yesterday and they last 5-6 seconds in pits, at least in GT3, Formula and LMP1, I don't know if for all the AI takes the same time in the pits.

Back