Help with Menu Book 42, HARD mode only

• Thread starter Vipernut
  • 12 comments
New Zealand
New Zealand
As per title, this is just for those that have done Menu Book 42 on HARD mode only.

What car did you use as I'm struggling with this one, only tried Daytona so far with X2019 and Super Formula but seems I can't get close. Haven't done any tuning as I generally suck at it.

I'm using a controller (PS4) and have golded (that a word? Lol) all license tests and some circuit experience for reference. I'm definitely not the fastest but think I'm ok. Just struggling on hard mode.

Thanks in advance 🙂

As per title, this is just for those that have done Menu Book 42 on HARD mode only.

What car did you use as I'm struggling with this one, only tried Daytona so far with X2019 and Super Formula but seems I can't get close. Haven't done any tuning as I generally suck at it.

I'm using a controller (PS4) and have golded (that a word? Lol) all license tests and some circuit experience for reference. I'm definitely not the fastest but think I'm ok. Just struggling on hard mode.

Thanks in advance 🙂
I used the Mazda LM55 GR.1 with a medium RPM turbo installed . For the Suzuka race i used the setup by Unleased Drivers on Youtube.

Thanks in advance 🙂

Ive won the first race at daytona with a detune Tomahawk and the other two were won with the Super formula car at 950 pp with hard tyres. Hard races too win tho, I had to try multiple time on each one. Nothing special setup wise, I detune the tomahawk to 950pp with hard tyres. You keep up with the pack in the road track part, then once you hit oval, overtake everyone with the sheer speed.

As for the races with the Super formula, you just have to take advantage of the grip and the boost.

Last edited:
This is not Hard mode video on suzuka. If you lap 1:44 /45 / 46 you stay behind. No win. Perhaps a 3rd place.
I can lap 1:40 / 41 with this car on Racing hard tires , only 1 stop for gas , no changing tires.
Mazda LM55 VGT (Gr1) - 950PP - Racing Hard Tires - Suzuka
Weird. I did it with this strategy. Maybe I was lucky.

Also I remember that I read that in this race rain is random and there is heavy rain and AI just fails at heavy rain. If I am correct it should start at the end of lap 6 or 7. You have to pit as soon as possible for wet tires if you will get those conditions (basically before it starts raining). You have to go to Suzuka menu (quit race) to reset race weather (it doesn't change if you just reset race while being in race).

Last edited:
Ive won the first race at daytona with a detune Tomahawk and the other two were won with the Super formula car at 950 pp with hard tyres. Hard races too win tho, I had to try multiple time on each one. Nothing special setup wise, I detune the tomahawk to 950pp with hard tyres. You keep up with the pack in the road track part, then once you hit oval, overtake everyone with the sheer speed.

As for the races with the Super formula, you just have to take advantage of the grip and the boost.
Which tomahawk?
Thanks.

Best i got was 3rd with mazda 787b, think time was 1:31.**

Edit. Managed the win with mazda LM55.

Last edited:
Ah didnt wrote the model cause I kinda forgot which one it was, I'll check now that I'm home.

It was the S VGT.
Wasn't expecting such a quick reply.. thought id give the mazda LM55 a go while i waited.. was close race 😬

Thanks for checking though.

Thanks in advance 🙂
I did it hard on ps4 controller like you. Mazda Gr1 VGT stock except for the turbo upgrade. Still needed help from the weather at Suzuka though.

Thanks for the help to everyone, I did the Daytona on my 2nd try with the Lm55. Couple odd things I'll mention below...

First try was 3rd, winning Mclaren didn't pit at all and I couldn't catch him. I tried again and got a bit more aggressive, lowered fuel map to 4, got lap times between 1:29 and 1:34 depending on "incidents". Got first place on 5th lap, the Mclaren ended up pitting (didn't first race). Also had the A1 have a couple of crashes, Audi VGT in 5th place, on softs, ran out of tyres and fuel on lap 7 and just became a hazard on the track as it didn't pit, just kept going, anyone else have this happen?

Attachments

• IMG20220617123856.jpg
    IMG20220617123856.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 26
Thanks for the help to everyone, I did the Daytona on my 2nd try with the Lm55. Couple odd things I'll mention below...

First try was 3rd, winning Mclaren didn't pit at all and I couldn't catch him. I tried again and got a bit more aggressive, lowered fuel map to 4, got lap times between 1:29 and 1:34 depending on "incidents". Got first place on 5th lap, the Mclaren ended up pitting (didn't first race). Also had the A1 have a couple of crashes, Audi VGT in 5th place, on softs, ran out of tyres and fuel on lap 7 and just became a hazard on the track as it didn't pit, just kept going, anyone else have this happen?
I had the XJR-9 not pit one time which made things pretty much impossible. The bug with them staying out seems reasonably common and shows up in a bunch of different races - I had it multiple times while testing some cars in the 800PP Dragon Trail race, made the chicane exciting.

Daytona was the hardest for me, used the LM55 Gr.1 with some setup tweaks, the other two I found a lot easier and used the TS050 for both. You may find Suzuka difficult if it stays dry, but you can just exit then re enter the race and you'll get different conditions.

Back