help with nascar

  • Thread starter Thread starter muz
  • 50 comments
  • 2,337 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well finally got some time and golded them all tonight. Thanks for the help, won on willow and hsr by some margin. However I had to resort to switching on anti spin for daytona. I was clearly faster but still kept getting bumped into a spin whenever I was leading and took 4 goes to get first. Used tactics of sitting in 3rd till 2nd last corner Still done now and wont ever do again....
 
Jeff Gordon with longer gears worked for me.
the cars are the same. only difference is the paint jobs. I prefer the #48(2013). I won Daytona on my first try mainly in knowing what to do. all you need to do is Draft and stay above the yellow line.
 
the cars are the same. only difference is the paint jobs. I prefer the #48(2013)
I don't like any of them, the Jeff Gordon was a prize car so that's what I used.
 
I don't like any of them, the Jeff Gordon was a prize car so that's what I used.
I have this unbridled hate for Gordon. so I sold that car almost as soon as I won it. lol
 
I have this unbridled hate for Gordon. so I sold that car almost as soon as I won it. lol
I have that hate for all of Nascar, IRL, not just the game.
 
I have that hate for all of Nascar, IRL, not just the game.
you shouldn't hate NASCAR. they stuck to simple formula for years. granted they could use a few more road courses but that is just me.
 
you shouldn't hate NASCAR. they stuck to simple formula for years. granted they could use a few more road courses but that is just me.
The drivers have beer guts, and are out of shape. F1 & WRC is all I need, if the only excitement in a race is when accidents happen, it's not for me, I need more than just left turns...
 
DeifieD , your kidding right? Can you please point out who the drivers with beer gut's are and who is out of shape.The only excitement is when accidents happen? Have you ever actually been to a race? I guess you have never heard of Watkins Glenn or Sonoma?To make a statement with no factual proof,proves your ignorance about Nascar.
 
DeifieD , your kidding right? Can you please point out who the drivers with beer gut's are and who is out of shape.The only excitement is when accidents happen? Have you ever actually been to a race? I guess you have never heard of Watkins Glenn or Sonoma?To make a statement with no factual proof,proves your ignorance about Nascar.
My kidding? I don't understand.

My beer gut comment came from watching a Daytona race interview, and yes, compared to a F1 driver, Nascar drivers are out of shape. I'm entitled to my opinion; oval racing isn't entertaining, for me. You can like it, all the power to you. I do not find Nascar exciting, yes it's fast, but to me it's stupid. Stock car racing; none of those cars are stock, they're not even race cars made from an actual car, it's fibre glass or carbon, with stickers to differentiate between models. You can like it, I don't have to, and never will.

Have I been to a race? No, I refuse to travel to the US. It's my opinion, whether you agree with me or not, don't call me ignorant. I have the right to my own opinion, if you enjoy watching cars going left in circles, great, I don't, not even for one race.

Enjoy Nascrap, don't try to force it on me.
 
DeifieD , your kidding right? Can you please point out who the drivers with beer gut's are and who is out of shape.The only excitement is when accidents happen? Have you ever actually been to a race? I guess you have never heard of Watkins Glenn or Sonoma?To make a statement with no factual proof,proves your ignorance about Nascar.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
 
Australian V8 Supercars, DTM, British Touring Cars, Japanese Touring Cars, and even WRC are at the limit of "stock car" racing...

By that I mean; the race cars actually look like their street versions, obviously modified, but not sticker headlights and emblems...
 
LOL figured it would be Tony.


beer guts? hell Jimmie "Six Pack" Johnson (six time champion) trains like a mfer.

Kevin Harvick has a strict training regimen

even the pit crews bust there arses.



as for stock? yeah there not that stock any more. but up until 2011 NASCAR ran carburetors. they been using the same 4 speed style transmissions. driver aids:Traction Control,power steering,abs are no where to be found. only settings the driver can change on the fly is the brake bias. (and turn on and off various cooling fans).

even Richard Hammond sees the awesomeness of NASCAR. I don't know if that clip shows former F1 driver turned NASCAR driver(and now FORMER NASCAR driver)Juan Pablo Montoya speaking on the difference of NASCAR and F1.
 
Last edited:
Nice pics from 6 Years ago.I meant your ignorance of NASCAR not yourself.There is nothing stock about a Chevy Cruze touring car.Are you saying a Chevy, Ford, or Toyota NASCAR don't resemble their street versions?. Wow? Sticker headlights? No what happens with glass on a track doing 200 MPH?
 
Nice pics from 6 Years ago.I meant your ignorance of NASCAR not yourself.There is nothing stock about a Chevy Cruze touring car.Are you saying a Chevy, Ford, or Toyota NASCAR don't resemble their street versions?. Wow? Sticker headlights? No what happens with glass on a track doing 200 MPH?
Feel free to DM me, this is diverting from the OP and topic...

I'm entitled to my opinion, you are entitled to yours. Yes I know what happens to glass on a racetrack. If you want to continue just DM me.
 
Yeah fat as hell.Thanks for the videos.
LOL

What's a DM?

I actually posted a setup link of mine.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
What's a DM?
Direct message, aka message, aka PM, aka personal message. You know, I sent you one a few weeks ago, and then you said you will contact the mods and asked me to leave you alone.
 
to be fair (this coming form a NASCAR fan and a Tony fan) tony is rather. round for a driver. LOL.
 
Oh PM. Got you. No I'm OK.I contributed a setup, you didn't. Not much more to say.
 
Oh PM. Got you. No I'm OK.I contributed a setup, you didn't. Not much more to say.
Actually I did contribute, but you missed it, as you were trying to continue an argument from a few weeks ago...

It's ok, I understand, after all, you still don't know the difference between "your" and "you're" so I can't blame you for missing my contribution. Now please leave me alone buddy.
 
to be fair (this coming form a NASCAR fan and a Tony fan) tony is rather. round for a driver. LOL.

used to be. you see him at daytona? lost quite a bit during his injury rehab.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back