help with nascar

  • Thread starter Thread starter muz
  • 50 comments
  • 2,337 views
Status
Not open for further replies.

muz

Messages
54
Messages
steve_muzzy
Really struggling with nascar. Got all other stars including the karts which I found ok but I can't do nascar. Ai keeps punting me into a spin on the ovals and the car handles like a bucket on the road courses.

Anyone help? I class myself as an ok driver and tend do do well in all the seasonals hitting top 4-5 thousand normally.

Are all the nascars the same ? I have the geff gordon but 20 mill on the bank so can buy others without worry

Cheers in advance
 
I did the NASCAR one today with the Jeff Gordon prize car and all assists at zero.

I found it frustrating at first but in the end I really enjoyed it.

I like the way the NASCAR's handle, they prove the old adage that "Slow is smooth ... Smooth is fast"

Be patient and you'll get there.

At Daytona ... Pick a draughting partner and bump draught to the last lap.

At Willow... Crank up the downforce all the way. And be smooth, ride the torque and only use 3rd & 4th gear... You'll be slow at the start and on the straights but you'll be able to massively outbrake the other cars, to the point where you're still accelerating towards turn 1 when the other cars are braking.

At Motegi leave the downforce cranked on... You get an early lead and romp home.

At High Speed Ring wind all the downforce off and be smooth ... Again only use 3rd & 4th gears & ride the torque avoid wheelspin at all costs.

At Indianapolis... Leave the downforce off... And be patient... Draught you way to the front.

Remember... If a car is in a position to spin you on the last lap... It will...That's NASCAR Bubba.

Especially Carl Edwards. So don't put yourself in that position!

And enjoy
 
Last edited:
Well, I did not find the Nascar races really difficult. Well, except the first one which required several attempts...

Daytona: First of all, absolutely avoid putting a wheel in the exterior of the track on the left-hand side, or you will spin immediately. Try to overtake on the right-hand side of the track or straight inside a group of cars.
This is the only way I found to win this race...

Willowsprings: Reduce your top speed, and above all do not forget to reset your engine power limiter to 100%, as the 70% limit is not mandatory for this race.

High Speed Ring: Set back your top speed to the initial value (high speed necessary here). And leave your engine power setting to 100%.

Motegi: Engine power to 70% (limit required). In the bends, overtake on the inside of the track (LH side). Always drive on the LH side of the track, the others will never follow you there and you'll be faster than them in the bends (they brake). Also, this will avoid you from providing them with too much drafting... I golded this race on my first attempt.

Indianapolis: Same as for Motegi.

Finally, the hardest race was the first one in Daytona...

Settings I changed:
  • Brake setting: Front 7 - Rear 5
  • Top speed (reduced for Willowsprings, default value for the other 4 races)
All other settings: default values.

Hope this helps.

Note: I'm far from being a good driver...:D
 
I did it in the Jeff Gordon, I just made the gears longer for more top speed, didn't have to worry about a drafting partner, also on straights keep on opposite side of road to avoid cars drafting you
 
Thanks for the responses. Will try a few tunes suggested and let you know how I get on.
 
Muz that tune I posted has won the NASCAR challenge with many people using it, adjust power tranny and aero for road courses. Ovals should be a cake walk.
 
  • Like
Reactions: muz
I did it in the Jeff Gordon, I just made the gears longer for more top speed, didn't have to worry about a drafting partner, also on straights keep on opposite side of road to avoid cars drafting you

Boy, for someone who is all about finding mistakes in others' posts, you sure have some work to do on your posts. I believe you mentioned something about a run on sentence, so can you tell me what this is?

Just seems petty to go and point out every little mistake.
 
Boy, for someone who is all about finding mistakes in others' posts, you sure have some work to do on your posts. I believe you mentioned something about a run on sentence, so can you tell me what this is?

Just seems petty to go and point out every little mistake.
I said I might write with run on sentences, you should re-read my post, it seems you didn't understand. Your and you're are two different words.
 
I said I might write with run on sentences, you should re-read my post, it seems you didn't understand. Your and you're are two different words.
No, thanks. I read enough.
 
No thanks. I read enough.
Guess you didn't understand what I wrote then, because I never accused anyone of posting run on sentences, I wrote that I do that. What I don't do is use incorrect words, there is a difference between your and you're.
 
Way to dig up a thread from a few days ago, do you feel better now? You added your 2 cents in, I applaud you. Last time I checked it's against forum rules to call other members names such as a-hole.
To be honest, I don't feel any better, or any worse for that matter, just from digging up an old post. I do get the satisfaction of knowing you read and responded to my post. As for forum rules, so be it; my posts have been deleted before. Report me and this post will disappear like the others but, you and I will know you're uneducated with your slightly less than pompous attitude.
 
Last edited:
To be honest, I don't feel any better, or any worse for that matter, just from digging up an old post. I do get the satisfaction of knowing you read and responded to my post. As for forum rules, so be it; my posts have been deleted before. Report me and this post will disappear like the others but, you and I will know you're an a$$h0le with your smug better than you attitude.
Ok ok, you and the rest of the Grammar / Punctuation Liberation Army can rest now, save the racing for the game and not the keyboard sweetie. As far as my attitude, it's not smug or better than you, I just have a pet peeve with people using the wrong words, your, you're, there, their, there, it's, its. I pointed it out using a well known internet meme, and a bunch of you got upset, some of you went on a rampage trying to correct me. Bravo, can you hear me clapping for you? You can sleep better tonight because I read and replied to your stupid post.
 
Daytona: This
Willowsprings: This (Just don't use Power Limiter)
High Speed Ring: This
Motegi: This
Indianapolis: This

For everything except Motegi, multiply given downforce by 10 & add 70 to given ride height
 
I personally struggled with the NASCAR races. The cars have decent power but the handling of them is so bad that they can be frustrating.
 
Daytona: This
Willowsprings: This (Just don't use Power Limiter)
High Speed Ring: This
Motegi: This
Indianapolis: This

For everything except Motegi, multiply given downforce by 10 & add 70 to given ride height


Terrible advice here, those are GT5 setups and with the camber in them will be terrible in GT6. I wonder if some people even test their own setups before posting them.
 
Terrible advice here, those are GT5 setups and with the camber in them will be terrible in GT6. I wonder if some people even test their own setups before posting them.
Got gold with them, so they worked for me
 
Ok ok, you and the rest of the Grammar / Punctuation Liberation Army can rest now, save the racing for the game and not the keyboard sweetie. As far as my attitude, it's not smug or better than you, I just have a pet peeve with people using the wrong words, your, you're, there, their, there, it's, its. I pointed it out using a well known internet meme, and a bunch of you got upset, some of you went on a rampage trying to correct me. Bravo, can you hear me clapping for you? You can sleep better tonight because I read and replied to your stupid post.
I only have a pet peeve for one person correcting another when they arguably make a mistake of the same caliber Mr. Punctuation.
 
I only have a pet peeve for one person correcting another when they arguably make a mistake of the same caliber Mr. Punctuation.
I never corrected his punctuation, I corrected his wrong choice of words. Placing a percent sign before a number isn't nearly as big an offence, and actually it isn't even a grammar mistake, nor a punctuation mistake. Thanks for coming out though, good luck in your keyboard races sweetie.
 
I never corrected his punctuation, I corrected his wrong choice of words. Placing a percent sign before a number isn't nearly as big an offence, and actually it isn't even a grammar mistake, nor a punctuation mistake. Thanks for coming out though, good luck in your keyboard races sweetie.
You missed the irony of me calling you "Mr. Punctuation" apparently. But then again you are a bit daft as it is.

As a reminder in the 'Terms of Service' bullet point number 2, it clearly states the following:

"...Decent grammar is expected at all times, including proper usage of capital letters."

If capital letters are important I would assume punctuation would be paramount.
 
Going to try the NASCAR races. Which car should I start with?
 
Going to try the NASCAR races. Which car should I start with?

You get one as a prize car for getting half the stars in the International A level, so I'd suggest that one. If you haven't, then I guess any of the 2013 ones and, as DelfieD suggested, set the max speed slightly higher for the ovals and maybe slightly lower for the others
 
Thank you.
Then I wait for the stars, before I try a NASCAR
 
I did the NASCAR one today with the Jeff Gordon prize car and all assists at zero.
I found it frustrating at first but in the end I really enjoyed it.
I like the way the NASCAR's handle, they prove the old adage that "Slow is smooth ... Smooth is fast"
Be patient and you'll get there.
At Daytona ... Pick a draughting partner and bump draught to the last lap.
And enjoy

I did it and enjoyed it ... and finally got 3 stars on Daytona ... thanks!
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back