Help with the red bull events?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dagger311
  • 37 comments
  • 2,470 views
Messages
6,658
United States
Marietta, GA
Messages
Dagger31198
Hello everyone.

I have all the events golded except the new red bull events. I can't even get past Sioverstone on the standard. The AI plays like it's destruction derby, not gran turismo, and they keep pulling ahead.

Any tips for these events?
 
Hello everyone.

I have all the events golded except the new red bull events. I can't even get past Sioverstone on the standard. The AI plays like it's destruction derby, not gran turismo, and they keep pulling ahead.

Any tips for these events?

Cut the track if you need to. There's no penalties.
 
I guess you'll just have to practice, but otherwise there's alot of shortcuts on silverstone.

-Sonny
 
Where should I cut it on all five races?

There's a good place on Silverstone near the start. If need be you can gold 4 out of the 5 and still win the Championship.

Trial Mountain and Fuji are really easy (you can get in front on the first corner at Fuji), Apricot Hill you don't need to brake in many places and you can cut the last chicane.

Other than that, try using Racing Softs and SRF if you need. And keep practicing. I suggest keeping away from the AI as much as possible as well.
 
Racing Soft , SRF OFF , TCS ZERO and a bit of practice ..are the keys .. to win easily ;)

IR
 
Brake later than the AI. They start braking early before the corners, so there's a lot of opportunities to make a pass there.
 
At Silverstone you can take a LOT of corners faster than you might think. Stay on throttle in corners and the X2014 feels like it's on rails. With the standing start you should be able to overtake most of the opponents within the first few corners by taking a weird line while the AI all bunch up on the racing line.
 
It just takes practice, you are probably not pushing the car hard enough, for example; at silverstone, turns 1 and 2 are full throttle turns, even in 7th gear, the suggested gears aren't always the best for this car. The AI cars tend to slow down on the last lap I find as well.

Apricot hill is a fun race, especially when the AI spins, or slides in turn 2 causing a traffic jam.

Key to winning is getting to the front as quick as you can, and staying on track, your best bet is to just practice.
 
Change the transmission to AT if you haven't already.
 
If you have golded everything else, you should be fine then. My mistake was thinking I had to drive the thing like a spaceship, rather than a fast car. I looked at the speedo and realised that I wasn't really going much faster than my fully blown gt-r r35 tc. Once I realised that, and started driving it accordingly, they became simple, except Apricot Hill, which I found easy to silver, but a mission to gold. Just drive it like a standard fast car, but remember just how well they handle. You can corner much quicker than most/any other car.
 
I haven't golded any, haven't even cleared the championship. Silverstone kills me.
 
I haven't golded any, haven't even cleared the championship. Silverstone kills me.
Sorry. I thought your op said you had golded everything except the redbull, my mistake.
 
Sorry. I thought your op said you had golded everything except the redbull, my mistake.
No, I meant I cleared all races novice through s.
 
Yeah, as has been said, you're probably not pushing the thing hard enough. You can take a lot of speed through the corners, and for the ones where you are braking heavily, the car is very stable. So you brake very late and trail right to the apex still carrying a fair bit of speed. The AI might lift or brake a little for corners where you can go flat out, but in big braking zones they're just plain rubbish. Start of the race you can take a car or two easily through 1 and 2, and then a whole bunch more in the braking zone for 3. Turns 4 & 5 again you can take some more places, and by the time you're headed down the straight you should be pretty close to the front of the pack. And then the next corner again they brake quite early. Maggots and Becketts, they're cautious on the entry, slow in the middle, and then bizarrely slow on exit. Stowe as well, they brake quite early, and it's a corner that in the RBs you can just plain take the piss with how late you brake and how much brake you're carrying as you're turning into the corner. The chicane right after it as well, again they're sitting ducks at the entry.
 
I'm rubbish with the RedBulls. Seriously. But I did it. Apricot Hill was an absolute MISSION but racing softs, SRF ON, automatic transmission and about two spare hours should see you nail all five. Takes quite a bit of practice but just stick at it.

I found if I was close enough to the leader on the last lap I could draft a bit and just monster past. Take no prisoners and drive the wheels of it!

You'll do it man. Stick at it.
 
Cutting corners can help, but the biggest piece of advice I would give would be to change your view. I usually use the front-bumper view, and from down there I just can't see what the idiot AI drivers are doing out front. Switch to a higher view (I used the roof view) and you'll get more warning about impending traffic trouble in the corners.

(Oh, and in that last little bit of Silverstone, right before the start/finish line, there's that little section that kind of looks like a basket at the lower left edge of the track when you look at the map... There's actually a different layout that's supposed to have cones blocking it off if you turn left early... You just minimize two corners but you can hit it at nearly full blast and it's seriously good for like 3 or 4 seconds a lap at least...)
 
Release throttle instead of breading going though beckets. This will keep the car moving. Need fast steering action.
 
Cutting corners can help, but the biggest piece of advice I would give would be to change your view. I usually use the front-bumper view, and from down there I just can't see what the idiot AI drivers are doing out front. Switch to a higher view (I used the roof view) and you'll get more warning about impending traffic trouble in the corners.

(Oh, and in that last little bit of Silverstone, right before the start/finish line, there's that little section that kind of looks like a basket at the lower left edge of the track when you look at the map... There's actually a different layout that's supposed to have cones blocking it off if you turn left early... You just minimize two corners but you can hit it at nearly full blast and it's seriously good for like 3 or 4 seconds a lap at least...)
Absolutly right. Changing to roof cam did it for me. Mostly on less known tracks in my case.
 
I can gold Silverstone consistently with track cutting, but deep forest isn't as easy.

Which is a better credit grind? Motegi nascar or Silverstone standard?

Edit: Just golded Deep forest.
 
Last edited:
I can gold Silverstone consistently with track cutting, but deep forest isn't as easy.

Which is a better credit grind? Motegi nascar or Silverstone standard?

Edit: Just golded Deep forest.

It's Trial Mountain not Deep Forest. And TM is the best to grind for credits - it's faster than Motegi.
 
It's Trial Mountain not Deep Forest. And TM is the best to grind for credits - it's faster than Motegi.
Got gold on the first two, but had to abandon because of a spinout on 4 and 5.
 
I hesitate to admit this, but another little trick for the championship is to take out the lead car in that first race... The same guy starts in the pole position every race and finishes second, too. It makes the points battle really tight... Take him out early @ Silverstone so he/she has to fight back through the pack... One 5< finish for that car and the championship gets a whole lot easier...
 
I hesitate to admit this, but another little trick for the championship is to take out the lead car in that first race... The same guy starts in the pole position every race and finishes second, too. It makes the points battle really tight... Take him out early @ Silverstone so he/she has to fight back through the pack... One 5< finish for that car and the championship gets a whole lot easier...
I'll try that. Getting it handed to me in the last three races. Anyone know how to cut those tracks?
 
Just grind the whole championship, if you place 1st you'll get a cool mil. If you also win 1st in every race you get around 2.2 mil IIRC.
 
Just grind the whole championship, if you place 1st you'll get a cool mil. If you also win 1st in every race you get around 2.2 mil IIRC.
Yeah, but I suck at formula racing. First two I can get without much trouble, the last three, I either lose time playing defensively, or crash aggresively.
 
Yeah, but I suck at formula racing. First two I can get without much trouble, the last three, I either lose time playing defensively, or crash aggresively.

I think the 5th race is Nurb GP/F no? Cut the chicane - that'll help a lot. Just drive across the grass in the general direction of the exit of the chicane and you'll be fine, just watch you don't hit one of the AI when you get back on the tarmac.
 
I think the 5th race is Nurb GP/F no? Cut the chicane - that'll help a lot. Just drive across the grass in the general direction of the exit of the chicane and you'll be fine, just watch you don't hit one of the AI when you get back on the tarmac.
On turn one? Okay. Anything for the other two?
 
On turn one? Okay. Anything for the other two?

No, last turn. On turn one at Nurb stick to the right and keep to the inside - use the AI as buffers and you should get into third at least there.

As for the other two. I mentioned them earlier:

Fuji is really easy (you can get in front on the first corner at Fuji), Apricot Hill you don't need to brake in many places and you can cut the last chicane.
 
Back