Help with the red bull events?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dagger311
  • 37 comments
  • 2,470 views
Well, all I've done today is get frustrated at it and lose time, so I'll just try some other time.
 
I was finding these very difficult until I realised you can switch to RS tyres (It puts you on RH as standard). Once you do that it becomes easy.
 
Such a poorly designed event. Only 3 laps in an exceedingly fast car requiring precise movements, starting at the back, having to overtake 11 fast moving road blocks that all hog the faster line. It could be so much better. I'm not great, but not a bad driver either (Div3 silver in WRS qualifier) and I just could not do it in stock RH tires.Had to resort to RS.

If I manage to not get spun out by the poor AI who drives as though you are invisible to them, then I can win without cutting chicanes. In contrast, I really enjoyed the RB Jr events.
 
Steering wheel and forget all you know how a car handles in gt6.
 
My only problem is going back to normal cars, especially street cars. It's like learning how to drive all over again, in slow motion, on ice.
 
I recommend pushing more in the corners. The GT AI are slow in corners . It is possible to hold about 50-75% throttle in 3rd and even 4th gear sometimes, depending on the corner/course. Which races are you having the most difficulty and what is the highest placement you've achieved?
 
I know this is a dead thread, but I have news.

I did it.

Golded all but Apricot hill. The trick is very simple: practice. There's a reason it pays 1mil for gold: you have to practice to get it. I used no aids except abs and srf, and put them all to shame except for race 3.

Thanks for the tips everyone, late breaking will get you in first every time.

EDIT: Golded Apricot hill.
 
Last edited:
Back