Help yellow disc GT1 PS1

• Thread starter lollodb
  • 14 comments
Switzerland
Switzerland
Can someone help me find out what kind of disc is this ?
Thank you a lot
Img_2023_05_26_23_18_17.jpeg
IMG-20230610-WA0034~2.jpeg
PXL_20230606_135426618.jpg

Last edited:
Have you tried playing it? And if so, did you notice anything odd or unexpected, maybe glitches? If not, this could just be a misprinted disc, and the only thing that's off about it is just the colors. You might well have a unique oddity.

I've seen misprinted PS1 discs before, in particular, a copy of Tenchu that seems to have had issues printing its black text and logos on the disc. This is just a guess, I don't know for sure, but your yellow GT1 disc reminds me of what happens when a printer is out of a particular ink color.

Last edited:
Have you tried playing it? And if so, did you notice anything odd or unexpected, maybe glitches? If not, this could just be a misprinted disc, and the only thing that's off about it is just the colors. You might well have a unique oddity.

I've seen misprinted PS1 discs before, in particular, a Tenchu disc that seems to have had issues printing its black text and logos on the disc. This is just a guess, I don't know for sure, but your yellow GT1 disc reminds me of what happens when a printer is out of a particular ink color.
I need to try it, maybe next week I can get a PS1... I noticed also "PAL" word is not printed below the PS logo.
Must be an European version

I need to try it, maybe next week I can get a PS1... I noticed also "PAL" word is not printed below the PS logo.
Must be an European version

The disc does say SCES-00984, I'm pretty confident this is GT1 PAL. But you're right, the PAL rectangle is entirely missing, which is definitely unusual.

Last edited:
The disc does say SCES-00984, I'm pretty confident this is GT1 PAL. But you're right, the PAL rectangle is entirely missing, which is definitely unusual.

Which is why the first post is hinting that it's just a weird pirate copy. No legitimate pressings would be missing mandatory things like that. The miscoloured Playstation logo is another clue, Sony only used monochrome or the standard colours. Finally, the fact that it's not on a black disc means it's a bootleg too, as even promo copies of games came on the standard black-tinted discs. The only things that didn't were debug / early review copies, which had a standard label with details filled in by hand in pen.

Which is why the first post is hinting that it's just a weird pirate copy. No legitimate pressings would be missing mandatory things like that. The miscoloured Playstation logo is another clue, Sony only used monochrome or the standard colours. Finally, the fact that it's not on a black disc means it's a bootleg too, as even promo copies of games came on the standard black-tinted discs. The only things that didn't were debug / early review copies, which had a standard label with details filled in by hand in pen.
Thank you for the infos...

I don't know why I skipped the possibility of a pirate copy last night, that makes plenty of sense too. Thanks pez2k.

Hello pez2k, I have tried the game and it works!
The disc is not black and in very bad condition, but have GT GRAN TURISMO engraved on the back. Could it be a special edition or is almost sure is a pirate copy? Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• IMG-20230610-WA0034~2.jpeg
    IMG-20230610-WA0034~2.jpeg
    201.8 KB · Views: 12
  • PXL_20230606_135426618.jpg
    PXL_20230606_135426618.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 12
GT GRANTURISMO being engraved and not PLAYSTATION or anything Sony related sounds bootleggy as heck. Combined with the wrong colors (one can't change the Playstation logo legally, it's a literal copyright thing), and the fact that it has the standard PAL disc code makes me think it's 99.9% a bootleg/non-official copy.
And of course, the disc not being black. As that was very much a Sony thing made specifically for the PS1. Doubt anything official could even come without one.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back