Hennessey Exorcist Camaro Beats Dodge Demon's Quarter Mile

Canada
Ottawa
Automotive_Buff
I am not impressed in the least.

You have 1000 crank HP, better aerodynamics, and you only managed to be 0.08 seconds and 7 mph faster than an 840 crank HP brick.

Quarter mile (Exorcist) : 9.57s @147 mph
Quarter mile (Demon) : 9.65s @ 140mph

$117,135 to modify a ZL1 Camaro - price includes donor car - and if you want the drag spec automatic transmission it's an extra $9,950.

So you're paying, essentially, $40,995 to get an extra 0.08s and 7 mph. This is assuming you purchase a Demon at MSRP $86,090 with no options and without the crate (includes gas guzzler fee).

Meanwhile the Demon has "only" 840 crank HP but retains factory warranty and costs a significant amount less.

What do you guys think of the Exorcist? I think all the hype and trash talk from the GM fanboys let this car down; it doesn't really live up to the hype.

Source:

Exorcist article
Demon specs and prices

Last edited:
I'd wager it's overpriced just based on the fact you could likely buy a new ZL1 for $64,000 and likely spend the remaining $53,000 at another shop who will actually build you something as fast as Hennessey's without the reputation woes and more for your buck.

For example, Vengeance Racing has a project ZL1 that has hit 9.58@153Mph; car produces 1,047whp/784RWTQ. This is on the factory A10 transmission and shortblock, factory wheels with Mickey Thompson rubber, & was last year, the fastest 6th Gen. Camaro ZL1. There is no pricing for the VR1100 Package on the car, but I'd wager it's probably around $50,000 as well. Same cost, but technically more performance and VR is confident it'll run 9.20 once it's dialed in.

Compared to the Demon though, I don't think anyone will be able to touch it on similar platforms unless you put the build together & run it yourself; shop packages are always going to include more than just the parts list and I'm sure Dodge took that into account when they built the Demon & threw a warranty with it. It's priced just where it needs to be.

Back