Here are All the New Gran Turismo Sport Cars from E3 2017

The Nissan GT-R rally car has got to be the most susprising car to be shown. I did not see that coming. The NSX isn't as surprising to me. (Didn't it sponsor the Pikes Peak once, and didn't Kaz drive it there? I know Pikes Peak isn't rally per say but you get the idea)

I do believe the 177 car count was the same touted for the Original Gran Turismo, if I remember correctly. It's only been 20 years. Whether or not that is significant, I have no idea

Would like to point out some corrections with the cars in the list:

- The Aston Martin Vantage Gr.4 is actually the Vantage GT4.

In-game shot:

unknown.png

Real life shot

aston-martin-v8-vantage-gt4-c605623052014151753_4.jpg

- The RCZ Gr.4 is actually the 2013 RCZ Racing Cup:

unknown.png

RCZ_RACING-CUP-0020.jpg

If I find more, I'll post them.

Mmmm....kaz said to GTplanet 177 cars.
But in his presentation he said 140 "super premium cars"

5yGlwP5.jpg

Means that there finally will be only 140 cars? Or that there will be 37 cars without the interior modeled and cockpit view just like the Peugeot VGT in the closed beta???

And really PD? An Bugatti veyron GT4??
That is nuts...:banghead::D

I'm continuing from the Car List thread:

GTS's Gr.4 is like going back to the original 2009 FIA GT4 grid.
GT4-02.jpg

The cars look pretty basic, but more upscale cars are joining in.
In real life, Audi R8 GT4(now) & AMG GT(next year) race in the GT4 category. It's not far fetched to see detuned supercars in Gr.4 because it loosely reflects real life.
A detuned Ferrari and Viper are at similar power levels to their earlier generation models. So, it works. NSX GT4 makes sense as well.

Early GT4 Audi TTs were fwd. So, a Peugeot RCZ, Scirocco, Megane fit. I'm still curious to see how many GT4 models, from the same manufacturer, PD place in each class.

So where were the Group 3 RCZ and Mazda 6 in all that? I didn't catch them in any of the pictures.

I'm continuing from the Car List thread:

GTS's Gr.4 is like going back to the original 2009 FIA GT4 grid.
GT4-02.jpg

The cars look pretty basic, but more upscale cars are joining in.
In real life, Audi R8 GT4(now) & AMG GT(next year) race in the GT4 category. It's not far fetched to see detuned supercars in Gr.4 because it loosely reflects real life.
A detuned Ferrari and Viper are at similar power levels to their earlier generation models. So, it works. NSX GT4 makes sense as well.

Early GT4 Audi TTs were fwd. So, a Peugeot RCZ, Scirocco, Megane fit. I'm still curious to see how many GT4 models, from the same manufacturer, PD place in each class.

"In real life, Audi R8 GT4(now) & AMG GT(next year) race in the GT4 category. It's not far fetched to see detuned supercars in Gr.4 because it loosely reflects real life."

Me too, but you are starting convince me that this whole motorsport thing just doesnt make any sense. Maybe it used to make sense, but no more.
It is like: "Its ok, you can homologate anything you want to, from an old Fiat 500 20 HP to a Buggatti Veyron 1500 HP, they can race togheter if you want to, in GT4 or GT3 or anything else as you wish, just take the rules, do the downgrades or switch the whole car components to 'fit' in".

I still hope for sense in GT4 anyway. TT sometimes has a FF version or AWD version, are you sure it was the FF version? Anyway, TT is still sporty, and there is still no hatch car on GT4. But, maybe in the nonsense future one will appear by the way. As I said, the logic what I talk about is dying, maybe they will finish it in a decade or two.

"In real life, Audi R8 GT4(now) & AMG GT(next year) race in the GT4 category. It's not far fetched to see detuned supercars in Gr.4 because it loosely reflects real life."

Me too, but you are starting convince me that this whole motorsport thing just doesnt make any sense. Maybe it used to make sense, but no more.
It is like: "Its ok, you can homologate anything you want to, from an old Fiat 500 20 HP to a Buggatti Veyron 1500 HP, they can race togheter if you want to, in GT4 or GT3 or anything else as you wish, just take the rules, do the downgrades or switch the whole car components to 'fit' in".

I still hope for sense in GT4 anyway. TT sometimes has a FF version or AWD version, are you sure it was the FF version? Anyway, TT is still sporty, and there is still no hatch car on GT4. But, maybe in the nonsense future one will appear by the way. As I said, the logic what I talk about is dying, maybe they will finish it in a decade or two.
The initial FIA GT4 TT is FF.
There was a newer TT GT4 that is awd, but I haven't seen it race in current European GT4 series.

A BMW Hatch might make a good GT4. May not have the stability of the M4 though.

I wonder if there is another slip of the tongue.
The CEO of VASC, mentioned (V8)Supercars are in Forza and Gran Turismo
http://www.supercars.com/news/championship/supercars-plans-virtual-racing-plunge/
While establishing a fully professional league is some way off, Warburton says Supercars is well placed to engage with the youth-dominated industry.

Supercars and the Bathurst circuit already feature in the popular Gran Turismo (Sony Playstation) and Forza Motorsport (Microsoft Xbox) games, which can be used as the basis for tournaments.

The last time was Mercedes letting it b known their cars would be in GT6. However, they wound up in Forza6.

We see the Mazda6 in Gr.3. In the Car list thread, beginning talk of POSSIBLY a Camry may have been spotted.
upload_2017-6-17_17-32-29-png.654702
If it is a Camry, there is a Camry V8 Touring Car racing in New Zealand ST series.

If there are no current V8 Supercars in Gran Turismo, will there be other fantasy touring sedans(in a addition to the Mazda6), in GTS?

Altima also feature in V8 the VASC and NZ series.

Last edited:
This is the discussion thread for a recent post on GTPlanet:
This article was published by Kyle Patrick (@SlipZtrEm) on June 16th, 2017 in the Gran Turismo Sport category.
Looking at this GTSport List, why the hell is there no Ford GT 2016 Car? Is this some kind of JOKE? If SONY is claiming to be the TOP Racing Simulator, and do NOT include the Ford GT Model that WON 1st, 2nd, & 3rd in the 2016 Le Mans, that omission is at least Incredible, if not plain RIDICULOUS.

Back