Here is the pamphlet from the TMS and a little bit of info regarding the release date

• Thread starter dayboy2k1
  • 39 comments
Taken from IGN who have taken it from Famitsu Magazine.

Gran Turismo 4 (SCE, PS2): The magazine's latest GT4 preview covers three games: GT4, GT4: Prologue and GT4: Tokyo Motor Show Version. In addition to detailing a few of the cars, including compact cars, Domestic cars, Foreign cars and Rally Cars, the magazine also features an interview with Mr. GT4 himself, Kazuniro Yamauchi. In the interview, Yamauchi discloses that the Prologue version of the game has two meanings: "First, it's a preview of GT4. It's also a means of letting beginner players grow accustomed to the game." Yamauchi believes that the final product, with its 500 cars and 50 courses will offer a play time of 3 months, and this could be overwhelming for beginners, especially with all the new modes.

Prologue will feature as its main mode of play a school mode. While cars will be unlockable, it's not the case that winning races will get you new cars this time around. Also, you'll be able to play around with car settings, but only to a certain degree. Originally, Polyphony was considering releasing everything that they'd done for GT4 thus far into Prologue, but they instead decided to give the game its own taste apart from GT4. Some cars and modes that appear in Prologue may not be in GT4.

As for the release of GT4, Yamauchi said to expect it some time after April of next year, probably when it's hot (this probably means late summer). It definitely will come before the one year mark following the release of Prologue.

Pamphlet (IN JAPANESE)
http://www.geocities.com/dayboy2k1/index.htm

A little note about my site. The site has really grown over the last few days and we have exceeded our bandwidth limit. I'm currently waiting for a reply from my host about getting more bandwidth so the site should be back up very soon.

Interesting, nothing mentioned about online play, let's hope that around April release date means a solid online mode.

Thanks for the article

CobraGt Here is the new garage section, where we will actually get to see our cars upgraded in the workshop when we buy new parts.:lol:
P.S Are those Graphics ingame?;)

Attachments

• new pit crew.jpg
    new pit crew.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 218
They really are taking the Crowd on the track thing a bit far:lol:

Attachments

• crowd scene.jpg
    crowd scene.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 213
damn, after april, they just keep pushin it back, if it was me in charge i wouldnt even say a date untill its known when its coming out

supra:

It means it will definetly come out before Dec 2004, in Japan that is.

I mean that I don't trust PD at all on their blabbering about releasedates and timeframes. It's like a bad breakup when the ho says: I wan't some time apart, a month and you know that she means something else.

GT4 has the best graphics I've seen on PS2, my PC can do better by quite a way. I don't think it looks real, it's looks very good but I don't have a problem spotting the difference between real life and a computer image.

WHOAH, you've yet to see a realistic looking PC game, your really on drugs mate, go and get help, now.

Could you point afew toward me, I mean realistic looking. Most ppl have said gt4 is the only game to throw your eyes, have I heard that about other games, nope.

Heres a pic from Far cry out end of this year/early next year.

Originally posted by cobragt
If anyone is fooled by those graphics they might need eye help. I said a pc game with photorealistic graphics.

No game anywhere looks as real as a photograph, thoes are much higher res than GT4, GT4 runs at 640 x 480, I can get Rainbow six Raven shield to run smoothley at 1280 x whatever.

Wat are you seeing cobragt?!!?!?!?!

Wat, do you believe that once uve played GT4 and seen how realistic it looks, that when ur driving down the motorway, you'll think to yourself, damn im in a game.!!!!!!

Dont you realise that a great game doenst just rely on how realistic it looks, i mean wat if it looks like real life and plays ****?!?!?! (granted GT4 wont, i hope)

You cant sacrifice great gameplay for realism, then what fun is the game?! You need to find a good balance between the two.

Back