Here's a First Look at GT Sport's New Sardegna Road Circuit

Tokyo Central is 2, and Tokyo East is 2. Nurburgring is technically 4 (Nordschleife, N24, GP and Touristfahrten). Sardegna is now technically 8, because there's the two Windmills dirt tracks, but 6 if you're not counting those.
What layout is the Touristfahren? I don't recall that.

These just feel like course creator tracks to me. Obviously hand tweaked by PD, but the general makeup is very reminiscent: a real-world terrain with several variations of track layout over the top.

Alsace, Dragon Trail and St. Croix have the same vibe. Kyoto, and Maggiore to a degree, also did before they went crazy with the interconnected layouts (fully hand authored?) et c.
Because you're probably right. Sainte-Croix and the new Sardaigne tracks share some assets like curbs, roads and grass textures and like you said the idea itself. I think the environment is too vast and the track suffers from its vastness. So there are some parts of the track simply empty with a rough grass texture. I hope they will use the extra power of next gen to polish these tracks.

The only potential criticism I have about the track is that there doesnt look like theres really any run off. This might lead to dumb penalties but we will see.
It's a "bowl"circuit, that may wear thin for many. That's why I feel it's more like a club Circuit for testing. Shame they couldn't get it close to the water.

Would've preferred they bring back old legendary fictional circuits, but this is fine too. Beats any Tilkedrome from the last 10 years for sure. I just hope it has better flow than St Croix A's first sector :ill:

Seems weird that they chose to expand Sardegna though, given the base track is dirt. Alsace would've been more appropriate. Then they can expand Sardegna with rallycross variants (mixed asphalt/dirt).
Let’s be real here, if Trial Mountain was never a thing and they introduced it as brand new in the next update some people would call it a pile too. :D

Math is hard. :sly:

I'll try again. This time I used the gran-turismo page for reference.

Original tracks - Alsace (2), Blue Moon (6), Dragon Trail (4), Kyoto (5), Maggiore (8), Tokyo South (2), Tokyo Central (4), St Croix (6), Sardegna (6) = 43

Also counted the real life layouts.

Real life tracks - Autopolis (2), Barcelona (1), Fuji (2), RedBull (2), Sarthe (2), Tsukuba (1), Monza (2), Interlagos (1), NBR (3), Willow (5), Brands (2), Panorama (1), Suzuka (2), Goodwood (1) = 27

So a quick count has me at 70 layouts on 23 locations.

Famine beat me to Sardegna dirt, but there’s also Fisherman’s Ranch and Colorado Springs that you left out (if you’re including dirt tracks for your count) and Northern Isle and Broad Bean.

I guess this means we now have two more locations that could potentially see new layouts, I figured Alsace would be the next “expanded” location.

I was fully expecting a wet NI infield course for something in the event once rain was rumored. Honestly (depending on how the layout is set up) this would sound like a really fun course for well-handling N100/200 cars or Gr. B with super short ratios, but from what I’ve seen I’m not opposed at all to these new Sardegna layouts.

It’ll be interesting to see what gets rain treatment (if it’s not everything), I’m surprised very little was said about the rain at the event. It would seem at minimum NI would get a wet variant if they already technically already have it running in the game.

Sardegna? Looks exactly like someone hopped inside St. Croix and banged some of the corners out with a hammer. Voila - a new track.

Like, goddamnit man, can we stop with this and get Trial Mountain or Deep Forest already? This is just wasted dev time in my candid opinion.

I have a feeling that if you had a free camera in GT6 and took it no-clipping past the tree walls in Trial Mountain or Deep Forest, it would look a lot like a floating pasta noodle with a skybox in the background. If you’ve noticed, every track in GT Sport uses a real world topographic location with a fictional circuit which morphs to the scenery.

No matter which way you slice it, the new breed of fictional circuit is very different, more realistic and more complex than the old way PD used to design them. These old classic are going to need a serious overhaul or complete redesign to be fully realized in the quality of GT Sport. That’s just something that takes a lot more time than dropping a couple roads on a map you already have. Redesigning these old tracks from the ground up seems like more of a thing you’d do on the road to GT7 rather than a post-launch update to a 2 year old game.

Grand Valley looks like it could be in th St Croix or Sardegna locales.
Same with Midfield. They even work with Dragon Trail locations.

Deep Forest and Trial Mountain have so many trees. Even if they are Norh American locations, placing them in Austria, Germany or UK would still do them justice.

Let’s be real here, if Trial Mountain was never a thing and they introduced it as brand new in the next update some people would call it a pile too. :D

You know that's true. I honestly could care less if any of the old original tracks ever made it into GTS. It's a new game with new features so I much prefer real life tracks making their first appearance in GTS or new original tracks over Pre Existing ones.

The only original track that I might get excited about would be the Sierra Time Rally only because it made it's first ever debut in GT6 and never really got used to it's full potential. Plus for an original track Sierra fits right in with the likes of Nürburgring & Isle of man TT for long challenging courses.
It was also very popular among those who liked playing GT6 differently and out of the norm.
With that being said I would kill to have the Isle of man TT course come to GTS over any other track.

The only original tracks that have been "updated" are Apricot Hill and Midfield Raceway. As in, they utilise the new method of track construction. I think these have a strong chance of returning as they wouldn't need a huge rejig to be put in. Also, I think High Speed Ring uses the new method as well so that could come back too.

I love original circuits the most so this is very welcome news. Real tracks are built with the constraints and input from many sources that tend not to favor motorsport. With original tracks PD who are experts in racing design them around the challenge and pleasure of driving.

Back