Here's How Many Hours the Top GT Sport FIA Competitors Play the Game

If you only play when there’s an open wheel event then who’s really the one that doesn’t like variety. ;) :cheers:

I just said I play MORE when there's open wheel events. Never said I only play when they're on. Learn how to read. I have done 400 plus races. You think none of those are Gr. 3, Gr 4. or N class? :lol:

I’ve got roughly 28 days driven since getting the game last October for an average of 2.4 hours per sitting, but there have definitely been some epic 10/12 hour Saturdays and Sundays mixed it there. :)

I just said I play MORE when there's open wheel events. Never said I only play when they're on. Learn how to read. I have done 400 plus races. You think none of those are Gr. 3, Gr 4. or N class? :lol:

No need to go getting your panties all in a bunch now, I was just joking with ya man, Geez.

People seem to be on an absolute mission to beat that cookie joke to death
cryingwhilelaughing_anim.gif

After upgrading my solar,Now during summer the Ps4,Samsung K6000 40" and soundbar can be run for about 5 hours off incoming amps via a 600w inverter connected to my house bank.Also on board is a Yamaha 2400 genset which runs for about 7 hours.Play about 4/5 days per week.
4.5 x 6 = 26 hpw.

I'm at 3.5 hours a day on average according to my stats. I don't have any alt accounts, it's all on the same account. Currently at 7698 sport mode races finished and only 25 FIA races. (FIA stuff costs too much time for too little racing)

Interesting stats. I worked out mine to about 1.4 hours per day. However, until mid March this year my GT Sport driving was mostly grinding credits and mileage, and I barely ran any FIA races until then. So the actual number is a lot lower. On average since March I estimate I probably ran about 1 hour of practice time a day for the FIA and dailies.

I think I'm weird in that I reach my peak laptime very quickly and practicing too much is actually making me slower. Even in daily races I usually set my fastest time on Monday or Tuesday within 5 laps or so, and then just plateau for the whole week. Unless it's a new car/track combo, my mind just gets bored too quickly to maintain enough motivation to push for that last few tenths. I guess that's why I can't be an alien :P I find that the more laps you spend unable to beat your previous best, the more and more nervous you become and you start missing braking points, apexes, etc. In fact from previous GT Academy where you can have up to a month to set a time, I find overpracticing can lead to burnout very quickly and your performance just spirals down from there.

For the FIA races because of fuel & tyre wear I stopped practicing in time trials altogether and just run race simulations in lobby now. Previously with extreme tyre wear I do 2-3 race simulations with different tyre combos, but now with much lower multipliers I just do 1 run and be done in 20 minutes. In real life you don't have unlimited practice time, so that's how I approach these races. I wonder how aliens spend their practice time. Do you guys just run hotlaps in time trial, practice alone in lobby or do races with other aliens?

Amazingly, from Jason Guernsey's site there's someone who's done over 10,000 Sport mode races :crazy: I wonder how many hours he/she plays a day :lol:

https://www.jasonguernsey.net/gts/drivers-by/race-count

663hrs driven so that’s a little over 1hr per day I think 1.08

Surprised it’s that high, feels like I haven’t brought the wheel out in months, guess I used to play much more

It is basically wrong that a player ideally needs to compete twice a week to get points in order to be competitive in a championship. Did PD not realise that there is more to life than just playing racing sims? Pre-GTS, club championships usually hosted one race per week, with other championships to choose from hosted on different days....

Since I've been saying forever, so many problems would be resolved if they chose to categorise several championships with a different category 'big' race each day that would suit those with limited time and want to be competitive and for those that play for 10+ hours a week.

22minutes a day... though that number would be much smaller given I've rarely touched the game in nearly a year...
Guess I hit it hard that first year.
It is basically wrong that a player ideally needs to compete twice a week to get points in order to be competitive in a championship.
I played relatively high level hockey and lacrosse all my youth, and, typically you would have 1 game a week (during the season, more in tournaments of course)... then again, you'd have at least 2 practices, some dry-land, and you'd workout/hone-skills on your own time as well...
Guessing PD realizes no one would be excited about mandatory practices, or sessioning a corner/complex... so, more races.

Mine worked out to be about 45 minutes a day. However since November last year I've barely even touched the game. I suppose that has skewed my results by a bit.

KudosPrime has a Distinct Days Game Access stat. Shouldn't that number be used? (Unless you've played the game every day since launch lol!)

KudosPrime has a Distinct Days Game Access stat. Shouldn't that number be used? (Unless you've played the game every day since launch lol!)
Time driven / distinct days game access is 17.7 hours for one of my accounts! I guess the reason they didn't use that is they wanted days of no driving at all to reduce the average, so if someone drives for 7 hours one day a week, they wanted to record that as 1 hour per day not 7 hours per day, as if you recorded it as 7 hours per day, you'd get the same figure for someone driving 7 hours every day as someone driving 7 hours one day a week.

Time played does not equal time driven. Time driven is a better stat to go off of.

Time driven / distinct days game access is 17.7 hours for one of my accounts! I guess the reason they didn't use that is they wanted days of no driving at all to reduce the average, so if someone drives for 7 hours one day a week, they wanted to record that as 1 hour per day not 7 hours per day, as if you recorded it as 7 hours per day, you'd get the same figure for someone driving 7 hours every day as someone driving 7 hours one day a week.

Ah OK, thanks. I was just wondering why the 610 number was used, when I know in my case I've never driven every day! If I use 610, I'm 0.77hr per day (vs 1.15 with the other number). Looks like I need to bust out the wheel this weekend!

22minutes a day... though that number would be much smaller given I've rarely touched the game in nearly a year...
Guess I hit it hard that first year.

I played relatively high level hockey and lacrosse all my youth, and, typically you would have 1 game a week (during the season, more in tournaments of course)... then again, you'd have at least 2 practices, some dry-land, and you'd workout/hone-skills on your own time as well...
Guessing PD realizes no one would be excited about mandatory practices, or sessioning a corner/complex... so, more races.

One event per week used to dictate about two to three hours preparation time; getting TT laps refined, plus one or two short dummy race-runs. Also, set-up time would have been part of the TT refining as well.

My guess is that most good drivers at the very least put in an hour of preparation for each nations/manufacturer race, so multiply that by four. Plus the chopping and changing between car types and having to get used to each of them again....motorcycle-like steering input required one moment, tractor-unit like steering input the next.

Last edited:
8 minutes 48 seconds/day for GT Sport due to 7 hours 45 minutes/day for work, 16 hours 15 minutes/day husband, 24 hours/day Daddy.

Last edited:
Mine worked out to be about 45 minutes a day. However since November last year I've barely even touched the game. I suppose that has skewed my results by a bit.

You’re one of the fastest guys in the game, why did you cut down your race time so much? Getting bored of it?

Its worth mentioning these stats can be extremely buggy in my experience, I have significantly more hours driven than hours played, which makes absolutely zero sense :lol:

The game records two different times.

Hours played = Everything but driving
Hours driven = Only driving

Thats why you can have higher hours driven than hours played.

Talent only accounts for a fraction; rest is hard work with trial and error and a lot of banging your head against the wall. Hence it's ridiculous when people point out that they have "plateaued" (often at a rather mediocre level as well) as an excuse for their average results. It's like claiming that you've reached your maximum muscle mass after a few weeks of lifting.

Back