Hey SNAIL, what are you drinking?

• Thread starter JLBowler
  • 53 comments
What little Irish whisky I've tried I found to be "lighter" than scotch or bourbon. Since you live there (lucky dog you) I reckon I'll defer to your expertise and experience. I just wikied the difference and that was what I came up with.

Light beers have a place in my rotation. That place is either on the golf course or during a softball tournament. You know, those times when you want to have a beer but don't want to get to weighed down or you just want to maintain a light comfortable buzz. It needs to be pretty warm outside to get to light beer. This time of year, I'll usually take a flask to the golf course and there are no softball tournaments that I'm going to play in this weather.

My main issue is the taste is just not interesting. On top of that they give headaches, and not the next day either, almost immediately. Weird. Plus, I'm a light fella so no matter how "heavy" or "light" the beer, it doesn't take many to put me past my comfort zone so there's basically no advantage at all on any situation.

Oh, And did I mention the taste! Haha!

What little Irish whisky I've tried I found to be "lighter" than scotch or bourbon. Since you live there (lucky dog you) I reckon I'll defer to your expertise and experience. I just wikied the difference and that was what I came up with.

Ah I can't claim to be an expert by any means but I enjoy the odd tipple and sometimes a bit more than that! A litre bottle of Powers Gold Label and a pack of Montecristos shared with friends didn't last too long at a party we had over Christmas. :lol:

It is an exciting time for Irish whiskey production and there are new distilleries popping up all over the country and one has opened only about 10 minutes drive away from my house so I must pop over for a tour. It looks interesting and they distill all 3 types of whiskey produced in Ireland.

Since racing didn't pan out tonight, I have poured myself a nice glass of The Monarch from Dewars. 15 YO blended scotch. Not the best I've ever had but not the worst, especially at it's price point.

Cheers and bottoms up.

Cheers. I gave up when people still could see each other at 10:10 EST. I have work early tomorrow and want to be in bed by 12:30 the latest. Just couldn't deal with it tonight.

Enjoying the Superbowl with my friend.....

upload_2017-2-5_18-58-11.png

Enjoying 'Omission' lager tonight. It has no gluten. I don't really care, I'm still
not sure what gluten is or why I should care, but it's a tasty brew on a spring evening.
IMG_20170217_210209325.jpg

Gluten [gloot-n] noun.

The remnants of a food process by which modern major food companies promote the removal of in order to market overpriced product lines to a vast majority of consumers that more likely do not need to be concerned about it.

Gluten [gloot-n] noun.

The remnants of a food process by which modern major food companies promote the removal of in order to market overpriced product lines to a vast majority of consumers that more likely do not need to be concerned about it.
:lol:. I figured as much. See also 'organic'. Fortunately this brew isn't any more expensive than the rest at the grocery.

Usually gluten free beer tastes like ass. I just got a quick six-pack of this stuff for when I want a little buzz:

AR-151209771.jpg&updated=201512021653&MaxW=800&maxH=800&noborder

Yea and I take my time, but combined with some herbs it's a good combo. Like an MX-5 at Laguna Seca ;)

I am an amateur Wine and Mead maker.So I drink my own mostly,and occasionally a craft beer of my Friends making.I have made;Strawberry/Rhubarb,Seyval Blanc (picked the grapes myself), and Blackberry.As for the mead,I have made Mead from honey that the Bee's sourced from Smart Weed in Michigan,Clover Honey(Local),and late fall honey they sourced from the Trees.I created a Blackberry Melomel(added Blackberry wine to my late fall Mead,called it "Black-Mel").My friend is going to start up his beer soon,can't wait to do some bartering!

Last edited:
It's been pouring rain all day, but tonight is my 'Friday' - enjoying the local brewpub's Black Limousine black lager. Soon wifey will go to bed, and I'll fire up PCars and take the Lotus 72 out...
IMG_20170228_220314502_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
On the menu for tonight will be Guiness' Nitro IPA (it's an IPA in a can that uses nitrogen as opposed to CO2, very smooth) and a Carlo Torano Dominaco. Later will bring other samplings.

On the menu for tonight will be Guiness' Nitro IPA (it's an IPA in a can that uses nitrogen as opposed to CO2, very smooth) and a Carlo Torano Dominaco. Later will bring other samplings.
That Guinness Nitro is delicious. The local brewery here always has one of their brews on Nitro, great stuff.

...on the menu were quite a few Shocktop.... Happy St Paddy's!!
I always love a Shock Top - with orange of course.

We grabbed steak fajitas tonight, Janice had a Mai Tai and I had a Rogue 'Dead Guy' ale which I always love. Nothing was green...

Happy St. Patrick's Day SNAILs...

I just discovered this thread a few days ago. I must say that I gave up alcohol since Navy boot camp. So, my serious drink is Coffee.

A few years ago I was hooked with the Tassimo system and Starbucks Kitamu and Verona coffees. Since starbucks and Kraft divorced; I looked for alternatives and I found a coffee forum in G+. So I started experimenting with other means of brewing coffee. For about a year I brew via the 'Aeropress' system. Then I switched to the pour over and have not looked back. Fresh beans, your own grinding and a pour over is just amazing.

This is 100% Colombian, pour over with the Hario. I am in heaven!

20170408_181507 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

20170408_181424 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

Mid-grade Whiskey/Bourbon and the lower-tier of Scotch for me usually.

Currently sippin on some Dewars White Label.

Back