Hidden assistant with ABS OFF when you move the brake balance from 0 position

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 3 comments
Bulgaria
Bulgaria
As you can see in the video the ABS is set to off but if I move the brake balance from 0 position a hidden assistant(ABS) appears that prevents the tires from locking.
This makes adjusting the brake balance completely undesirable/pointless for people like me who like to drive with ABS Off.

I would like to ask PD to remove this hidden assistant.

As you can see in the video the ABS is set to off but if I move the brake balance from 0 position a hidden assistant(ABS) appears that prevents the tires from locking.
This makes adjusting the brake balance completely undesirable/pointless for people like me who like to drive with ABS Off.

I would like to ask PD to remove this hidden assistant.

This exact scenario happens in GTS, and I made a thread about it. Here.

Long story short, the brake bar seems to represent brake pressure use. If you skew brake balance either to the front or rear, some pressure gets bled off. If you hold the brake pedal at a standstill and adjust the brake bias, you can see the same thing happen.

Also, judging by the sudden drop of revs to idle when you braked in your video, I'd say that your driven wheels have definitely locked. The little red bar at the top of your brake gauge definitely doesn't prevent locking.

@XSquareStickIt Nice GTS thread, I think I somehow missed reading it at the time, but you're right on the money👍

What I do in GT7 when adjusting brake balance is to stick it quite far rearwards, unless it adversely affects the corner entry handling. Like everyone says, this can mean the front brake is weakened until it won't lock (or only locks at really slow speeds).

Then I just go up a pad grade or two to get more braking force overall, until the fronts can lock again. That way I've got better brakes all around.

It seems like the bias isn't as extreme in GT7 as it was in GTSport; I recall locking rears only, quite often in GTS. In GT7 it feels like even full rear bias won't lock just the rears, like PD toned down the percentage range. Maybe I need to try more cars before I find a tail happy one.

There were some conspiracy theories in GTS that brake balance affected handling even when not on the brakes. That would definitely be a bug. I think there were a couple of youtube vids on it. Can't say I ever noticed anything, other than if your corner entry is loose or tight from brake balance, it might set you up differently for mid-corner which then makes the whole corner "feel" different.

Back