Hidden Files (circuits,cars) into GT HD: help to extract vol file ??

• Thread starter j0nny0093
  • 18 comments
Giovanni_0093
Apologies if this topic is over the rules. It's just an information topic about hidden contents.

I have GT HD installed on my original ps3 (downloaded years ago with a friend account), and yesterday I thought if this game contains hidden things. So I downloaded only for this reason (as I said, I have the original game on my console) the pkg file and then extracted without problems.
One thing that surprise me is that the VOL file of the game is called "GT4.VOL" , but I cannot find any program which work properly , even if I rename the file into "gt3.vol" and try some programs like gtfsextract they just crash.

Do you have any ideas how to extract this file??

Apologies if this topic is over the rules. It's just an information topic about hidden contents.

I have GT HD installed on my original ps3 (downloaded years ago with a friend account), and yesterday I thought if this game contains hidden things. So I downloaded only for this reason (as I said, I have the original game on my console) the pkg file and then extracted without problems.
One thing that surprise me is that the VOL file of the game is called "GT4.VOL" , but I cannot find any program which work properly , even if I rename the file into "gt3.vol" and try some programs like gtfsextract they just crash.

I do not know, it is basically a GT4 engine game. I need to modify my PS3 to do so.

I was planning on researching it a bit more all I got were screenshots of the GT: HD E3 Demo.

I do not know, it is basically a GT4 engine game. I need to modify my PS3 to do so.

I was planning on researching it a bit more all I got were screenshots of the GT: HD E3 Demo.

Maybe the game has the unseen Subaru Impreza Rally car, or other secret things. Hope we can open this file soon.

Maybe the game has the unseen Subaru Impreza Rally car, or other secret things. Hope we can open this file soon.

Sorry for a bump, I plan on researching this game with a CFW PS3, which could lead us to some clues. Maybe it'll be successful, and we could see everything about this game like the other GTs have to offer, but it's only 652MB's of data. Could be nothing.

Sorry for a bump, I plan on researching this game with a CFW PS3, which could lead us to some clues. Maybe it'll be successful, and we could see everything about this game like the other GTs have to offer, but it's only 652MB's of data. Could be nothing.

Well, Gt2 demos are less than the original game, but have like almost all the tracks, even cutte ones. I think (or better, I hope) this 652MB's contains something, maybe cutted cars like the Premium Impreza or even an earlier version of Eiger, showed from the first demos of the game.

Apologies if this topic is over the rules.
[...left out a lot here...]

I don't know if the topic is "over the rules", but I see where you'd like to go.
Please, read what I wrote in the GT4 forum about it (there are some clues about where you'd like to go): https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/xenns-gt4-research-topic.251394/page-7#post-11261922

Welcome fellow CFW researcher :) Do not ever care about the amount of data, it's more like - what can this "little" amount of ones and zeroes tell you about other GT titles? Well, it would tell you a lot (if you'd knew that PD like to reuse code), if you'd figured out some stuff..
Please, also have a look into the link I've wrote above.

To both of you, I'm still aware about a big difference on the .VOL files and why they won't extract with "common" tools. I tried to ask @Carl the Sloth about if what I was seeing in the data is legit, but he never replied to me. At least he didn't make it up as his own discovery :)

I'm bumping this thread but with this new PS3 e......., but I'm curious if any of you could use the cheat engine together and discover something?

I sure you could find some text strings of hidden cars / tracks, might be worth a try.

I would do this but I do not own GT HD...had the demo 10 years ago.

I have the demo, but..... I have it as a PSN demo.

I have the GTHD disc but no Blue ray drive or modded Ps3, my ps3 broke and on in london UK thats local PM me

Alot any one know of any codes like in GT Prolouge to get hidden menu or extra items?

thanks

I have the GTHD disc but no Blue ray drive or modded Ps3, my ps3 broke and on in london UK thats local PM me

Alot any one know of any codes like in GT Prolouge to get hidden menu or extra items?

thanks
Yes the secret menu works. The only difference is holding L2. R2, L1, and R1 until you press start. There isn’t much to do in the menu though.

Anyone knows a program to extract the Gt.vol file from the Gran Turismo psp and somehow add clues to the game. of gt4?
GT PSP has a lot of unknowns, GT4 is the exact same thing. At least you can kinda do texture mods via emulation but that's about it modding wise.

Latest Posts

Back