Xenn's GT4 Research Topic

• Thread starter Xenn
  • 505 comments
I know there has been talk about the Bugatti EB110 that never made it into any GT games so far, but I think I've found one thing left over from it in the final PAL version of GT4: it's wheels.

Sometimes in the used wheels section, there's these BU0205 wheels that appear. All the used wheels use brand codes such as FOxxxx for Ford, NIxxxx for Nissan, MIxxxx for Mitsubishi etc., but except from Bentley, there is no other B brand, much less a "BUxxx" brand available in GT4, so I'm thinking theyre are the EB110 wheels (correct me if i'm wrong).

Hmmm... I remember seeing a picture of an EB110 with similar wheels, but i may be wrong. This makes me unsure of what i'm saying, but still.

gt4_bugatti_leftover_by_submaniac93-d9olyv5.png

Also, some used wheels are "unique" as they are called "PDxxx" for Polyphony Digital.

Hello,everyone! :D
I'm sure,some of you may thought i'm dead,or just lost,but no,i'm here!:sly:
I'm sorry,i wasn't here for a veeeery long time,because i'm working hard this mounth...
As you may know,i'm Russian 16 yo guy,and i really need some money.:rolleyes:
And my little dream is to spend my first money and buy PlayStation 1 from ebay with original copies of GT and GT2.

But problem is-I have no job(and i probably can't have a job)
I've got just greeeat ideas about the best racing game,and how to realise it,but i can only make my own 3D models,or rip others from the other games.
I was trying to find a developer for me,but i had no result for a time...at the end i found one american developer on UNITY 3D,i'm still working with him,but he looks very strange and don't pays to me...:(
*i will show you some progress*

Mabye it's some sort of off-topic,but i want to find Castrol96 back,i remember,he wanted to make a game to...
I need any help with my project,first money we will receive will go straight to game and licences.
Oh,and the mechanics of the game will bring back our lovely REAL-TUNING,GT experience,amazing graphics and tons of fun and amusement to mobile platforms (IOS and Android)

the list of planned cars is soooo huge,so if i'll post it here,it will make a new page.
the list of cars includes about 900 high-end(for a mobile platform) amazing and detailed old and new,famous cars and racing vehicles.

i will insert ALL images to the next post.

everyone call me a magician,when he realises,how fast i'm making new cars,but it's so hard,so i don't sleep for weeks(hey,just like PD:))

what about tracks from the GT4?
I just captured them,but i spend 2 mounths before i could do it.
and for example,authumn ring has 250,000 trangles and about 200 textures:drool:

i will re-upload images now:sly:

I'm BAAAAACK,YEEEAH!!!
:gtpflag:
We need that... I shall pray... :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Evening.

I'm currently investigating the Gran Turismo 4 Prius Trial Version.

Distributed at select Toyota dealerships, this game was released several months before the full version of Gran Turismo 4.

Unfortunately due to vision obscuring graphical glitches when trying to access the circuits, I had to downgrade my graphical settings rather substantially to the point where my processor is hardly, if at all used. So please excuse the rather low quality images. Present is also a rather immense slowdown in gameplay. As such, I didn't drive very far, but I did manage to take some screenshots of what I've found thus far.

The only accessible track on the disc as standard is Tsukuba Circuit.

Also, hidden away...

"test" - A non-existing circuit, present is simply just a skybox and some lone cones.

42b8a1ad1d.jpg

"test2" - A night version of the Super Speedway circuit from Gran Turismo 3.

c569dda852.jpg

96fa60088c.jpg

"laguna"
- An early build of Laguna Seca.

873fa4b908.jpg

263ef90ff5.jpg

"nurburgring" - A very early build of the Nurburgring.

8e78f36b3f.jpg

e765e8a886.jpg

"yosemite" - An early build of the Yosemite Rally Circuit.

49e0b3537b.jpg

f5b3c4d606.jpg

"route5r" - An early, rainy build of the Special Stage Route 5 circuit.

5f30be6f24.jpg

There are several more circuits that I'll look into shortly.

Evening.

I'm currently investigating the Gran Turismo 4 Prius Trial Version.

Distributed at select Toyota dealerships, this game was released several months before the full version of Gran Turismo 4.

Unfortunately due to vision obscuring graphical glitches when trying to access the circuits, I had to downgrade my graphical settings rather substantially to the point where my processor is hardly, if at all used. So please excuse the rather low quality images. Present is also a rather immense slowdown in gameplay. As such, I didn't drive very far, but I did manage to take some screenshots of what I've found thus far.

The only accessible track on the disc as standard is Tsukuba Circuit.

Also, hidden away...

"test" - A non-existing circuit, present is simply just a skybox and some lone cones.

42b8a1ad1d.jpg

"test2" - A night version of the Super Speedway circuit from Gran Turismo 3.

c569dda852.jpg

96fa60088c.jpg

"laguna"
- An early build of Laguna Seca.

873fa4b908.jpg

263ef90ff5.jpg

"nurburgring" - A very early build of the Nurburgring.

8e78f36b3f.jpg

e765e8a886.jpg

"yosemite" - An early build of the Yosemite Rally Circuit.

49e0b3537b.jpg

f5b3c4d606.jpg

"route5r" - An early, rainy build of the Special Stage Route 5 circuit.

5f30be6f24.jpg

There are several more circuits that I'll look into shortly.

Impressive.

From researching the GT4 Prologue disc, I discovered these tracks but some the files were missing in the game leaving a black room with colliders. The disc had a car called PDI, which seems like the Polyphony GT from GT4 but was missing.

PRIUS EDITION "route5r"

5f30be6f24.jpg

GT4P '"route5"

35i4o50.jpg

The SSR5 seems to have a slight different skybox, lit up lights, some removed building and additional parts. Maybe the reverse version was made before the normal?

Whilst browsing through the files of the Prius Trial Version, I made an interesting discovery...

A Mitsubishi Lancer WRC2 Rally Car! This car was completely removed from the retail version of the game. I'm not sure why it was removed, but it appears to be an updated version of the Lancer Evolution VII Rally Car Prototype that featured in Gran Turismo 3, albeit with several differences...

52ceac0c47.jpg

There are several livery adjustments made from its last appearance in Gran Turismo 3, most notably a reduction in white paint on the bumper and the presence of a number 7 on the door, rather than a blank tile.

13752b2e7b.jpg

Note the "Y2 MMR" license sticker on the front of the car. In Gran Turismo 3, the car featured default manufacturer plates. These were updated to say "Y2 MMR" and "E7 MMR" in Gran Turismo 4. The model itself has also been updated to better accommodate Gran Turismo 4's visuals.

5f5f1d2ce6.jpg

Given the changes I'm inclined to believe Polyphony wanted the car to feature in Gran Turismo 4 at one point during development.

Last edited:
There is a "BMW Concept M5" hidden in the Gran Turismo 4 BMW 1-Series Virtual Drive Demo.

2e39e99110.jpg

It was later changed to just "BMW M5".

It was also regarded as a concept in Gran Turismo 4 Prologue. Presumably it was changed during the development of Gran Turismo 4 due to the final version of the car being finalised by BMW.

Just noticed at the BMW dealership menu, the BMW M5 wallpaper transitions from a color version to a black and white version.

Correct me if wrong, but weren't both the M5 Concept and the Final M5 available to drive on GTPSP? I remember a GT game where there were 2 M5s...

Whilst conducting some further research into the hidden circuits of the Prius Trial Version, I bumped into this chap.

Strangely, upon selecting Costa di Amalfi I spawned in the ocean outside of the circuit. If that wasn't weird enough, it also happened to be directly in-front of a mysterious floating man. Wielding a measuring stick, he glanced at me as I sat in my Prius, rather bemused might I add. The exact purpose of this man is unknown. Legend has it that he still haunts the Amalfi Coast to this very day. :lol:

89932a3b28.jpg

According to the files, this particular demo is running a build of the game from the 24th September 2003. Naturally, a large selection of the tracks, some of which I've yet to show you, are in a rather early alpha format.

21994a8fc0.jpg

Untextured white objects are commonplace. The following image is of a very early version of Twin Ring Motegi.
0b56d13bb2.png
d531aa0cee.jpg

Speaking of rare Gran Turismo demo's. I recently acquired a copy of Gran Turismo 4 First Preview.

144005679.jpg

I'm interested in researching this demo. However, there's a problem.

Strangely, I cannot seem to obtain the files from the game. None of the Gran Turismo 3 or Gran Turismo 4 extractors that I would normally use seem to be working. Its almost as if the file system in this particular demo is completely different to that of other Gran Turismo demo and retail releases.

Alternatively, its possible that a method of blocking access to the files was integrated into this demo. With it being an early public preview and extractors being just as available back then, perhaps they didn't necessarily want people accessing hidden content on the disc before the final retail version of the game was released. Gran Turismo 4 was largely encrypted after all, perhaps they caught onto it.

Last edited:
Whilst conducting some further research into the hidden circuits of the Prius Trial Version, I bumped into this chap.

Strangely, upon selecting Costa di Amalfi I spawned in the ocean outside of the circuit. If that wasn't weird enough, it also happened to be directly in-front of a mysterious floating man. Wielding a measuring stick, he glanced at me as I sat in my Prius, rather bemused might I add. The exact purpose of this man is unknown. Legend has it that he still haunts the Amalfi Coast to this very day. :lol:

89932a3b28.jpg

According to the files, this particular demo is running a build of the game from the 24th September 2003. Naturally, a large selection of the tracks, some of which I've yet to show you, are in a rather early alpha format.

21994a8fc0.jpg

Untextured white objects are commonplace. The following image is of a very early version of Twin Ring Motegi.
0b56d13bb2.png
d531aa0cee.jpg

If any of you are interested in acquiring a copy of this demo, there is one for sale on the Suruga-ya.jp website for around 13 dollars. A third party buying service would be required to have the item purchased and shipped to your country. I recommend White Rabbit Express.

Speaking of rare Gran Turismo demo's. I recently acquired a copy of Gran Turismo 4 First Preview.

144005679.jpg

Strangely, I cannot seem to obtain the files from the game. None of the Gran Turismo 3 or Gran Turismo 4 extractors that I would normally use seem to be working. Its almost as if the file system in this particular demo is completely different to that of other Gran Turismo demo and retail releases.

Alternatively, its possible that a method of blocking access to the files was integrated into this demo. With it being an early public preview and extractors being just as available back then, perhaps they didn't necessarily want people accessing hidden content on the disc before the final retail version of the game was released. Gran Turismo 4 was largely encrypted after all, perhaps they caught onto it.

Really interesting things.. I would love to explore my GT3/GT4/GT4 Prologue and GT Concept discs especially to check all of the cars differences, new cars and to see the courses aswell.. One day I'm gonna do that! For now I'm just exploring the GT2 Test Drive disc

image.jpg
Post-tenth corner of Infineon, . You know that big billboard that runs along the side of the last straight before the events corner says something like "See Your Local Southern California Dodge Dealers"? I think the two NASCARS they used are actually images of the prototype Dodge Intrepid NASCARS. They modified one to look like the #9 car driven by Bill Elliott for the 2001-2003 season.

I know two different versions of VOL files from the PS2 generation of GT Games:

Version 1:
- GT3
- GTC 2002 Tokyo-Geneva (I don't have the other two GTC Versions and couldn't check them)
- GT4 Prologue (if I recall correctly, this version was still being used in Prologue)

Version 2:
- GT4
- Tourist Trophy (again, from my memory)
- GTHD

I've seen some hints about renaming GT4.VOL and extract it with the tool for GT3. Doesn't work out for the SCES-51579/P PLatinum release of GT4 for me.
Then I went some deeper into things and found the reason for the extraction failure in the other version.

From my trusty SCES-51579/P Platinum disc, I wouldn't say it is largely encrypted. The GT3 extractor however will fail to properly extract it.
I'll send you a PM, you can then check if the Prius Trial Version is based on Version 2.

I'm not aware of a working extractor for Version 2 VOL files.. All I found on the internet were hints about renaming the volume to GT3.VOL..

That Yosemite track is the Cathedral Trail Rocks circuit?
Yes, El Capitan wasn't made before GT4P, but i think there's also Yosemite Rally just like in Prius Trial Version...

I'm waiting for "race preview" of all these tracks...

Also Yosemite Rally from Trial Version looks much better than Cathedral Rocks Trail... Sad that most of these tracks need to be changed before releasing full version...

If any of you are interested in acquiring a copy of this demo, there is one for sale on the Suruga-ya.jp website for around 13 dollars. A third party buying service would be required to have the item purchased and shipped to your country. I recommend White Rabbit Express.
Does "White Rabbit Express" deliver internationally? I'm thinking about buying that Prius Demo if it's still available.
------------------
Great finding so far!

Back