Resource icon

High End Performance G37

• Thread starter Jeje6410
  • 12 comments
Salut Jérôme,

I gave this tune a try at Tokyo R246 since there wasn't a 550 PP seasonal. After driving the race, this is my input. I know your tune says for SH or SS tyres, but I used RH and this car was all over the place. I could not get it to turn, both front tyres go orange depending upon the turn. The LSD also needs adjustment because under hard acceleration in a corner the rear tyres are also going orange. What surprises me is that it feels stable going into a turn but then goes away. I ran the Toyko race in the IA 550 PP World Touring Car Championship. Please run this race with this car and let me know what you find. The G37 is one of my most favorite cars. Merci beaucoup, Barnabas

Salut Jérôme,

I gave this tune a try at Tokyo R246 since there wasn't a 550 PP seasonal. After driving the race, this is my input. I know your tune says for SH or SS tyres, but I used RH and this car was all over the place. I could not get it to turn, both front tyres go orange depending upon the turn. The LSD also needs adjustment because under hard acceleration in a corner the rear tyres are also going orange. What surprises me is that it feels stable going into a turn but then goes away. I ran the Toyko race in the IA 550 PP World Touring Car Championship. Please run this race with this car and let me know what you find. The G37 is one of my most favorite cars. Merci beaucoup, Barnabas

Hi Barnabas
Do you want à version with RH tires? I will try it in RH. But I think this version isn't good with there tires. Thanks a lot for your comments my friend. Bests regards.

Hi Jérôme, no need make a tune just for RH tyres. I did try it with sports soft and the handling issues are the same. Actually the base tune this car comes with is a fairly good tune. I ran Bathurst with it on SS and my best lap was a 2:08, 2:10 with RH and base tune.

What are your test tracks that you use when tuning? I know some of the other tuners have specific tracks that they use when tuning and suppose the track chosen will transfer to others. I'll continue to check out some of your other tunes as time permits. It has been a pleasure testing and driving some of your tunes. Keep up the good work.:cheers:

@Racin510s In one of his post he did mention he test on Deep Forest, Nurburgring Nordschleife, and Trial Mountain.

Edit: G37 at Bathurst is very good with a wheel, it also sticks to the road like its on rails and I always use Body Rigidity and TC1 on his cars, no issues with this car so far.

Last edited:
@fordlaser777 thanks a lot my dear friend for your test with a wheel. :cheers::cheers:. Did you feel losing control of the car in the corners? Did you feel straight out of the middle of a turn? Have you tried it with what types of tires (SH or SS or RH)? Thanks again my dear friend :cheers:

@Racin510s as @fordlaser777 said I make all my tunes in Deep Forest, Trial Mountain and Nurburgring Nordschleife. These circuits are very varied with slow and fast curves, beautiful straight lines, portions of circuits with bumps. In my opinion these 3 circuits make it possible to have cars more or less usable on all circuits. But that's just my opinion. When I make cars in sports tires it is never to be able to use it in racing tires. Some make cars that can be used in both but I personally do not see the value of making normal cars with racing tires. Unless for certain races or events is required. Thanks again my friend for your test :cheers:
:cheers:

@fordlaser777 thanks a lot my dear friend for your test with a wheel. :cheers::cheers:. Did you feel losing control of the car in the corners? Did you feel straight out of the middle of a turn? Have you tried it with what types of tires (SH or SS or RH)? Thanks again my dear friend :cheers:.
Hey @Jeje6410 I had this car in my garage but I have never tried it until now, when I saw Racin510s post I thought I try it and see how it goes, I tried RH, SH, SS tyres, no handling problem with this car :cheers: unless I am missing something.

Hello @Jeje6410 and @fordlaser777. I appreciate the info from both of you. As far as the G37 goes did I post something negative concerning the tune? If I did I greatly apologize. I was merely giving my feedback on how the car handled for me. @Jeje6410 tune is a good all around tune as far as I am concerned. I made a tweak to the LSD which cured the rear end and after driving it on several other tracks I just have to adjust my driving style to eliminate the understeer on acceleration. Thanks guys.👍

Hello @Jeje6410 and @fordlaser777. I appreciate the info from both of you. As far as the G37 goes did I post something negative concerning the tune? If I did I greatly apologize. I was merely giving my feedback on how the car handled for me. @Jeje6410 tune is a good all around tune as far as I am concerned. I made a tweak to the LSD which cured the rear end and after driving it on several other tracks I just have to adjust my driving style to eliminate the understeer on acceleration. Thanks guys.👍
Do use a DS3 or a wheel ?.

@fordlaser777 I use a DS3. I use the d-pad to steer and the right joystick for accel/brake. L1 & L2 for shifting. I had a DFGT but it broke and just can't afford to replace it.

@Jeje6410 now that I know your test tracks, I went and tested the G37 at 550PP on SH on Deep Forest and it handled very well.:cheers:. I still have to adjust my driving style but at the same time I feel it is making me a better driver. Normally I am very late on the brakes but after driving the G37 with your tune I'm braking earlier which seems to help me accelerate better out of the corners thus eliminating the under steer.

Last edited:
@fordlaser777 I use a DS3. I use the d-pad to steer and the right joystick for accel/brake. L1 & L2 for shifting. I had a DFGT but it broke and just can't afford to replace it.

@Jeje6410 now that I know your test tracks, I went and tested the G37 at 550PP on SH on Deep Forest and it handled very well.:cheers:. I still have to adjust my driving style but at the same time I feel it is making me a better driver. Normally I am very late on the brakes but after driving the G37 with your tune I'm braking earlier which seems to help me accelerate better out of the corners thus eliminating the under steer.
Remember the track conditions and the time of day may make the car handle different as well.

. As far as the G37 goes did I post something negative concerning the tune? If I did I greatly apologize. I was merely giving my feedback on how the car handled for me.

No, you did not say anything negative. You just said what you felt while driving the car and I thank you. It is by seeing the comments of the pilots that I can progress. I could have made a mistake also and not see well how the car behaves. Thanks again my friend for your feedback :cheers:

@Jeje6410 now that I know your test tracks, I went and tested the G37 at 550PP on SH on Deep Forest and it handled very well.:cheers:. I still have to adjust my driving style but at the same time I feel it is making me a better driver. Normally I am very late on the brakes but after driving the G37 with your tune I'm braking earlier which seems to help me accelerate better out of the corners thus eliminating the under steer

Thanks a lot my friend :cheers:. :cheers:

Back