High Rev Clutch Fix

Discussion in 'GT5 Drifting' started by artica, Apr 7, 2013.

1. artica

artica

Is it possible with all the software floating around??

2. dice1998

dice1998 Premium

What?

3. UrieHusky

UrieHusky Premium

That's my line! :lol:

4. Hei

Hei

Are you trying to say using a clutch on a controller? If not, you make no sense whatsoever.

5. artica

artica

On the g25/27 steering wheels, the clutch requires you to drop the RPM around to 4k just to shift without being thrown into neutral.
    Just wondering if anybody figured it out yet.

6. Hei

Hei

That doesn't happen on my G27, so I am of no help.

7. artica

artica

Your saying you can hold the gas down kick the clutch and shift gears?
    AKA Flat Shifting.
    Because PD took that away after they saw that it gave wheels users an advantage in races.

8. LERK84

LERK84

No hes askin if its possible. In answer its not possible I use what I call cheatshift. Simply flat-shift with the paddle & no clutch then move stick to the gear u want & you can now use clutch & the car will go to the gear that the stick is at. In essence pressing a paddle enables auto clutch & kicking the clutch sets it to manual clutch again.

9. artica

artica

Maybe in time there will be coding for it.
    I mean, we used to have it, until PD took it away.
    Why not just unlock it.

10. Hei

Hei

Oh I see now. Hex won't fix that.

11. Lock2Lock

Lock2Lock Premium

You can only do that down shifting.

Up shifting is basically as long as the RPMs are going down fast you can shift up.

12. Drift_Monkey

Drift_Monkey

you mean powershifting or clutch kicking?... both are not possible either way lol

13. LERK84

LERK84

Used to have it when ?. Flat shifting has never been possible on GT5.

He means Flat shifting, (changing gear with the clutch while keeping throttle on full) which cant be done in GT5. But clutch kicking can be done, I do it all the time when drifting. GT5 clutch is fine apart from the jump to N when trying to Flat shift.

14. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

Anyone want to try it with a car fitted with racing flywheel + triple plate clutch ( part unlock )

15. JDM SRE70

JDM SRE70

I know what this guy is on about, when you go to shift whilst hovering over roughly 4K RPM. Instantly your car is "stalled", and it takes awhile to recover from it and find the gear again too.

16. Lock2Lock

Lock2Lock Premium

I mean you have your foot on the gas but the RPMs are going down you can shift up. I have been able to shift the 10 million credit Alfa Romeo while a steady slow incline of RPMs. It depends on how fast they are rising and what RPM you try to shift up at

17. Serum

Serum

At first i thought the shifter was bouncing out for a milli-sec, until i had alot of angle and managed to catch 4th. He's saying: you take off in 1st, pedal floored tires loose traction, now try quickly going to 2nd. Even if you lift completely off throttle, when you reapply throttle...neutral. i wanna be able to "snatch" gears like i did in my 240

18. Drift_Monkey

Drift_Monkey

flatshifting and power shifting is the same thing

19. You Drunk Bro

You Drunk Bro

I know what you mean man. It's so ****ing annoying when you're in a battle and you shift from 2nd to 3rd and it shifts to neutral leaving you behind. PD needs to fix this.

20. JR86

JR86 Premium

True, it's very annoying. On Tsukuba drifting the D1 section I usually keep my Z34 in 4th so i don't need to upshift from 3rd and stuff up my drift

21. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

This Japanese guy can drift with the clutch :)

22. JR86

JR86 Premium

Umm, what do you mean? He drifts like everyone else who uses the clutch (like me)

23. Stavingo

Stavingo

And that video is sorta outdated as well (GT5P)

24. LERK84

LERK84

Funny vid he's wearing gloves & a helmet but is barefoot.
    I agree with jrkiwiboy he drifts like almost any else who uses the clutch in GT5, mostly with a good bit of difficulty. I clutch kick a lot & use cheatshift method to avoid hitting N on upshifts. ("Cheatshift" explanation on previous page if anyone wants to know what I mean).

25. Lock2Lock

Lock2Lock Premium

I last night I did try the triple plate clutch on my RX7. It did allow me to shift faster. Basically with the proper shifting method it allows you to shift really quick.

It is a unlocked part through hybriding. But i can send the clutches to you if anyone with a wheel with a clutch wants one

26. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

Have you also tried the racing flywheel + triple plate combo ?

27. Polarfox

Polarfox

Hmm, i tried my hybrided R33 GT-R yesterday, and changing gears while drifting was no problem.
    What it seems to me, is that you need to push the clutch ALL the way down to get gear changed.
    May be because g25/27 uses the clutch as a button, instead of an axis (like trottle/brake)
    So you cant do halfa**ed clutching

28. Lock2Lock

Lock2Lock Premium

It isn't that trust me on that. And the G27 doesn't have a button like affect clutch.

I can slowly ride off the clutch and rev match/heal toe/shift lock. If you ever hear me shifting through gears you will instantly notice that I am riding the clutch.

29. Polarfox

Polarfox

Ok thanks for the info.
    Atleat it seems the g25 has a button effect.
    Tho, using the right combination of: power, flywheel and upgraded clutch made my gts-t/gtr hybrid drift like a dream, using clutch shifting, even more fun when i could clutchkick instead of flicking to get the rear end out.

30. LERK84

LERK84

Lock is right G27 clutch is an axis even on GT5, & the G25 uses the same pedal set with the exception of the plastic blocks that offset the plane. they use pot's like the brake/throttle pedals.

& depending on what gearbox you added to your R33 may be the reason you thought you were flat-shifting is they have auto-clutch, R35 gearbox for example.