Hilarious AI-Track-Car Combinations

• Thread starter LeGeNd-1
  • 21 comments

LeGeNd-1

Premium
Australia
Australia
GTP_LeGeNd-1
Sometimes (through sheer coincidence) I find a particular AI-track-car combination doesn't go along too well. Most of the time, they overspeed and create spectacular accidents. Sometimes, they seem like they don't have enough wheel lock to get through a corner (this happens a LOT with muscle cars in New York and Paris).

Recently though, I've been trying to try and stop the AI from completing the race by presenting them with an insurmountable barrier. Since the Benz Wagon isn't in GTPSP, I found the next slowest car to be Citroen 2CV (I find it ironic that Citroen also makes one of the fastest cars in the game). So I headed to the 'Ring for a 1 lap race (took me close to 17 minutes or so :lol:), and much to my dismay, they manage to complete a lap despite the steep hills. So I searched for another track with steep hills, which brought me to Citta di Aria. 1 lap forward race it is then...Nope, still doesn't work. So I tried reverse and guess what? I succeeded! Well, sort of. The steep hill after the long backstraight is killer for those AIs. Of course we instinctively shift down to maintain revs, but the AI doesn't, so they spent about 30 seconds stationary in 2nd gear wondering what to do :lol:. Eventually they got moving again though, so my plan is foiled :grumpy:.

Anyway, with so many tracks and cars, there's bound to be combinations that produce interesting drives by the AI. This is the thread to post them, so we can all have some share of the hilarity. Try to post them in the following format: Track/Direction/Rank/Car/Tire/Comments

Here are some of my mine:

Nurburgring/Forward/S/TVR Speed 12/R3/Carnage at last chicane
Suzuka West/Forward/S/F2007/R3/First corner trip to the gravel at almost every lap
Citta di Aria/Reverse/D/Citroen 2CV/N1/See above
Chamonix or Ice Arena/Forward or Reverse/S/Dodge Viper/SNW/Wheelspin hell

you know if you stop on the last (forwards) hill on citta di aria you can block the road and the ai let off their brakes or something and roll back down the hill. also on costa di amalfi going in reverse, the first corner you can get cars stuck by pushing them as they break - don't know why, they just seem to lose ability to turn.

On one of the Yosemite dirt tracks I was up against some Spykers. By the end of the 3rd lap I could see them and probably would have lapped them if the race was another lap longer. Watching the replay was hilarious. They would slide wide into the wall on almost every corner.

Forgot what track, I believe it was one of the Fuji's, Forward, Using Enzo (being chased by Bugatti's) and watching them skid off road.

you know if you stop on the last (forwards) hill on citta di aria you can block the road and the ai let off their brakes or something and roll back down the hill. also on costa di amalfi going in reverse, the first corner you can get cars stuck by pushing them as they break - don't know why, they just seem to lose ability to turn.

Yeah but those require you to do something. I was trying to get the AI stopped by themselves, without any intervention from me.

On one of the Yosemite dirt tracks I was up against some Spykers. By the end of the 3rd lap I could see them and probably would have lapped them if the race was another lap longer. Watching the replay was hilarious. They would slide wide into the wall on almost every corner.

Supercars on rally courses always provide the best spectacle :D. I wish PD would unlock all cars on all courses...

The F1's always go off at the Valencia track at the 2nd or 3rd corner and sometimes if you fly by right as they try to get back on track, they sit there for about 10 seconds wetting their pants, then they take off!

'62 Buick Special at twin motegi super speedway. This happened forever ago I don't know the rank or car I used but in all the turns All of them spun out. If 1 made it thru it spun on the next turn. Since I didn't know what car I ran I just selected my buick and limited it to one manufacturer and selected motegi. First turn 3 of em spun. The 4th spun on the next turn. Every turn after that all of them spun. On my last turn I was holding the analog stick all the way the whole time and looking backwards to see them spin. I turned too much I went into pit lane. I still won cus they spun again.

I don't know if it's common, well it's probably not actually but I was racing on the Deep Forest Raceway and the Ruf just completely lost traction and spun out at a corner. I was so shocked that I saved the replay.

Car Type: 2008 GTbyCitroen
Tracks: Any with hairpin corners

I have a nice ability to drive the Citroen... I rely on the driving line and brake indicator on the HUD. Makes me a little more primal to get no warning due to the single D gear there. Either way, when the opponent drives GTbyCitroens at high speeds they are prone to spinning off the track... LOTS.

Citta di Aria/Forward/S rank/Dodge RAM/S3 - Ram rage is back, with 2 tonne trucks on such a narrow road. Limit to single manufacturer to race with other Rams.

Back