Hilarious GT4 vs Forza video

• Thread starter JCE
  • 26 comments
I'm no longer interested in Forza, but this obviously is a fanvideo, so I can laugh at it. I don't know about hilarious, but it is funny in a goofy kinda way.....

You are not some kind of fanboy, are ya?

I'll keep this short, I've been interested in Forza from the beginning, probably due to the super-duper delay of GT4. I've been seeing the screenshots of Forza 2 around gtplanet, and just not keen on the graphical style. GT HD screenshots of 350Z(that racecar one) on the other hand, I still can't believe my eyes. It's art.

I'm not a fanBOY of anything. And I prefer the Forza series over the Gran Turismo series ten-fold. After GT2 the GT series was lame and only conentrated on graphics and not everything else. There is not one car in any GT game that sounds like a real car. Forza's audio is superior--period. GTHD is just graphics and no real substance. I'd rather play GT2--back when a GT game was actually FUN to play. GT3 was and is the worst in the series by far--little car choices, removal of my favorite feature--that being "used" cars, and the audio was horrid. GT4 was an improvement on GT3--but Forza just kicked it in the nuts.

If both games looked the same, had the same physics, had the same audio, and even the same cars Forza's customization annhilates GT4's photomode and used car selection.

Offtopic: PGR3 for the 360 has the best console racing game audio I've ever heard. Most of the cars sound like their real counterparts--because they actually recorded them.

Off topic? We've been off topic the whole time. :lol:

To each his own, on Gran Turismo. GT3 is my favorite GT. Agreed on the sound. I wasn't digging the Forza sound from the video either, but Gran Turismo's audio is pretty pitiful.

In Forza 1 there are about 5 cars that actually sound almost 95% like the real thing...it's actually quite amazing really. Both GT and FM have pitiful tire squeeling noises--and from the sound of the new FM2 I don't think it's been improved by a large margin. Would it kill game makers to actually RECORD REAL audio from cars? I mean come on, it takes almost no space when you have GBs of space to work with.

Exactly. In real life, some sports car engines, and all the racing engines screams. I wish racing games sounded like that.

Unless those said race cars are lazy low-revving V8's which give out a nice mediumly loud rumbly tone--which I also like.

Unless those said race cars are lazy low-revving V8's which give out a nice mediumly loud rumbly tone--which I also like.
You know, GT40(yeah, the original) in GT3 had that sound. That was an exception though.

Damn this vid is awesome most of the cars look amazing, this sort of stuff is inspiring me to make an effort on forza 2 to make my cars look awesome

What kind of idiot thought that was GT4?
That was GT3 (easily indicated by the tach on the right side that was replaced by a bar graph in GT4).

:rolleyes:

As an old friend here on the GTP used to say... You can always tell a fanboy, you just can't tell him much. :lol:

I hope you're not calling me a fanboy--because I would take offense to it. The maker of the video was perhaps a fanboy, I however am a fan who prefers one to the other.

Well don't be upset because I didn't call you a fan boy. Rather, I called someone an idiot (as well as a fanboy) and it was the person who made a video for youtube under false pretenses (specifically GT3 being labeled as GT4). 👎

That said, I'd have to say this video did a good job of showing what a bad job PD did with the Corvette. :indiff:

The video actually made me go and test to see how accurate it was and sure enough it was pretty close. The sound on the vette in Forza was much louder and distinct in the video (and I could only really replicate it once I switched to bumper cam) but none the less it was right on with the actual game sound of each game.

In any case, I feel like people do themselves a dis-service when they label GT3 as GT4 in a comparison because of how it instantly removes a great deal of the author's credibility.

Of course, it's no big deal since everyone has already made up their mind about which they preffer (GT4 vs Forza).

Anyway, just thought I'd come and clear up who was getting fanboy status (since JCE3000GT was so quick to assume I was reffering to him when I called the person who labeled GT3 as GT4 a fanboy idiot). :lol:

That does make me wonder though, now that I come to think of it...
JCE3000GT, you don't really play GT do you?
I mean, I understand your mistake in passing on a false title (not your fault) but after watching the video it was clear to me that we were watching GT3... So I suppose that means you've been playing Forza exclusively for a long time now huh?

(btw, I'm all good with that, I have both and play them both. Although I play them both for different reasons). :D

The day I picked up my Forza copy I never touched GT4 again. Take a look at my profile, my GT4 stats are there--I don't even remember what they are now. I'll try out GT5, I hope they do a better job than they did on GT3/GT4 on game substance. I don't care if the game looks like GT2, if it has substance it will be great.

Since it's been so long since I played either GT3 or GT4 I'm not surprised I didn't notice the error. Oh well, no worries...the video is still funny.

So is there an unbiased comparison between GT4 and Forza available?

Was the car comparison fair? A 911 and a 360 against 2 Daihatsus? What about the cars GT4 has that Forza doesn't?

Alfa
Alpine
BMW McLaren F1
BMW M5
Caterham
Chapparal
Cizeta
Dome
Gillet Vertigo
Holden Monaro
Jaguar XJR-9
Pescarolo
Tommy Kaira ZZ-II
TVR Cerbera & T350C
etc.

Surely using some of them would have been fairer?

Forza's Corvette doesn't look as if it was attached to the road. Its very pointy, and was darting about. GT4 has a better feel to it.

I've never seen an unbiased comparison.
With FM1 and GT4 it always came down to online play for the Forza side and graphics for the GT side.
Most of the time physics would be ignored since reviewers didn't want to say which they preffer (for whatever reason).
On some occassions I see the courses availible for racing taking the spot light but in those cases the actual detail and accuracy of the courses would be ignored.

In my opinion, the only way to get an unbiased comparison is to do one for yourself (which is why I bought a xbox and tested Forza for myself). :dopey:

And regarding the YouTube video of paint designs... :yuck:
I kind of feel now more than ever that the "apply" decals part of forza was a major let down. :indiff:
(partly because so many ugly creations came out of the system but more because of how poor the logic was behind the system used... I mean, there were way too many cars that could buy upgrades from a company that didn't even get listed in the decals... even worse was how many decals were availible to cars that had nothing to do with the company of the decal)
In any case, that's what happens when decals (and not just paint shop) are a focus of gameplay.

I make my car unique by winning races, not by using decals. :ouch:

;)

So is there an unbiased comparison between GT4 and Forza available?

Was the car comparison fair? A 911 and a 360 against 2 Daihatsus? What about the cars GT4 has that Forza doesn't?

Each game has vehicles the other doesn't, but Ferrari and Porsche are the biggest problem for GT4 fans to argue about.

Alfa -- Don't really care about most of these models
Alpine -- Don't care
BMW McLaren F1 - Don't care
BMW M5 -- I care
Caterham -- I don't care
Chapparal -- I don't care
Cizeta -- I don't care
Dome -- I don't care
Gillet Vertigo -- I don't care
Holden Monaro -- Forza has this in GTO trim
Jaguar XJR-9 -- I don't care
Pescarolo -- I don't care
Tommy Kaira ZZ-II -- I don't care
TVR Cerbera & T350C -- I care

Seems like the only real arguement on the car list issue is BMW and TVR's. Otherwise Forza wins.

Forza's Corvette doesn't look as if it was attached to the road. Its very pointy, and was darting about. GT4 has a better feel to it.

I disagree, neither game gave me the impression of the cars not being attached to the road. That feeling is reserved for all the riced NFS games and the stupid drifter games.

And regarding the YouTube video of paint designs... :yuck:
I kind of feel now more than ever that the "apply" decals part of forza was a major let down. :indiff:
(partly because so many ugly creations came out of the system but more because of how poor the logic was behind the system used... I mean, there were way too many cars that could buy upgrades from a company that didn't even get listed in the decals... even worse was how many decals were availible to cars that had nothing to do with the company of the decal)
In any case, that's what happens when decals (and not just paint shop) are a focus of gameplay.

I make my car unique by winning races, not by using decals. :ouch:

;)

I strongly disagree here, just because YOU find someone else's tastes ugly doesn't mean it is ugly to everyone on planet Earth. The ability to design the exterior of your car in Forza is it's number one strong point. You aren't unique by winning races, that makes you a good driver. What makes you UNIQUE in racing games is how your car LOOKS and or SOUNDS.

Forza 2 solves all of the problems with the current car design area of the game. Maybe they couldn't get licensing for ALL of those company's logos? I don't know, but all I do know is just because you think something's ugly doesn't mean the entire designing system is somehow worthless.

So if you think so much from Forza is ugly, what do you think of a few of my works?

911_01b.png

clio_01a.png

clio_01b.png

cgt_01b.png

cgt_01a.png

cc8s_01a.png

cc8s_01b.png

accord_01.png

Each game has vehicles the other doesn't, but Ferrari and Porsche are the biggest problem for GT4 fans to argue about.

Alfa -- Don't really care about most of these models
Alpine -- Don't care
BMW McLaren F1 - Don't care
BMW M5 -- I care
Caterham -- I don't care
Chapparal -- I don't care
Cizeta -- I don't care
Dome -- I don't care
Gillet Vertigo -- I don't care
Holden Monaro -- Forza has this in GTO trim
Jaguar XJR-9 -- I don't care
Pescarolo -- I don't care
Tommy Kaira ZZ-II -- I don't care
TVR Cerbera & T350C -- I care

Seems like the only real arguement on the car list issue is BMW and TVR's. Otherwise Forza wins.
The only real argument for you on the car list issue are BMW and TVR.

I like the fact that they're all there. I like the fact GT4 has loads of different types of cars. I don't miss Ferrari and Porsche.

We'll just have to agree to differ.

Forza does have the same McLaren F1 GTR Longtail or whatever racing version it is that GT4 has. And it has the important TVRs like Speed 6 and Speed 12.

I agree there's some cars that GT4 has that Forza is missing like BMWs, an SL55 AMG (I Don't think Forza has this one), and a couple of those Group C cars.

Anyway, that video from the original post is pretty pointless. First off that is GT3 and the issues it presents are not the important ones. I like GT4 and I like Forza more, and most of the reasons were not present in that video. I like Forza because of the menus and the way you can select cars that are eligible for a race series on the go and other such aspects.

LOL i think this vid was posted for a laugh,but it turned into a flame war?!?

and to use gt3 in the vid was just a piss take and a funny one at that

LOL i think this vid was posted for a laugh,but it turned into a flame war?!?

and to use gt3 in the vid was just a piss take and a funny one at that
I wouldn't call it a flame war, but I do agree about the video. I believe it was a comedy created by a Forza fan. That's why I said in my first post that I can still laugh at it.

That was the whole purpose to my thread (and the video) was that it was funny regardless. If the tables were turned and someone did a pro-GT4 video like that I'd still find it funny.

In response to the post with various pictures directed at me asking if they are ugly...

Frankly, the hostile approach you take to confront members like myself is a huge turn-off.
Try taking your own logic and applying it in reverse.
I expressed my opinion about what is ugly and said there were many ugly creations to come out of the game.
You react like I've personally insulted you- that's not cool. 👎
(don't I have the right, just like you, to decide for myself what is and isn't uglly... and shouldn't I have the right to not fall victim to your assumption that I was talking about your designs when I said ugly stuff has come out of Forza?)

Btw, you're koenigsegg is ugly in my opinion (blue and yellow worked well but the red back clashed way too much) and the carrera gt is borderline, the rest seem alright (although I'm not a fan of designs, I preffer solid colors)... On that note, the best of the group is the first Porsche (IMO).

None the less, much of what you said doesn't change a thing about the fact that a huge element of Forza was playing with paintshop. Good or bad, that's the truth. :indiff:
(just a matter of opinion when it comes to the "good or bad")

Also, I don't like how a tiny car list was posted and half the cars were written off...
Also, I don't like how everyone is crazy on unique rides yet GT4's great number of differing JGTC rides are all ignored (maybe because forza doesn't even have half as many?) :ouch:
(and I can already see it... "I don't care about 4 or 5 of the same supra, skyline, and nsx race cars even if they do have different graphics and handling feel!") :lol:

Oh, last thing...
Maybe they couldn't get licensing for ALL of those company's logos? I don't know,
That's just a pathetic excuse. If they could get the licensing to put the after market bumper on the car (and list the company name and all that) then I would expect them to include those companies on the list of availible decals. I'd also expect them to remove the a company's decals if the company's product can't be used on the car.
Chiefly though, I would like to see any company with a prodcut availble as an upgrade have a decal in the shop for the car that can use that upgrade (and just about at the same level I'd like to see them lose any decals to companies that are unrelated to that specific car).

I just felt robbed when I would customize a car with all the body kit parts only to find out that the body kit company wasn't even listed in the decals (while a bunch of other companies that don't make kits for that car are listed as decals for the car).

It said to me that it was more important to create the look than to honestly represent what the car was about... If I use the availible nismo bumper on my G35 then I expect to see a nismo decal in the list.

I mean, why put stickers all over a car if those stickers are for companies that aren't even used in the build of the car?
If anything, that sort of philosophy pushes me away from the decal scene (way too "fast and furious" for me)... Probably why all of my designs only colors and not names and logos (and that's only when I was willing to do a design instead of a solid color paint job).

In response to the post with various pictures directed at me asking if they are ugly...

Frankly, the hostile approach you take to confront members like myself is a huge turn-off.
Try taking your own logic and applying it in reverse.
I expressed my opinion about what is ugly and said there were many ugly creations to come out of the game.
You react like I've personally insulted you- that's not cool. 👎
(don't I have the right, just like you, to decide for myself what is and isn't uglly... and shouldn't I have the right to not fall victim to your assumption that I was talking about your designs when I said ugly stuff has come out of Forza?)

I wasn't being hostile, I just voiced my strong opposing opinion. If I was being hostile I would of use excessive profanity and or personal insults--I've done neither. 👍 I'm not insulted by your opinions, not in the least. We don't converse much so I'll just chalk it up to you not understanding my personality. :)

Btw, you're koenigsegg is ugly in my opinion (blue and yellow worked well but the red back clashed way too much) and the carrera gt is borderline, the rest seem alright (although I'm not a fan of designs, I preffer solid colors)... On that note, the best of the group is the first Porsche (IMO).

The Koenigsegg was a recreation of a UK police car paint scheme, I used the following picture for my inspiration. I blame the UK for making such an ugly paint scheme. But on the bright side at least you can't mistake them for normal civilian cars. lol And thank you for the compliment on the Polizei. 👍

uk_lancerevo62.jpg

None the less, much of what you said doesn't change a thing about the fact that a huge element of Forza was playing with paintshop. Good or bad, that's the truth. :indiff:
(just a matter of opinion when it comes to the "good or bad")

A very large element indeed, but do you think the rest of the game lacks substance? I'm just curious whether or not you just prefer GT4 over Forza or whether or not you just think Forza lacks substance.

Also, I don't like how a tiny car list was posted and half the cars were written off...
Also, I don't like how everyone is crazy on unique rides yet GT4's great number of differing JGTC rides are all ignored (maybe because forza doesn't even have half as many?) :ouch:
(and I can already see it... "I don't care about 4 or 5 of the same supra, skyline, and nsx race cars even if they do have different graphics and handling feel!") :lol:

But, it is really my opinion--which I'm entitled to--that I really don't care about the ones on that list minus the BMW and TVR. Post the entire GT4 AND Forza car lists and I will be glad to pick out alot of cars from both games that I feel are either ones I don't care for and or are redudant. And yes, having a billion Skylines, Supras, and NSX's in either game is rediculous. They both have alot of redundancy. 2 or 3 of each is fine, but I don't want to see each model, color, trim, and 50 racing editions of those models. I want to see cars that aren't in either game and even more cars (and trucks--yes I said trucks) from every--EVERY--manufacturer. I may not care for some of the ones either forgotten or omitted, but I'd still want them in the game for completions sake and for others that want them. I actually could care less about Ferrari minus some older models and the F355--but alot of other people love them and I don't have a problem with them being in there.

Oh, last thing...
That's just a pathetic excuse. If they could get the licensing to put the after market bumper on the car (and list the company name and all that) then I would expect them to include those companies on the list of availible decals. I'd also expect them to remove the a company's decals if the company's product can't be used on the car.
Chiefly though, I would like to see any company with a prodcut availble as an upgrade have a decal in the shop for the car that can use that upgrade (and just about at the same level I'd like to see them lose any decals to companies that are unrelated to that specific car).

It's not an excuse, I honestly do not know why there aren't more licenses and product decals. Forza 2 solves this problem I believe.

I just felt robbed when I would customize a car with all the body kit parts only to find out that the body kit company wasn't even listed in the decals (while a bunch of other companies that don't make kits for that car are listed as decals for the car).

I actually completely agree with you here. The designers needed to be a little more smart about it--they should of coded a few lines that made only the decals of the company who's parts are on the current car being designed in the decal editor.

It said to me that it was more important to create the look than to honestly represent what the car was about... If I use the availible nismo bumper on my G35 then I expect to see a nismo decal in the list.

I mean, why put stickers all over a car if those stickers are for companies that aren't even used in the build of the car?
If anything, that sort of philosophy pushes me away from the decal scene (way too "fast and furious" for me)... Probably why all of my designs only colors and not names and logos (and that's only when I was willing to do a design instead of a solid color paint job).

I don't use decals much, I mostly use the vinyls almost exclusively. As you saw with the Porsche you can make a good unique car without using those stickers. Infact here's one of only a very small handful of vehicles I've designed that uses the company decals. I tried to create another "XBOX" theme like on the Seat Cupra R GT car.

JCE_009b.jpg

JCE_009a.jpg

JCE_009c.jpg

Back