Historic Circuits

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mr P510
  • 31 comments
  • 1,415 views
Messages
1,245
Yes,I did a search..Nothing
Anyway...considering GT4 is going to track the history of the automobile an all I thought with the amount of historic cars and I'm sure historic events included,wouldn't it be great if PD modeled some tracks correct to the era.
 
I don´t know if you guys would call it a racing circuit, but a track I really want to see in GT4 is the "Lingotto". Probably a perfect track for low-powerered racing, and very joyful to drive around on when it´s located on a roof! Impressive scenery.

35561.jpg

lingotto%20top1.jpg
 
That second pic looks rendered...is it real? It's pretty sad if it is real and reality is looking rendered....:lol:

Anyways, that looks like a great track, you really gotta nail that tiny turn, looks like 1.5 cars wide...:eek:
 
I'd love it if the Targa Florio was there, in its full length...
 
I've seen this track in top gear...this was while Clarkson was testing the alfa romeo 145 (back in 96 or somthin )
it seems this track is known for testing cars amongs the Italian automakers.

it would be great if PD would include this track.
 
how about the complete mille miglia course :lol:

that rooftop track is on top of the old fiat factory in torino btw.
 
They should include more tracks that exist in real life.
Tracks like Spa Franchorchamps, Zandvoort etc. :D
Would be nice to see in GT5.
 
Racedriver33
I don´t know if you guys would call it a racing circuit, but a track I really want to see in GT4 is the "Lingotto". Probably a perfect track for low-powerered racing, and very joyful to drive around on when it´s located on a roof! Impressive scenery.

35561.jpg

lingotto%20top1.jpg


That is a Fiat testtrack on the rooftop of their formal HQ in Turin.
 
Mr P510
Yes,I did a search..Nothing
Anyway...considering GT4 is going to track the history of the automobile an all I thought with the amount of historic cars and I'm sure historic events included,wouldn't it be great if PD modeled some tracks correct to the era.
It would be interesting to race the Model T on one of the old board (plank) tracks of the late 20's. But, that would be the only vehicle. Perhaps the old brickyard would be nice. But, other than that, I don't know of any other vintage track.
 
youd have thaught that the romans, with al that soap making, world conquering nouse would have created something better than a flat NASCAR circuit :crazy:
 
That roof top track featured in the Italian Job movie...... where the minis were trying to escape from the police.
 
GT4 has historic cars so it should have historic tracks.......
 
Wads
That roof top track featured in the Italian Job movie...... where the minis were trying to escape from the police.

Indied, and than they jumpt to an other roof.
 
robin2223
GT4 has historic cars so it should have historic tracks.......

I dont think so, in these day's they do historic races on track's were they also do GT races, and sometimes even F1. So i dont see why there sould be Historic track's. It would be nice, but not nesecery.
 
TriplePlay
That second pic looks rendered...is it real? It's pretty sad if it is real and reality is looking rendered....:lol:

Anyways, that looks like a great track, you really gotta nail that tiny turn, looks like 1.5 cars wide...:eek:
The turn is just as wide as the rest of the track but it's banked so from that angle it looks narrower.
 
How good would it be that instead of the Test Track you could actually have Nardo as the test track, official tracks add a certain character to a game. Also would like to Bathurst, that thing is crazy.
 
Yeah Definetly! I would love for almost all the tracks to be real life tracks. But they need to be long and be steaped in motoring history I think (Spa Franchorchamps would be perfect). It would make it so much more exciting to race on tracks that you know from watching TV footage of the track etc etc.....

Something that i always thought would be great in the GT series and is prolly my only real strong complaint with the series, lack of real tracks and too much 'stupid' (in my opinion) tracks such as the seatle city circuit ( I really hated that track) and in GT4P the one in Italy and New York.
 
There need to definately be more real RACE tracks in the game than fanatsy ones (although some are quite good!)......I would like to see maybe some F1 tracks in the game (apart from monaco).....cos they are what control and driving are all about! :)
 
Monaco is a Historic Track...(Cote D'Azur)
 
yeah.....I ment to say that there should be more historic tracks......like monaco
 
robin2223
yeah.....I ment to say that there should be more historic tracks......like monaco

The problem is the very high level of realism that they put in to the GT circuits. On a modern day track this is fairly simple, you just go there, do some measurements and take a few photos. With a 'historic' track (even if it still exists today in some form) you would have to relay on photo's films etc. to get the data, and lot's of 'educated guesses' would have to be made.
 
Racedriver33
I don´t know if you guys would call it a racing circuit, but a track I really want to see in GT4 is the "Lingotto". Probably a perfect track for low-powerered racing, and very joyful to drive around on when it´s located on a roof! Impressive scenery.

The test course is very similar, so why should we have a 2nd versio of it without the tunel ?.
They should include Spa ( the old 10km + version )of course, Brands Hatch in Europe.
How about Watkins Glenn, Mosport or Road America ?
Sebring would be a good candidate too
Targa Florio ? condensed, why not it's a legend after all
 
I would love having the lost track Riverside. It was also the home track of the Shelby team I believe.
 
The inclusion of the Nordschleife, along with Monaco, add two of the most historically significant tracks in history to the GT4 lineup. We don't know what else might be in there - I'd rather race at Indianapolis than "Super Speedway", and if we got Le Mans, we'd have the most famous and prestigious tracks on Earth represented, which is what I'd like to see. There are some very historic tracks like Spa, Monza etc that are yet to appear, but we don't know they're not in yet - or won't be available as extras.

As for realistically modelling the circuits - I'd say there's sufficient data available from maps, pictures and videos to recreate these circuits with an acceptably small margin of error - and you have to remember, PD would call on the most professional minds for the job, anyone who could spot an error would probably be a welcome addition in helping the dev team correct it, and the other side of the coin is that no one has anything real remaining with which to compare the tracks, they can't physically drive both and compare, it's a bit like these perfumes that sell themselves as smelling like Elizabeth Taylor - no one remembers personally what she smelt like, so they can just say it's so and people will buy it.
 
The original LeMans and Hockenheim circuits would be a welcome addition since most tracks of this caliber have become "chicane" happy these days.
 
Or in Hockenheim's case, raped from the ground itself. I never liked Hockenheim though. The Nordschleife was a tough act to follow but Hockenheim just never seemed intriguing. Granted, last night was kickass.
 
Maybe i'm biased coz i'm a Belgian, but imo Francorschamps is the nicest F1 track in the world. I'm very glad its back in f1 after the whole tobacco publicity riot.

Hopefully gt4 and/or Forza will include it.
 
Hajaz
Maybe i'm biased coz i'm a Belgian, but imo Francorschamps is the nicest F1 track in the world. I'm very glad its back in f1 after the whole tobacco publicity riot.

Hopefully gt4 and/or Forza will include it.

What was the "whole tobacco publicity riot?"
 
Along with many countries in Europe, Belgium has no cigarette sponsorship allowed during a race meeting or anything televised I believe. So, countries with such deals have to fork over more money to Bernie and the teams to make up for the lost advertising revenue. Belgium thus didn't hold a round of the championship in 2003.
 
Back