Historic Racing Car Cup

  • Thread starter Thread starter DaveHMCFC
  • 47 comments
  • 3,602 views
Messages
22
Messages
DaveHMCFC
Hi...

I have completed every other part of the Expert Series in A-Spec except for the Historic Racing Car Cup. I have a slight problem though. The cars i need to compete in this race are 20,000,000 and there's no way i've got anywhere near enough to afford that. Is there any other way of attaining one of these (preferably the Toyota 7 Race Car).?
 
B Spec Like The Wind gets the 7 as the prize car, or A Spec Indy 500 endurance gets the Jag in about 2 1/2 hrs of easy driving.
 
I have a Toyota 7 shared, add me and use it all you want....


Laynas_Daddi
 
I beat it first try both races with my fully tuned Challenger RM.

If you cant do the same, make sure you never forget how bad you are.
 
Thanks for your help.... looks like it's a bit of B-Spec racing for me!
 
This can be done with a regular car. I beat it with a fully (and I do mean FULLY) tuned countach I won earlier in the game. I had all upgrades and racing hard tires and I wasn't even close but I made the switch to racing soft and that was enough to do it.

Probably the toughest races I've done. Required lots of concentration. Good luck!
 
Very much depends on the grid lineup how hard the race will be. So it might be worth investigating what lineup is most favourable as well.

It's so long since I did this race, but I'm pretty sure I did it with the Toyota 7, which by the way is an incredibly ugly car.
 
What level are you? If you are a high enough level, do the Indy 500 endurance race and you will get the Jag XJ13, which will knock off this event easily.

Apparently it is possible in the Countach, but you have to re-load for the right race order to get both the 2J and Toyota 7 in the back of the pack. Even then you have to race a perfect race and block the entire time, getting lucky. In my opinion, that isn't real racing. It's clear that the Countach wasn't meant to hang with them. I like to race, not just try over and over again until I get lucky.

Also, don't listen to the moron who claims he beat this with a RM Challenger on his "first try". Total BS.

This is widely known as one of the toughest races in the game. There is a huge thread on it on these forums. Again, for me, the most time effective way of doing it was to get the XJ13. You will spend more time trying to do it in the Countach.
 
I beat it first try both races with my fully tuned Challenger RM.

If you cant do the same, make sure you never forget how bad you are.

Same here, except that it took me several tries. The Challenger with the Race Modification can win this race. You kind of have to drive like a jerk and continually block the Toyota 7 so it can't get past you. If it's ahead of you in the starting line up, quit and reload the race.

Now that I have all 3 20MM credit cars, I LOVE to go back to this race and run them!
 
Also, don't listen to the moron who claims he beat this with a RM Challenger on his "first try". Total BS.

This is widely known as one of the toughest races in the game. There is a huge thread on it on these forums. Again, for me, the most time effective way of doing it was to get the XJ13. You will spend more time trying to do it in the Countach.


Talk for yourself. This is MORE than doable with an RM Challenger, i think i beat after a couple of tries, not even using racing softs, nor with any specific tuning done to it (Upgrades, yes - but not fine-tuning suspension etc.).
 
JawsV8
What level are you? If you are a high enough level, do the Indy 500 endurance race and you will get the Jag XJ13, which will knock off this event easily.

Cheers for the advice. I'm level 30 so might give the Indy 500 Endurance race a go when I get the time.

Another quick question while I'm here.
I've now got 3 B-Spec drivers. The 1st is level 10 and the other 2 haven't raced yet. I tried to enter the two newbies in a beginner race, and it would only allow one. I'm sure I've read that I can race more than one at a time? How is this done?
Cheers in advance!
 
A Camaro Z28 RM or a fully tuned Countach should do the trick for this event in A spec.

In fact, it's possible with a 512BB but will that would take a lot of blocking.
 
Doing it in the Countach was awesome.
 
I done it with the coutach too using a DS3, but the 2nd race (cote d'azur) was real tricky to do. Fully tune the car and adjust the max speed to top out at the end of the main straight. Also the trick with it is you have to charge round that 1st corner like a bat out of hell and make sure you come out at least 3rd because overtaking with the countach on this track isn't too easy. You then need to get 1st as soon as possible, preferably by the 3rd corner. The 1st 3 turns are just about the only place you will overtake unless the ai slip up at the chicane, which they often do.

Edit- it also helps to restart the race until the 2J and Toyota 7 are at the back of the pack as much as possible, when you're in the lead the thing that gives me the creeps is that 2J sitting right on your tail so try and hold that off as long as possible by starting with him right at the back. And block block block you way to victory!
 
I've just completed both Deep Forest and Cote d'azur with the Camaro'69 Z28 race modified (565HP). I found some tuning didn't work for me because of my poor driving skills on gt5. Still I managed to finish 2s to 3s in front of the 2nd place. Make sure you restart the race untill slower cars are in front of you (it's easier when the old vette or jaguar start as 1st)

Here's what I used for cote d'azur

- Race modified full tuned Camaro'69
- soft racing tires
- set transmission to top speed 162 mph
1: 3.342 / 2: 2.215 / 3:1.589 / 4: 1.205 / 5: 0.967 / final gear: 3.890
- diferential lsd -- initial torque:36 / acceleration: 31 / brake sensitivity: 11
- Suspension -- ride height: F(-9), R(-5) / spring rate: F(12), R(12) / camber F(0), R(0), Toe F(0), R(0)
- Brake balance -- F(5), R(5)

For Deep Forest I only changed:
set toe F(0), R(0.1), ride height F(-12), R(-15), spring rate F(9), R(11)

Just left ABS 1, and control sentivity 7, everything else off.
I suggest you make smaller adjustments according to your driving style.
Good luck!
 
I used a Toyota 7 in Deep Forest an a countach in cote.

This. I'd pay $100 in real cash to anyone who could beat Deep Forest in the Countach. That Toyota 7 car STOMPS you out in the last 2 laps. I live in Virginia. :)
 
This. I'd pay $100 in real cash to anyone who could beat Deep Forest in the Countach. That Toyota 7 car STOMPS you out in the last 2 laps. I live in Virginia. :)

That would be like most of the people who did it in the first month of the game without birthday glitching then?
 
This. I'd pay $100 in real cash to anyone who could beat Deep Forest in the Countach. That Toyota 7 car STOMPS you out in the last 2 laps. I live in Virginia. :)

I did it two moths ago. It was tough. Took me two weeks to get it with the countach. But, I became a better driver during that intense training. i did it with the controller then too. I did notice that now there is a rolling start, back when I did it, the start was a grid. It makes it even harder. Payup dude!:)
 
Hi...

I have completed every other part of the Expert Series in A-Spec except for the Historic Racing Car Cup. I have a slight problem though. The cars i need to compete in this race are 20,000,000 and there's no way i've got anywhere near enough to afford that. Is there any other way of attaining one of these (preferably the Toyota 7 Race Car).?

Add me to your friends list. I'm sharing the Toyota 7, as well as the Ford and Jaguar racers that qualify for the Historic Cup. I beat the series with the Jag, but it was tough.
 
Thanks for all the kind offers of lends, and advice.

I did the Indy 500 this afternoon, and won the Jag. And after about 5 attempts, have just won the first race in the Historic Racing Car Cup. It was tough but fun!

I really fancy doing the second race, but my eyes are boggled right now.
 
If it took you five tries to complete the first race in first place, then it will take you even more to win the second. Be prepared. Personally I find them both to be quite easy to beat with a Ford GT40, Ford Mark IV, Jaguar XJ13 and Ferrari 330 P4. It's too easy if you use a Toyota 7 or Chaparral 2J. By the way, you could have just done the B-Spec Like the Wind race. Much shorter than Indy 500 and the prize car is the Toyota 7.
 
The second race is tougher than the first. but can be done easily if you set the tranny down a few clicks. You dont have enough long striaghts to justify a higher setting on that track. acceleration out of the turns is key. It's a fun race , your going to like it.
 
Against my better judgement I raced in the Cote D'Azur race and won 1st go. It was so much easier than the 1st race.

I did consider B-Speccing up to Ride the Wind, but curiosity got the better of me. I'll get there soon enough anyway.
 
Against my better judgement I raced in the Cote D'Azur race and won 1st go. It was so much easier than the 1st race.

I did consider B-Speccing up to Ride the Wind, but curiosity got the better of me. I'll get there soon enough anyway.


Congrats! Yeah, the first race can be tough even with the Jag, because the 2J and Toyota 7 are so much faster in those long straights. I didn't take it seriously the first time and they caught up to me and passed me at the very end of the last lap. Second go I got it though.

But Cote is a different story with low speeds and sharp turns--the XJ13 slices it up and it wasn't even a race.
 
All I did was win the Indy 500 with the X1 and got the Jag (couldn't have been a more pleasant surprise to get such a wonderful car) slapped some racing softs and a turbo on it. Breezed through it first go on all the races...never could understand why everyone always had so much trouble with it, but I guess with a low budget and no X1, it would be an absolute headache
 
All I did was win the Indy 500 with the X1 and got the Jag (couldn't have been a more pleasant surprise to get such a wonderful car) slapped some racing softs and a turbo on it. Breezed through it first go on all the races...never could understand why everyone always had so much trouble with it, but I guess with a low budget and no X1, it would be an absolute headache

Getting the Toyota 7 is a lot easier in my opinion (I won't bother with A-Spec endurance) plus the Toyota 7 is much better than all of the historic race cars, except for the 2J.
 
Getting the Toyota 7 is a lot easier in my opinion (I won't bother with A-Spec endurance) plus the Toyota 7 is much better than all of the historic race cars, except for the 2J.

The 7 may be "easier" to get, but if you haven't done any B-spec racing it will take much longer to get to the Like the Wind race than simply do the two hour Indy endurance race. It depends where you're at.

I have no idea why you won't "bother" with A-spec Endurance. The XJ13 is easily one of the coolest prize cars in the game, being one of the three 20,000,000 credit 60's race cars. On top of that, it is arguably the most beautifully rendered Premium car in the game. It's a must-do race. When I realized I could then knock off the Historic Cup with it, it was a win-win-win situation.
 
All I did was win the Indy 500 with the X1 and got the Jag (couldn't have been a more pleasant surprise to get such a wonderful car) slapped some racing softs and a turbo on it. Breezed through it first go on all the races...never could understand why everyone always had so much trouble with it, but I guess with a low budget and no X1, it would be an absolute headache

People have trouble with it because you get to this race way before you are a high enough level to get the Jag. Without the Jag, or another 60's race car, this race is one of the hardest in the game.
 
People have trouble with it because you get to this race way before you are a high enough level to get the Jag. Without the Jag, or another 60's race car, this race is one of the hardest in the game.

I gotcha now, I see that my passing over it at first and then revisiting it after I had a proper car made it seem easier. I recommend going through the Indy race to get the XJ13 anyways though, its an absolute joy to drive! :)
 
Back