Historic Racing Car Cup

  • Thread starter Thread starter DaveHMCFC
  • 47 comments
  • 3,602 views
Welcome to GTP. This forum has a very handy search function. If you gave it a shot before starting this thread, I'm sure you could've found this thread very easily: Historic Racing Cup Guide

:gtpflag:
 
Any tips on Cote D'Azur B-Spec? Settings etc? I've won the other race, but can only manage 2nd in this.

I've got the Jag and the Toyota.
 
Any tips on Cote D'Azur B-Spec? Settings etc? I've won the other race, but can only manage 2nd in this.

I've got the Jag and the Toyota.

You'll probably need a driver with a mildly hot-headed temper and the Toyota 7 on Racing tires, since it'll spend most of the time in the 'red zone' as the Chaparral and/or other Toyota 7s will be sniffing your tailpipes constantly. When your driver comes out of Portier, issue the 'decrease pace' command, so that your chauffeur gets out of the mental rev-limiter, else it'll pile into the armco at Nouvelle chicane in every lap. Issue the 'increase pace' command coming out of Sainte Devote and up Beau Rivage, that's where the AI loses time and your driver may open a few seconds of a lead.
 
I did with my 2J had to try two times tho and set top speed in trans to 250 km because u don't go over 240 and made acceleration better
 
Why is cote a rolling start now and used to be standing? I beat it with the JAG and after over 30 tries with Toyota and JAG. I saved replay of my win. It's standing start. Now I replayed it yesterday and its a rolling start.
 
dschoene
You'll probably need a driver with a mildly hot-headed temper and the Toyota 7 on Racing tires, since it'll spend most of the time in the 'red zone' as the Chaparral and/or other Toyota 7s will be sniffing your tailpipes constantly. When your driver comes out of Portier, issue the 'decrease pace' command, so that your chauffeur gets out of the mental rev-limiter, else it'll pile into the armco at Nouvelle chicane in every lap. Issue the 'increase pace' command coming out of Sainte Devote and up Beau Rivage, that's where the AI loses time and your driver may open a few seconds of a lead.

Cheers for that. My driver hits that barrier every bloody time... and it's driving me mad.

Any tips for settings? I've already set it to max at 162 mph as I didn't think I'd need any more on this circuit.
 
Cheers for that. My driver hits that barrier every bloody time... and it's driving me mad.

Any tips for settings? I've already set it to max at 162 mph as I didn't think I'd need any more on this circuit.

I didn't change any setup item except the gear ratio. For all their driving stupidity, the B-Spec's seem to be able to get along with even ridiculously overpowered car, so you can even slap in some more horses in the Seven for added grunt.
Basically all I had to do was making sure that the chauffeur wasn't maxing the red bar towards Nouvelle chicane and that it gave it the wellies up Beau Rivage to overtake or open a gap.
 
Just borrow a 2J!
 
Just borrow a 2J!

You're talking about a box on wheels, that had a fan shoved up it's bottom. You'll have to suspend your aesthetic sensibilities to run that thing voluntarily :lol:
A Toyota 7 or racing jag are obtainable without lucking out in the UCD or borrowing another car.
 
You're talking about a box on wheels, that had a fan shoved up it's bottom. You'll have to suspend your aesthetic sensibilities to run that thing voluntarily :lol:
A Toyota 7 or racing jag are obtainable without lucking out in the UCD or borrowing another car.

Read the OP! He wants to beat it. I don't think he cares for tuning settings, or some of the other talk in this thread. Frankly I'm surprised it went on for 37 post without someone mentioning the 2J.

If you want to bash the 2J great! That doesn't help the OP out though.
 
Read the OP! He wants to beat it. I don't think he cares for tuning settings, or some of the other talk in this thread. Frankly I'm surprised it went on for 37 post without someone mentioning the 2J.

If you want to bash the 2J great! That doesn't help the OP out though.

Did you READ those 37 posts? Then you might have noticed that several people have explained how to beat it. Use a Toyota Seven or a Jag, both obtainable as prize cars. :ouch:
 
Please tell me what car to win the indy 500 if m oney is tight. i need to win a jag,
Thks
 
To be fair, I'm not arsed about which car I do it in. I just want to complete this race on 1st.... in B-Spec.
All your info is appreciated.

Btw I started the thread when I was doing it in A-Spec, but now I've done that, I'm interested in how to do it in B-Spec.

Cheers.
 
To be fair, I'm not arsed about which car I do it in. I just want to complete this race on 1st.... in B-Spec.
All your info is appreciated.

Btw I started the thread when I was doing it in A-Spec, but now I've done that, I'm interested in how to do it in B-Spec.

Cheers.

PM me if you want to use the 2J.

The beauty of community...
 
unless your bob is a level 27 or higher, the only car he'll win with is the 2J. If you want to watch someone deliberately drive like a blind man, run him in the toyota 7, and be prepared to yell at a fictional character on your TV :dunce:
 
I just beat it with a 2j, level 18 bob. I set the transmission down to around 160 and used racing hard as it was a borrowed car. I had first in the second lap and never looked back!
 
Wahay! Just done it with the Toyota 7 and level 23 driver.

Best advice I can give is hang back and ease off after the tunnel to avoid the crashes. Maintain a nice steady pace along the front, and then go balls out to the top of the hill. Was behind the rocket box most of the way, but bided my time, and took him on lap 8.

Cheers folks!
 
unless your bob is a level 27 or higher, the only car he'll win with is the 2J. If you want to watch someone deliberately drive like a blind man, run him in the toyota 7, and be prepared to yell at a fictional character on your TV :dunce:

LOL... :dopey:

So true... I did exactly that... :) I truly lost it that day :dunce:
 
Back