History of Nürburgring

  • Thread starter Thread starter TheGr8one
  • 39 comments
  • 3,744 views
meeshka
Thanks to the OP and the rest of you who added tidbits for all the Nurburgring info. Love that place.

I would so love to see the old Spa in GT5, as well as the modern GP course. And while I'm at it, I'd love to see Mosport in there too. It was the home of the Canadian GP in the 60s and 70s (maybe even the 50s?), it's just been resurfaced and widened - it's so ripe for being GT5ed.




Hans Stuck did a 7:49 around the Nordschleife in a BMW X5 that was packing, if memory serves, BMW's Le Mans V12.
http://www.bsmotoring.com/2002/02jan05_2.htm

Any he tracks in Sports Car GT on the PC would be nice but they may still be licensed to EA.
 
Wow, the sudschliefe looks like a very treacherous drive. Seems pretty deadly.
 
Emohawk
That'd be great. Why should Fuji Speedway have more variations then the 'ring?
1) Nordschelife only
2) Nordschelife + Südschleife
3) Nordschelife + GP circut
4) GP circut only
5) Südschleife only


Well , that would really be great ( maybe even too much ? )

Anyway there was also a very short track called "Betonschleife" .
here it is:
http://www.racingcircuits.net/Germany/Nurburgring%20Betonschleife%20Detailed.gif

And the GP track has shorter versions.http://www.racingcircuits.net/Germany/index.html
Check them at
 
Great history. I was fortunate to be able to attend the 1963 F1 race then still run on Nordschelife. I was right at the start finish, which I don't think was where it is in the game, and the sound of the F1 cars firing up was just amazing! Anyway I don't remember much about the race (probably due to copious amounts of German beer). But I do remember watching the cars leave on the first lap then waiting 7-8 minutes for the pack to return and drive by at speed. So it was Cars - 1 or 2 beers - cars - 1 or 2 beers ... etc. hence the memory problem... :)
 
bringtherain
Is the real pit where the pit is in GT4
thats one of the old pits. todays pits, which were already used in the past, are on the modern GP track which can be entered (irl) by not going through the last righthander.
 
bigjoe
Great history. I was fortunate to be able to attend the 1963 F1 race then still run on Nordschelife. I was right at the start finish, which I don't think was where it is in the game, and the sound of the F1 cars firing up was just amazing! Anyway I don't remember much about the race (probably due to copious amounts of German beer). But I do remember watching the cars leave on the first lap then waiting 7-8 minutes for the pack to return and drive by at speed. So it was Cars - 1 or 2 beers - cars - 1 or 2 beers ... etc. hence the memory problem... :)

Hi bigjoe

Sounds you guys had A LOT of FUN! :cheers:

And I'm happy to believe that I'm not the oldest regular visitor and player of GT4 on the planet anymore (me being 42). Respect to you :bowdown: I MUST tell this to my wife...haha :)

I hear a lot of the spirit you enountered during your '63 F1 race can still be found there on the 24 hours races (same goes for Le Mans as well) 👍
 
I've seen a site that listed time records for everything from Bellofs 6'25 to a 13'XX run in a little Fiat, and then an hour or so long record on a Bicycle, and one that was like 3 or 4 hours on foot...

'I Ran the Nurburgring, and all I got was a lung full of exhaust.'
 
Back