Hmmmm

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mazda6sTuner
  • 30 comments
  • 1,455 views
Messages
44
Umm is it just me, or is GT4 a wee bit biased? I love the game a LOT, but i noticed some things. For instance, It has the 500 hp BMW M5, not the current 400hp M5.... The 500 HP one isnt due out till next year. It also has the BMW 330i. The game was out before the car was even released to the public.

Yet, it has the first edition Corvette Z06 with only 385hp. Since then, there was a second edition with an added color and 20 more hp to 405HP. It didn't even mention the C6. Also, the Chevy SSR in the game has 290HP. A couple years after its launch it became standard with 390 HP, making it much quicker. I wont mention the new Pontiac GTO which now has 400 HP because i'll assume that the specs on that car was released after the game was mostly done.

Was GM just one the bottom of the list for desire or did they just not get the info in time? Just wondering.... :odd:
 
Probobably because they didn't get all the cars in time... I also think that some of the companies were involved in the selection. Like BMW wants to send their best CURRENT models, and the M5 in the game. there is only ONE M5 and it comes with a 500BHP V10..
I am disappionted that the C6 isn't there.. when it SHOULD be. There are a lot of cars that should and shouldn't be in the game but take not that most of these cars a taken from the Japanese Domestic Market, getting american and euro cars there is like getting JDM cars and euro specialty cars here. It's hard
 
Haha, I love that picture. I agree with you 6. I can understand all the Skylines and Imprezas, since it's a Japanese game, but I was surprised to see the M5. I had just read about the next 330i in Automobile when the game came out and usually the magazines get the car in advanced for testing.
 
s12ken
I am disappionted that the C6 isn't there.. when it SHOULD be. There are a lot of cars that should and shouldn't be in the game but take not that most of these cars a taken from the Japanese Domestic Market, getting american and euro cars there is like getting JDM cars and euro specialty cars here. It's hard

Thats true. It probably was a bit tough now that i think about it. And it is sad the C6 wasn't there. It would have been interesting to see a Stock C6 Vs. a C5 Z06. Oh well. Mabye in GT5.

Also, one more thing that has been on my mind. My fave car so far based on acceleration is the Skyline GT-R Concept. I was surprised at how the car just sticks to the ground on any str8 line acceleration. But, why on EARTH would Nissan make it an Auto? I mean... sure its got 7 Speeds and seamless acceleration, but....ITS AN AUTOMATIC! Well, i guess they think that Mercedes can get away with all thier cars being slushboxes, no matter what name the stick on it (SL65=Speedshift, M Class=Direct Select, etc.), they can do it too!
 
It's really puzzling why some of their cars are in auto... actually i just slap in a 6MT from the tuning shop :D
 
Yeah there was somethings i noticed that should have been put in and especially about the 20 extra hp that needs to be added to the vette. O well, i would really like the C6 to be put in there
 
Hmmmmmm... have the opposite problem. I wanted to see the OLD M5s in the game... :p

I think BMW was more involved in GT than GM was, considering they had preview code available for marketing the 1-series before the release of GT4. In fact, I think BMW is a lot more involved now than it previously was... raise your hands if you remember how crappy our Beemer selection was in GT3... one can only hope that other car companies get in on the bandwagon, to stop PD from using reworked models of their cars that reflect poorly on their abilities.
 
👍 old M5's rock.,. the one from the early nineties is definantly muh favorite, it was a very chunky very mean looking machine.
 
if only they put in some old E30s (my car :)). seems car companies only have an interest in promoting their current line up (understandibly so). i guess they should consider more historical content in order to improve on general brand affinity. After all it would be great to have a late 80s race a'la bathurst pre skylines...
 
I would have loved to see the new 05' corvette in the game.
 
coolacrille
First time I saw that banner I drove off the road. Why is it there?

is that even real? looks chopped!
 
coolacrille
First time I saw that banner I drove off the road. Why is it there?

Piston engine goes "boing boing boing" but the Mazda goes "Hmmmmmm"
Old Mazda slogan.

It's Mazda Raceway now.
 
Mazda6sTuner
Umm is it just me, or is GT4 a wee bit biased? I love the game a LOT, but i noticed some things. For instance, It has the 500 hp BMW M5, not the current 400hp M5.... The 500 HP one isnt due out till next year. It also has the BMW 330i. The game was out before the car was even released to the public.

These cars are availible in Europe now, and have been for about a year. The US gets these cars soon enough. I was also disappointed in no C6, but the abundant BMW collection made me happy enough to ignore that :)
 
coolacrille
First time I saw that banner I drove off the road. Why is it there?

hahaha, when I first saw it I went "hmmmm thats odd"

barryl85, my picture is cropped, not chopped :sly:
 
Noticing on how Mazda engines supossedly go 'Hmmmmmm' is that the Renesis Rotary engine only? Because my Mazda V-6 has more of a....."Brmmmmmmm'. But one thing is for sure, it has plenty 'Zoom Zoom'! :dopey:


I wonder why they didn't put the V-6 mazda6 in the game... much better sounding than the I4. Oh well.
 
it's funny how everyone drove off the road cause of that hmmmmmmmmmm banner... a real eyecatcher, and funny!
 
Originally it has the Mazda logo then says Mazda Rx-8 or something.
 
Mazda6sTuner
It has the 500 hp BMW M5, not the current 400hp M5.... The 500 HP one isnt due out till next year.
There is no current 400Bhp M5, unless you still get the old one. The NEW M5 has 400Bhp when you start it up but theres a button to push that gives you the full 506Bhp. As for the older ones, PD can't use older BMW M cars due to licences with EA.
 
Mazda6sTuner
I wonder why they didn't put the V-6 mazda6 in the game... much better sounding than the I4. Oh well.

Hey, they have the Mazdaspeed 6 and the 6 touring car (very cool!) so I'm happy enough :)
 
kylehnat
Hey, they have the Mazdaspeed 6 and the 6 touring car (very cool!) so I'm happy enough :)

Yeh, i was surprised to see the 6 in the game at all, much less 4 variants (even tho the concept and the regular Mazda6 are pratically the same)
 
Mazda6sTuner
Yeh, i was surprised to see the 6 in the game at all, much less 4 variants (even tho the concept and the regular Mazda6 are pratically the same)

The concept isn't a 5-door :lol:
 
kylehnat
The concept isn't a 5-door :lol:

Actually, yeh it is. Look at its profile. The rear window comes back to far to have a trunk opening. I have a sedan in the garage right now. Also, the sedan doesnt come with the rear window wiper like the concept does.
 
As i've said before... this game is JA-PA-NE-SE in nature... so what's available there goes in.. and what other manufacturers wanna put in, they'll put in..
 
elctrk!
there are no old m5's

If your talking about in GT4 then you are quite right, no old M5's. If you are talking about the real world then you are quite wrong.

E39 BMW M5



Regards

Scaff
 
Back