Homologation Road Cars Tourney: Main Discussion Thread [and Final Standings]

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jetboy.
  • 89 comments
  • 4,920 views
If you want it... 👍


I'm launching the openning thread. Even with only six possibly commited drivers. I'm hoping to capture more attention in this series's duration. This will also now be converted as the discussion thread. :D



Cheers,
Jetboy
 
are all tires permitted?
 
N3's (Or properly named, Road Tires.). I better specify that. Thanks, mate.👍

Cheers,
Jetboy
 
I did say "if you could handle her..." :lol: If you really desperately need to switch cars, PM me with what you want.

Cheers,
Jetboy
 
n3's on my alpine a110.:scared:

I hope you understand weight transfer :)

If I remember correctly, this car is a bit twitchy, and once you steer it, it will throw itself into that direction... it also likes to follow the curvature of the road very well. So for some courses/corners this car is fantastic... for others you will die very often.
 
If I remember correctly, this car is a bit twitchy, and once you steer it, it will throw itself into that direction... it also likes to follow the curvature of the road very well. So for some courses/corners this car is fantastic... for others you will die very often.

May I correct a bit? It's fantastic for technical courses, but you will die no matter what course it is. :p

So yeah, sign me up with the Stratos. A more enjoyable car doesn't exist, ever since the Alpine was taken...
 
Alrighty. ;)

Cheers,
Jetboy
 
May I correct a bit? It's fantastic for technical courses, but you will die no matter what course it is. :p

So yeah, sign me up with the Stratos. A more enjoyable car doesn't exist, ever since the Alpine was taken...

Not sure on what basis the corrction is being made here.

On some courses, you want the car to dive in to a corner, and this car is perfect for that (if you can control and correctly anticipate the weight transfer). Other courses are just too hard to do it repeatedly without crashing.
 
The correction is more of an addition - it will kill you, everywhere, if you're not prepared for it. Though, transition from grip to sliding is verrrrry smooth on N3s, so it's a little safer...
 
..and it's not exactly like this car is producing 506 horsepower or anything. :lol: It should be....a challenge to drive. It'll be rewarding if you're a really good driver, however.


Cheers,
Jetboy
 
With N3's it's a whole different league. My Bimmer likes sideways a lot.
 
..and it's not exactly like this car is producing 506 horsepower or anything. :lol: It should be....a challenge to drive. It'll be rewarding if you're a really good driver, however.

Yup - remarkably light, too. Laps El Capitan at a very impressive pace...
 
if i can get my ps2 to work ill drive the Lancia Delta :D
 
is it alright if i have a go at this one too with the Lancer Evoloution I '92 plz
 
:cool: I'll put you as a tentative for the car, Ev0.

Ren-Tec
is it alright if i have a go at this one too with the ???? plz
The who? :lol:


Cheers,
Jetboy
 
Sorry about that but i noticed EvO 4 drifter wanted the one i went for, so i changed my choice of car 👍
Lancer Evoloution I '92
 
Alright man, thank you and here's to good racing. :cheers:


Cheers,
Jetboy
 
if you don't mind I would like to get in on this one.

I will be in the 83 Nissan 240RS
 
Gotcha. :)


Cheers,
Jetboy
 
The 87' Skyline GTS-R is what I would like to be placed in for this race, if possible. Thanks.
 
At the request of two other members, I've managed to find six other cars to add to this little mess. :) They'll be in this post, and added to the first post. I guess I'll call you all in for a review of what cars you want and so on.

Subaru Imprezza WRX STi '94 (+/-0% Power, +/-0% Weight.)

Chevrolet Corvette C1 '54 (+20% Power, -10% Weight.)

Lotus Elan S1 '62 (+/-0% Power, +/-0% Weight.)

Toyota 2000GT Coube '67 (+20% Power, -10% Weight.)

Mazda RX-7 Infini III (+8% Power, +/-0% Weight.)

Ford Focus RS (+/-0% Power, +/-0% Weight.)



Cheers,
Jetboy
 
Now that the '02 Focus RS is on the list, guess I'll trade in my Bimmer. Is it ok with you guys? Still plenty of time for practice with the new car.
 
Yeah, you're fine mate. I set the due-date back a week, for April 7th. So, I'm expecting things to get a little shaky before then. 👍


Cheers,
Jetboy
 
I may drop in and out of this as my work schedule permits it that's Ok?

Sign me up for the monstrous Renault 5 Turbo '80! Wicked little car! :eek:
 
Fine by me. :)

Good to see you in here mate, and no problems with your intermittent racings here... This is kinda open tourney, anyway. 👍 Thanks for joining in the fun. :D



Cheers,
Jetboy
 
WRX for sure!!! but i reckon it has a bit of an advantage but we'll just have to wait and see...cheers jetboy427:tup: 👍 :crazy:
 
I'm moving to the Elan!
 
Can I join in?
If I can Ill have the 2000GT.:)
 
Back