Honda Fan Club - under new management

• Thread starter THE ED3
  • 4,581 comments

THE ED3

(Banned)
I am creating this thread for all of us fans of the great company that is Honda. Be it their four wheeled wonders, their 2 wheeled domination or the things they do that have no wheels at all... If you love Honda products like me, please join.

To join, simply send me a PM.

Current members: 15 :)

THE ED3
Mugenvtec
~SP33~
barryl85
HondaRacer
McLaren F1GTR
ultrabeat
SRV2LOW4ME
appie17
sllau
Wangan Ninja
CRADLE of SIN
ROB 256R
Mclaren_Man
tougemonster

----->LOOK-IE HERE <----

Member lists will now be updated by me, ~Sp33~ If you would like to join, plz contact me either through PM or through this thread. The only thing you must bring along is your love for hondas.

Current member list stands at: 40 :)
Mugenvtec
~SP33~
barryl85
HondaRacer
McLaren F1GTR
ultrabeat
SRV2LOW4ME
appie17
sllau
Wangan Ninja
CRADLE of SIN
ROB 256R
Mclaren_Man
tougemonster
DDMv2
Boz Mon
Vexd
Neocrox
Master_Yoda
Integra Type R
Time_Attack
GT Pro (NSX Freak!)
djblackmon
InsaneRacer
Keef
h3h3h3_213
vtec91
Monteclaro
G.T
oODrifterOo
lthiele
3GAccord
Thirdeye
TB
Honda Prelude
noobie 4 ever
EXelero
LoudMusic
foamy_302
Quick99si
DC5dude

Have fun! and thanks for being part of the team!👍

~Sp33~

HondaRacer
Can someone find me a good 1024x768 background of the ARTA NSX? This fan club looks awesome btw.

thanks.

http://www.globetown.net/~akira_n/040403/P4030031.JPG
http://www.globetown.net/~akira_n/04JGTC_TI.html

Thats Some dam freakin' fine 4 daws there. I love that Grey one thats in the showroom. Whats the go with the different front ends that it has ( along with a couple of others) i dont think australia got that model, dam shame though, looks super fine.

the usdm and jdm bumpers are different and the 88/89 bumpers are differnt from the 90/91 bumpers. I look forward to the pics of your sedan.

I'll join. It does, after all, make one of my favorite cars in the world.

what car is that?

How do i get that done.. how much you reckon itll cost? i dont just wanna cut the original ones... Ill only be able to drop it like.. 1.5 inch, as you can see muh driveway is pretty unforgiving to low cars - it eats spoilers for breakfast

~Sp33~

*strokes goatee*

Ill add that to the list of things i want to do to it :P

Im just looking at some JDM front conversion.. there like $900 AUS, thats not to bad... Are you able to just get away with buying the headlights and the bumper filler... and the grill? Do you have to get the bonnet and the bumper? Coz theyre the most expensive pieces of crud

you must guy everything. They jdm and non jdm style parts do not work together. If you can afford a full front clip thats the way to go. With an engine is even better... But like I've said before since you have carbs its going to be a ***** to put a fuel injected engine in there if you ever chose to.

~Sp33~
How do i get that done.. how much you reckon itll cost? i dont just wanna cut the original ones... Ill only be able to drop it like.. 1.5 inch, as you can see muh driveway is pretty unforgiving to low cars - it eats spoilers for breakfast

~Sp33~

Eibach Sportline 1.6 - 1.8 inch. Thats enough for a EF, believe me lol

Around 500$

lol yeah, theyre not all that far off the ground to begin with. I reckon once i put some larger wheels on it ( probably 15"s) then it should look more proportioned.

Should be getting those 88' 89' bumpers soon. ( need work first.. stupid people decide not to give me any shifts when i buy muh car.. grr)

~Sp33~

Well my favourite Honda is a Civic EK9 Type-r especially in championship white - B16b engine 185bhp 0-60 in 5.7secs (Standard)(heres why - http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1045002474786397554&q=civic+type-r) but the UK didnt get this model and there is only about 11 of them imported and im not made of money so im gonna have to settle for its little brother 'the VTI' which also has the B16 but its the B16a2 168bhp 0-60 in 7.2secs, alot of people hate the B16 engine due to it being not very 'torquey' and not having enough power at lower revs! I only have a 1.4 16v 90bhp EK4 3dr hatchback just now - i love it but it just aint got enough power - i will get some pics posted of it, its a clean little car!

I dont only love honda for their cars i love their motorbikes as well - theres one i've always been fascinated and its one that was a failure. It is the Honda 750 NR (was always reffered to and joked about NR = Never Ready)

It had two oval pistons formed from four, each cylinder had eight valves, problem was it suffered from cracked oil seals and Honda gave up on it.

Anybody else know of this bike and engine?

Barry

I have copied this from honda-tech. It was posted by the user altoid.

Real Time 4 Wheel drive

General
When there is no difference in speed between the No.1 and viscous coupling unit (No.2 propeller shaft) , power is transmitted to the front wheels through the front differential and the front driveshafts. The left driveshaft is connected to the differential by an intermediate shaft, The power is also turned 90 degrees by the transfer gears and transmitted to the No.1 propeller shaft. Whenever there is any speed difference between the No.1 propeller shaft and viscous coupling unit (No.2 propeller shaft), power is transmitted to the rear wheels via the viscous coupling unit, the No.2 and No,3 propeller shafts, the rear differential and the rear driveshafts.

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr?i=wNTU5NDk2czQxM2RmZDMxeTU0MQ==

Front Driveshaft
An intermediate shaft equalizes the length and angle of both driveshafts for easier steering on bumpy roads. The driveshaft end of this shaft runs on a bearing which is held by a holder on the engine case. A constant velocity universal joint at each end of the driveshafts ensures quieter operation and longer life. The front wheels run on an angular bearing for reduced friction

Propeller Shaft
The propeller shaft carries power from the transfer to the rear differential. It is of a 2-piece construction and is supported by two rubber mounted bearings. The shaft has four universal joints: one tripod type and three yoke-and-spider type. These joints permit the shaft to lengthen and shorten, as the rear suspension moves.

Viscous Coupling
The viscous coupling unit is located on the front end of the No.2 propeller shaft. It consists of a housing that is connected to the No.1 propeller shaft by a tripod joint. Inside the houning are 79 plates, which have 0.2 mm (0.008 in.) of clearance between one another, surrounded by silicon oil. The 40 housing plates are engaged with the splines in the housing and the 39 hub plates are splined to the shaft. The plates have holes in them to aid in heat dissipation. The viscous coupling unit also contains approximately 10 % air to allow for the thermal expansion of the silicon oil.

Whenever there is any difference in the speed of rotation between the No.1 and No.2 propeller shafts, such as when the front wheels lose traction, there is friction between the housing plates (drive side) and the hub plates (driven side) .This friction is caused by the resistance of the plates sliding against the silicon oil. This resistance between the plates and the silicon oil is what begins to transmit torque from the housing plates to the hub plates and eventually to the rear wheels. This transmission of torque is proportionate to the difference in the speed of rotation of the wheels.

As the difference in propeller shaft speed continues, the temperature of the silicon oil keeps rising. Due to thermal expansion, the pressure inside the viscous coupling unit is also increasing as the temperature rises.
When the pressure becomes high enough, the housing plates begin to contact the hub plates and the engine torque to the rear wheels increases rapidly, as noted in the diagram below. To reduce plate wear, there are spacer rings to limit plate to plate contact.

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr?i=wNTU5NTA2czQxM2RmZDMxeTU0MQ==

Honda Fan Club MA'F....KAAAAAAAAAAA !!!!!

I went to a car auctions yesterday, there was some nice EK sedan and I think I'm in love with the 1.6EL (not the 1.7EL), they are so cuuuuuute...

I went to a car auctions yesterday, there was some nice EK sedan and I think I'm in love with the 1.6EL (not the 1.7EL), they are so cuuuuuute...

I hope you realize no one on gtp will believe you're not homosexual now.

Hey, can I join?

I love Honda, the Accord is great, and I adore the new Civ'.

Back