Honda Mean Mower (1000cc) 2014

• Thread starter StarLight
  • 29 comments
Portugal
Portugal
vd1xj4.jpg

Ladies & Gentlemen ... and now something completely different!
I suggest this lawnmower!
Let me introduce Honda's Mean Mower and officially the world's fastest lawnmower!

687atj.jpg

After six months of spannering in their skunkworks garden shed at Honda's British Touring Car Championship partner, Team Dynamics, the team has emerged to do a track run that has claimed a speed record for World's Fastest Lawnmower, hitting an average of 116.57mph (187km/h).

That trumps the previous record by nearly 50km/h. And to qualify, it still had to be able to cut grass -- although possibly not on the Guinness World Record endorsed speed runs.

The Mean Mower is based on a Honda HF2620 Lawn Tractor, but has been given a completely rebuilt chassis and a 1000cc engine from a Honda VTR Firestorm motorbike. It also benefits from a customised six-speed automatic transmission with F1-style paddle-shifters, a Morris Minor steering rack, Scorpion exhaust system and a Cobra sports seat to replace the normal ride-on pew.

“The original brief for Mean Mower was to create the world’s fastest lawnmower – and now it officially is, by some distance! We are all delighted to hold a Guinness World Records title and we’d like to thank everyone who was involved in what has been a challenging yet incredibly exciting project,” Honda UK said in a statement.

Honda Mean Mower specs :
Engine : V-Twin 1000 cc from Honda VTR Firestorm
Max Power : 110 PS
Max Torque : 96 Nm
Weight : approx. 140 kg
0 - 60 mph (96 kmh) : 4.0 s
Top Speed : 133 mph (214 kmh)
Max Noise Level : 130 db

Honda-Mean-Mower-7.jpg

honda_power_of_dreams_logo-01.jpg

THE OTHER HONDAS ARE HERE:

OTHER VEHICLES ARE HERE

Last edited:
Ladies & Gentlemen ... and now something completely different!

I suggest this lawnmower!

Let me introduce Honda's Mean Mower and officially the world's fastest lawnmower!

After six months of spannering in their skunkworks garden shed at Honda's British Touring Car Championship partner, Team Dynamics, the team has emerged to do a track run that has claimed a speed record for World's Fastest Lawnmower, hitting an average of 116.57mph (187km/h).

That trumps the previous record by nearly 50km/h. And to qualify, it still had to be able to cut grass -- although possibly not on the Guinness World Record endorsed speed runs.

The Mean Mower is based on a Honda HF2620 Lawn Tractor, but has been given a completely rebuilt chassis and a 1000cc engine from a Honda VTR Firestorm motorbike. It also benefits from a customised six-speed automatic transmission with F1-style paddle-shifters, a Morris Minor steering rack, Scorpion exhaust system and a Cobra sports seat to replace the normal ride-on pew.

“The original brief for Mean Mower was to create the world’s fastest lawnmower – and now it officially is, by some distance! We are all delighted to hold a Guinness World Records title and we’d like to thank everyone who was involved in what has been a challenging yet incredibly exciting project,” Honda UK said in a statement.

Honda Mean Mower specs :
Engine : V-Twin 1000 cc from Honda VTR Firestorm
Max Power : 110 PS
Max Torque : 96 Nm
Weight : approx. 140 kg
0 - 60 mph (96 kmh) : 4.0 s
Top Speed : 133 mph (214 kmh)
Max Noise Level : 130 db

Honda-Mean-Mower-7.jpg

honda_power_of_dreams_logo-01.jpg

This is so freakin awesome! How much is it sold for at HomeDepot? hahaha I would Definetly vote YES for having this as a vehicle in GT7 :gtpflag:

I laughed through this, since, you know, lawnmowers are supposed to go at 2 MPH. On the other hand, wait till one mower racing kid shows up in this!

Thank you all for your great support!
You guys are awesome too.
:bowdown:

No, Thank You for finding this and sharing it with the community. This is definitely a place that would appreciate this kind of thing. I could see some people seeing this and being like, "thats stupid, what uh waste of money". But NO, NOT here! A Lawnmower that can do 100+. i bet if they turned on the blade at the bottom that cuts the grass that it would lift up and start to hover and fly away.

GOTTA HAVE IT!!!

A lawn mower with a sport bike engine and F1-style 6spd transmission? Honda turn this premium piece of lawn maintenance machinery into a hardcore Lawn Mower/Shifter-Kart Racing Hybrid that can both mow grass and shred asphalt.

This magnificent mowing machine is a prime example of what happens if Lawn Mowers had no restrictions on parts used, and it's a GREAT thing. It's a specialty vehicle that can please Lawn Mower racers, Shifter-Kart racers, and motorcyclists alike! It's even a mower approved by Top Gear's serious but silent racing driver, The Stig! :D:tup:

This machine would be great for Goodwood - just think of all those grass verges. But going off road at Willow would probably blunt the blades somewhat. :P

Seriously though a full race grid with these mowers would be sure something to see - and be great fun to drive in.

Nice suggestion StarLight. 👍

That was the whole purpose of the video I posted 2 weeks ago.

Back