Honda NSX LM Road Car

  • Thread starter Thread starter zwampen
  • 17 comments
  • 3,510 views
Messages
1
Does this extremely hot NSX exist in reality?



sorry if i posted this in the wrong forum, but i didn't know where to post it...
 
Team666
Not really, but Honda are coing to release the Honda NSX-R GT, wich will look quite similar, but "only" have the usual NSX-R engine.
http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/nsx-r_gt.asp

:irked:

Silliest air scope ever.. Dumbass way to ruin a good profile....

nsxrgt05_02.jpg
 
Probably not the right forum... This should be in the general section of the GT4 forum.

Yes, you are 100% right about the stupidly mahoosive scoop, Flerbizky!

As far as I know, Team666 is right - the car in GT4 has not and will not go into production, but a car similar in design will be. Although it won't have the same engine either.

DE
 
Hmmmm.. There is something called the NSX GT500.. It looks a lot more like the NSX LM than the NSX-R GT does...

2313-1.jpg
 
Flerbizky
Hmmmm.. There is something called the NSX GT500.. It looks a lot more like the NSX LM than the NSX-R GT does...
Yeah, but thats a super gt racecar, not a roadcar... wich atleast I thought was the issue, as the LM roadcar was depicted.
On the other hand, the NSX-R GT is based on a NSX GT500, so I´d say those two look alike.
 
Team666
Yeah, but thats a super gt racecar, not a roadcar... wich atleast I thought was the issue, as the LM roadcar was depicted.
On the other hand, the NSX-R GT is based on a NSX GT500, so I´d say those two look alike.
Agreed - But the LM Road Car from GT4 has the same (or close to) fat flared fenders as the GT500. The NSX-R GT lacks those - Which from what I can tell is the main difference - Styling wise...
 
Flerbizky
:irked:

Silliest air scope ever.. Dumbass way to ruin a good profile....

nsxrgt05_02.jpg

While the scoop IS hideous, I can imagine that it does cause a performance gain , although they could have flattened it to match the profile.
 
Flerbizky
Agreed - But the LM Road Car from GT4 has the same (or close to) fat flared fenders as the GT500. The NSX-R GT lacks those - Which from what I can tell is the main difference - Styling wise...
Agreed! And another difference between the LM and the GT is the styling of the roofscoop. Seems wider on the LM.
 
That kind of airscoop would make sense only if it would have massive belt-driven supercharger..
 
95GTIVR6
While the scoop IS hideous, I can imagine that it does cause a performance gain , although they could have flattened it to match the profile.
But Honda Puhleease..

Last time they had an NSX on Top Gear, they talked about stuff that was changed to save weigth.. Eg. the little bag around the gearlever was changed from a leather thingy to a 50grams lighter Carbon Fiber mesh bag.. People with time like that on their hands should be able to find a less hideous way of getting air into the engine....
 
Team666
Agreed! And another difference between the LM and the GT is the styling of the roofscoop. Seems wider on the LM.
Quite a bit wider now that you mention it !....
 
The NSX-R LM Road Car did exist, it was tested against a few other cars, italian super cars and an M3. I think that Road Car is just PD's way of adding a homologation car to the line up since all JGTC race cars are homologated anyway.
 
Do you have any proof, because the NSX-R LM according to GT Concept was designed by PD as their interpretation of what it could be.
 
Honda needs a production car so that they can upgrade their JGTC NSX. I read somewhere that they produced 5 of these road cars, and (barely) meets the limit of being a production car. Therefore, they are able to modify their JGTC car, in attempt to reinvigorate the race car.
 
live4speed
Do you have any proof, because the NSX-R LM according to GT Concept was designed by PD as their interpretation of what it could be.

My bad I was confused, it was NSX-R. That LM Road Car in GT is some sort of made up design. Wasn't the NSX supposed to be in the LM 24 hour race?
 
Team666
Not really, but Honda are coing to release the Honda NSX-R GT, wich will look quite similar, but "only" have the usual NSX-R engine.
http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/nsx-r_gt.asp
It's been released for quite a while now. Only 5 were made I think and were all somehow, sold before sight.

Honda claims it's meant as a collector car rather than a sports car to drive every now and then and to commemorate the NSX racing years.

The Road Car is not real as said. It was just PD's design off the real LM Race Car.


SavageEvil
My bad I was confused, it was NSX-R. That LM Road Car in GT is some sort of made up design. Wasn't the NSX supposed to be in the LM 24 hour race?
It was until an engine failure.

Flerbizky
Hmmmm.. There is something called the NSX GT500.. It looks a lot more like the NSX LM than the NSX-R GT does...

GT500=JGTC
NSX LM=NSX GT1 from Le Mans
nsx_gt1_1995.jpg
 
Back