Honda p-nut

• Thread starter Krog
  • 31 comments
Bkmar495
http://automobiles.honda.com/mobile/p-nut/

Sorry I couldn't actually include pictures, just copy and paste the text above.

As most people are talking about the new NSX, I thought a reality check was in order. Anyway, Honda p-nut, all I can say is BWAHAHAHA!!:lol:

I love Honda, and I realize that car companies these days try to appeal to environmentalists (Japanese mostly), but p-nut? Really? This looks like a clown car on LSD and has a nameakin to a lovable Disney robot circus monkey.

So what are your thoughts on this thing and the clown car movement in itself? Are you proud, enlightened, or humiliated and disgusted?

I'd say it look's alot better than alot of car's around it's size. I'd buy it in a heartbeat if it's price matches it's size.

So what are your thoughts on this thing and the clown car movement in itself? Are you proud, enlightened, or humiliated and disgusted?

There have always been small cars and city cars because there have always been crowded, congested cities with limited parking. This, and other "clown cars" are simply a different take on them.

Making a cheap vehicle that can make traffic jams and rat runs fun is infinitely more clever than making a supercar or luxury saloon, because as a car company you get very limited returns from tiny cars so they invariably have to require pretty clever engineering solutions to give people what they want while keeping costs down.

Particularly in cities you'll find in Japan, cars are competing with very efficient public transport, and currently losing. Thus you have to make city cars a more attractive solution somehow, and crazy designs like this P-Nut are the result of that. As are any of the other concepts at the Tokyo show last year, or cars like the Renault Twizy, or the Smart Fortwo, or old Kei-class sports cars like the Cappuccino.

homeforsummer
There have always been small cars and city cars because there have always been crowded, congested cities with limited parking. This, and other "clown cars" are simply a different take on them.

Making a cheap vehicle that can make traffic jams and rat runs fun is infinitely more clever than making a supercar or luxury saloon, because as a car company you get very limited returns from tiny cars so they invariably have to require pretty clever engineering solutions to give people what they want while keeping costs down.

Particularly in cities you'll find in Japan, cars are competing with very efficient public transport, and currently losing. Thus you have to make city cars a more attractive solution somehow, and crazy designs like this P-Nut are the result of that. As are any of the other concepts at the Tokyo show last year, or cars like the Renault Twizy, or the Smart Fortwo, or old Kei-class sports cars like the Cappuccino.

You just made me like practical cars. Must... resist... dark side... :lol:

I don't know if I'd shell out for one. Doesn't exactly butter my bread, and I don't think it would make my friends jelly. Still with the Honda badge it has plenty of brand cashew. Its styling is a bit off the walnut though.

peter_vod69
I don't know if I'd shell out for one. Doesn't exactly butter my bread, and I don't think it would make my friends jelly. Still with the Honda badge it has plenty of brand cashew. Its styling is a bit off the walnut though.

Nyuk nyuk nyuk

The Tata eMO EV concept has similar look.
10116993481638076937.jpg

Honda P-NUT
PNUT_1.jpg

That was unvailed at Detroit the other day.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/01/06/tata-emo-the-20-000-ev-youll-never-set-eyes-on/

Tata Motors, maker of the Nano EV, has been working on new concept -- the eMO -- that it already tells us, we'll never see...Back in the real world, however, we'll be seeing at least a little more of this fantastical EV as the firm enters it into the Michelin Challenge Design at next week's Detroit Auto Show.

The concept will be nothing more than that, a concept.

Won't be able to look at this car without imagining Ronnie Coleman inside.

Ain't nothin but a P-Nut.

Omnis
Won't be able to look at this car without imagining Ronnie Coleman inside.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wH3B4qP1Xlc">YouTube Link</a>

Ain't nothin but a P-Nut.

Ronnie Coleman can't fit in there! It ain't nothin but a p-nut!

Eunos_Cosmo
I imagine that the Herpes Virus looks somewhat similar to that.

Smooth, white, tacky, box like, birdlike, and with a new car smell? Hey, that doesn't sound too bad.

Cars name nowadays just can't get any sillier eh? P-nut? In all seriousness I failed to see anything like a peanut with the car. Or does it mean by you need a nut to park the car? I don't know. It's making me foolish...

How did I miss this? Athough it has the most ridiculous name ever, the P-nut concept looks amazing! This would be the perfect car for cities like Hong Kong or Tokyo and the emerging markets. If it is cheap to run then I would take one in a second.

Back