Hopefully more original tracks

• Thread starter RickyBFC92
  • 99 comments
Grindelwald and Red Rock will never come back no matter how much people beg, they’ve been lost in the GT wilderness 😅
With Grindelwald and Red Rock Valley, it is true that there is almost zero chance, but I believe they could return and be remade from scratch.
They're just two of the tracks that never made to future titles and can easily be upscaled to its required measurements compared.

Last edited:
My wet dream:

Grand Valley
Tokyo R246
Special Stage Ruote 5
Hong kong
Deep Forest
3 out of the 5 tracks you mentioned might come true.

Grand Valley, Tokyo R246 and Deep Forest are not impossible to return in my opinion.

Unfortunately, it feels like all the Special Stage Route tracks have been replaced with the Tokyo Expressway variants.

As for Hong Kong, sadly we won't be seeing it back anymore, it's a forgotten gem.

With Grindelwald and Red Rock Valley, it is true that there is almost zero chance, but I believe they could return and be remade from scratch.
They're just two of the tracks that never made to future titles and can easily be upscaled to its required measurements compared.
Route 11, Route 5 and Route 7 have higher canches than red rock and grindewald.... but a similar track to grindewald is eiger norgwaland which might likely come back to GT7

Route 11, Route 5 and Route 7 have higher canches than red rock and grindewald.... but a similar track to grindewald is eiger norgwaland which might likely come back to GT7
I think as mentioned about about Tokyo Expressway, that's more sorted than the Route 11, etc.
Red Rock seems more possible to update to High Speed Ring standards. The older Route tracks, don't look like they go anywhere, when noticing the lines and corners compared to Tokyo Expressway.

I still hope that Kaz will not forget the classic vintage circuits like Costa di Amalfi, Circuito de la Sierra, George V Paris or Citta di Aria. They are all just breathtaking scenery.

amalfi-ravello069.jpg
J0855_HCR_0114.jpg
EWikaFTX0AAkufP.jpg
ea5d7f4e3397fd916fd90497c746e2b0.jpg
paris-night-1968-1000x622.jpg

Here's my wish list and I would be more than happy to see just half of them make a return...

Midfield
Grand Valley
Complex String
El Capitan
Sonoma Raceway.. formerly (Infineon Raceway / Sears Point)
Tahiti Maze
Swiss Alps

Even as a DLC pack after release, I would gladly pay the extra £££s 👍

Last edited:
3 out of the 5 tracks you mentioned might come true.

Grand Valley, Tokyo R246 and Deep Forest are not impossible to return in my opinion.

Unfortunately, it feels like all the Special Stage Route tracks have been replaced with the Tokyo Expressway variants.

As for Hong Kong, sadly we won't be seeing it back anymore, it's a forgotten gem.
We could alternatively see various city courses get replaced with their Formula E versions, even if they may not be set in the exact same locations. For example, the GT4 NYC circuit is set in Manhattan, whereas the Formula E circuit is in Brooklyn.

I feel that Tokyo R246 returning would indeed be nice, but on the other hand, I feel like the Tokyo Expressway tracks sort of replace it, as well as the Special Stage/Clubman Stage courses.

But I think Deep Forest and Grand Valley are the most likely, as we've already seen Trial Mountain and High Speed Ring. I think those four are the most popular original courses. That said, I'd love to see Apricot Hill return, as I don't think it'd need much in the way of changes.

Last edited:
I love Madrid, but it'd need an overhaul. It's probably comparable to Seoul and London. Those tracks can be raced on like Monaco, but in today's Sport Mode races, no way.
Arcade Mode versus AI is just fine. Lobbies were bad, but some fun could be had.

Unpopular opinion about St Croix. I dig it. Different layouts and the time or day(love the early morning and night conditions. If there are changeable weather and time transition, that'll be excellent. Same with Sardegna.
DTG is a hit with me(would be awesome at night and wet conditions). PD got everything right at that circuit, for my personal enjoyment. Sorry not sorry for everyone else. ;)

I have no idea what new original circuits they'd cook up.

Id like a circuit like Grindelwald with a really old fashioned style layout. Not too wide or too cambered or too many pokey little corners, just corners that flow into each other. Nice scenery and no gimmicks.

Even Cape Ring Periphery was a really nice layout without the jump and the ring.

Last edited:
From the IGN interview https://www.ign.com/articles/gt-cre...ringing-25-years-of-history-to-gran-turismo-7:

“Making original tracks has always been something that we like to do, and it does make us very happy that they have now been recognised as the heritage of the series throughout the years,” he says.

Of course, there are a lot of great fantasy tracks from the early history of Gran Turismo – including Grand Valley, Autumn Ring, and Deep Forest – so what made High Speed Ring and Trial Mountain the first two to bring back to GT7?

“In regards to the other tracks it’s not like we’re not working on recreating some of those as well, but that put aside, the reason we needed High Speed Ring is because it’s really a track that’s suited for a beginner driver,” says Yamauchi. “And Trial Mountain just happens to be one of my favourites as well, so that’s the reason it was selected.”

Last edited:
Correct weight, mate. :cheers:

I'd still Seattle... I mean, settle(!) for that, although, don't forget, GT has featured "historic" versions of tracks alongside up-to-date ones in the past, so there's that option for PD...

I still have memories of grand valley east and autumn ring mini burned into my brain. Grinding some cheapo fwd 4 banger for minimal credits, to try and upgrade the flywheel or clutch or something, to try and eke' out a couple more places on the grid and get closer to a podium or a win for some real money. I really hope all the original GT1 tracks return at minimum. So we can re-live our first Gran Turismo memories.
+Midfield, Apricot Hill and Tokyo R246!

I still have memories of grand valley east and autumn ring mini burned into my brain. Grinding some cheapo fwd 4 banger for minimal credits, to try and upgrade the flywheel or clutch or something, to try and eke' out a couple more places on the grid and get closer to a podium or a win for some real money. I really hope all the original GT1 tracks return at minimum. So we can re-live our first Gran Turismo memories.
+Midfield, Apricot Hill and Tokyo R246!
IMHO Autumn Ring, Special/Clubman Route 5, Grand Valley speedway/grand valley east and Midfield have high chance to come back.

I would love a tahiti-maze. But I wonder about the snow tracks they were working on GTS and never finished. Will we see snow in GT7?
You'll know if they'll add it later on if there're snow tires in the game (just like how there were those useless wets and intermediates in GT Sport long before there was rain)

I think Sport has some of the best original tracks they have ever made but obviously I wouldn't turn down the return of some classics either.

My wet dream would be that Trial Mountain would be connected to the Deep Forest, forming a huge circuit of ten thousand kilometers. I even made a suggestion here on the Forum in the Suggestions section.

However, I have a feeling that this will not happen. It was revealed, by the map displayed in the trailer, that Trial Mountain is probably in Yosemite National Park, in the same location as the revered El Capitan circuit.

I suspect that Deep Forest is in Germany or Japan. But, who knows, for sure, Kaz will not opt for the proposal to unite Deep Forest with Trial Moutain.

Anyway, it would also be interesting to see Trial Mountain connected to the El Capitan circuit.

Last edited:
Eiger Nordwand anybody? I really really loved this track.
The tarmac version was really good for testing different cars.

And the gravel track was IMO the most interesting rally track in the GT series. I especially loved the long downhill curves seen after 1 minute mark. It required a perfect flow to get down without hitting the walls.

And the gravel track was IMO the most interesting rally track in the GT series. I especially loved the long downhill curves seen after 1 minute mark. It required a perfect flow to get down without hitting the walls.

I would take it instead of all "rally" tracks we currently have in GTS. They are very sterile and boring compared to this.

Last edited:
I still hope that Kaz will not forget the classic vintage circuits like Costa di Amalfi, Circuito de la Sierra, George V Paris or Citta di Aria. They are all just breathtaking scenery.

View attachment 1080650View attachment 1080651View attachment 1080652View attachment 1080653View attachment 1080654

This is the one track that I would love to see come back honestly. Costa Di Amalfi with a Lancer with the AYC cranked to max is heaven. You just tear around the corners.

I would take it instead of all "rally" tracks we currently have in GTS. They are very sterile and boring compared to this.
I've always thought it epitomised PDs worst tendencies when designing tracks, no understanding of subtlety whatsoever, and overreliance on unrealistic exaggeration to try and make tracks look interesting.

Last edited:

I really want to know why did they choose to ignore all of the rally tracks from older games to create such dull and boring ones like Colorado Springs. I would literally take any rally track GT has ever had in the past instead of it.

Back