Hopefully more original tracks

• Thread starter RickyBFC92
  • 99 comments
Best track in the history of Gran Tuismo.

I think it will be Deep Forest that is in the game from release. Anything else would have to come afterwards and Grand Valley/Midfield are the most likely then Apricot Hill
Apricot Hill, Grand Valley, Deep Forest and Midfield would be good to see not many changes as their layouts adapt to modern day standards compared to Trial Mountain, only thing they need is a touch up in scenery.

When Kaz said we need High Speed Ring because it’s perfect for beginners. I’m thinking we need it because it kinda looks like the GT logo and everyone tracing their roots to GT1 has raced here. A lot. The Gran Turismo track next to Grand Valley, imo.
What would be the perfect track to return for beginners: Autumn Ring.

El Capitan

No love for El Capitan :(
So much love for El Capitan. Loooved this track in GT4.
Anyway, it would also be interesting to see Trial Mountain connected to the El Capitan circuit.
I’m listening!

Last edited:
I‘m more surprised he didn’t update the proper layouts for it in GTS. We’ll see if his love for the Nurb bring back the multiple layout variations.
All the real world tracks with modern chicanes should be scrubbed and replaced with the older versions. It's a video game. Those safety features are unnecessary and ruin the flow of those historic tracks.

All the real world tracks with modern chicanes should be scrubbed and replaced with the older versions. It's a video game. Those safety features are unnecessary and ruin the flow of those historic tracks.
The Nurburg GP chicane(which, ironically, is used for the 24H layout), actually improves the flow over the one still used in GTS. Works so much better In ACC. If PD update to that chicane, it’s better than scrubbing the chicane.

Anyway, more layouts for real world are better than scrubbing anything.

On topic about original tracks, if we’re going to see point to point stages return, Id welcome more tarmac surfaces.

I'm honestly surprised that with Kaz's well documented love for Nurburgring Nordschleife he hasn't made a ridiculously long original dream track to compete with it.
I guess Complex String is one, featuring various types of corners, and probably the reason it wasn't included in GT4 was that Nordschleife is there.

I guess Complex String is one, featuring various types of corners, and probably the reason it wasn't included in GT4 was that Nordschleife is there.
Complex string was awful and lifeless. Nordschleife is much more organic. I kind of hate it because of how totally unforgiving it is if you put even half a tire in the grass but I do appreciate the wild variety of turns.

Complex String isn't a race track. It's a test track, and not a particularly good one. It's unsurprising it never returned.
:grumpy:

It's one of the most interesting tracks in GT history. I would love to see it revived as a proper test track/proving ground.

:grumpy:

It's one of the most interesting tracks in GT history. I would love to see it revived as a proper test track/proving ground.
To each their own of course but it was just a collection of test track sections stuck together haphazardly. So they expected you to drive them together like a lap, but with no flow.

There are far better ideas for test tracks/proving grounds, just look to real world ones like Milbrook.

voucher-milbrook-sized.jpg

Last edited:
To each their own of course but it was just a collection of test track sections stuck together haphazardly. So they expected you to drive them together like a lap, but with no flow.

There are far better ideas for test tracks/proving grounds, just look to real world ones like Milbrook.

voucher-milbrook-sized.jpg
This would be a lot of fun to screw around on.

Kaz said during COVID, he drove on the freeway every night. I also hope he enjoyed some time on backroads or twisty passes so we can sample tarmac like this.

I always feel we have too many kooky tracks and not enough proper racing circuits. So yeah, apricot Hill and midfield would be ideal to fill that gap a little. In terms of real tracks, would kill for Road America.

Bumping this old thread as Im looking for some info.
Not played a GT game since GT4 (i played a little bit of GT5) but I remember GT4 having loads of tracks - full track list on this site https://gran-turismo.fandom.com/wiki/Gran_Turismo_4/Track_List

My question is what happened to a lot of these tracks? Did they dropped in GT6 or GTSport? And are we likely to see these reappear in GT7? I’d love to see some of these track come back.

Bumping this old thread as Im looking for some info.
Not played a GT game since GT4 (i played a little bit of GT5) but I remember GT4 having loads of tracks - full track list on this site https://gran-turismo.fandom.com/wiki/Gran_Turismo_4/Track_List

My question is what happened to a lot of these tracks? Did they dropped in GT6 or GTSport? And are we likely to see these reappear in GT7? I’d love to see some of these track come back.
Infineon Raceway & Twin Ring Motegi are gone, but new ones were added like Spa Francorchamps, Red Bull Ring, Brands Hatch, Monza, Willow Springs, Interlagos and Autopolis... and i am 100% sure we'll see some old tracks again. If not, we'll get other tracks we haven't seen before. Lots to be added still.

Infineon Raceway & Twin Ring Motegi are gone, but new ones were added like Spa Francorchamps, Red Bull Ring, Brands Hatch, Monza, Willow Springs, Interlagos and Autopolis... and i am 100% sure we'll see some old tracks again. If not, we'll get other tracks we haven't seen before. Lots to be added still.

This is a thread about original tracks so you should have mentioned all the great original ones they added; Dragontrail Gardens, Dragontrail Seaside, Alsace Village, Alsace Test Course, Sardegna, Lago Maggiore, Sainte Croix, Kyoto Driving Park and Tokyo Expressway.

Last edited:
I like the layout of Special stage Route 5 and 11 so much that I don't care if any new version will be in the form of a street circuit or an autodrome.

That is, assuming it is true that SSR5 and SSR11 cannot return because, today, there are Tokyo Expressway; therefore, choose to keep the same route and devise two circuits in another city, another location, or even in the form of an autodrome.

Last edited:
I’m delighted that Trial Mountain and High Speed Ring are in GT7 but I really hope more of the original tracks from GT1 and GT2 come back, like Deep Forest, Grand Valley, Autumn Ring etc. The fictional tracks in GT Sport are good but not as fun as the originals in my opinion, and although I understand that real world tracks are required I’m getting tired of racing on Spa and Monza etc, you can drive those tracks in almost every other racing game, I’ve always thought that the fictional tracks in Gran Turismo is what separates the series from others and makes it special.
I’m hoping for Seattle to come back. Love the track so much.

If Seattle were to return they would almost certainly make a new course, like they did when Rome returned in GT5 which was totally different to GT3. Reason being, the old Seattle circuit simply isn't possible on the real location currently.

Back