Horizon Behind the Scenes Video

• Thread starter shawtyoner
  • 53 comments
United States
NY, NY
GTP_shawtyoner
shawtyoner

OK I am super psyched now. One, those night shots look super dark in some areas, so those not to sure about how dark it would be, rest assured, its just gonna be you and your headlights. Two, I absolutely cannot wait to see photos from the community, there will be some absolutely stunning shots coming out of this game!

Screen-shot-2012-09-07-at-1203.jpg

Photomode menu screen

Oh man, my pants.. Really looking forward to trying out photomode at night, as well as exploring everything. As soon as I start, ima just get a car I like, get enough money to upgrade it and then spend endless hours exploring haha.

Actually thats just to return to the composition and shooting portion of photo mode :lol: :cheers:

Yeah I thought about that after I posted it lol, but isn't it a different button in FM4? It's been a few weeks since I've took a photo in Forza :lol:

Just took a load of screen caps on my iPad and emailed them to myself so I can put them on my computer. I was pumped anyway, but it's looking like a work of art.

Those rapid cuts were a tease, but I don't need any more confirmation that this will be a truly incredible game. Not that that will stop me from devouring any gameplay video I can find until October. :)

Those roads look amazing in the beginning. Especially the forest road with the leaves all over it.

It's looking so dang irresistible! I'm really not sure I'll ever play FM4 again once I have this.

Image1.jpg

I don't expect that you can hit them but that's just incredible. And that clip near the end with the GT-R launching in the dark...wow. :D

In that video, the real life footage where they exit the tunnel on the elevated highway and they're in a craggy canyon, it looks like one of the areas of Hot Pursuit's map, so it seems Colorado might have inspired a part of that map too.

Its confirmed that you will not be able to venture off the road out into the hills or scenery. You will be restricted to the roads only. You will be able to go a few feet off the main road paths and hit shortcut roads but thats about it. So for those thinking you will be driving the entire map, you wont. There wont be full exploration in Horizon. The roads you see, are the areas your cars can travel. Guard rails will keep you from going off the raod to far. More comparable to the NFS series. The festival events remind me a lot of Pro Street.

Did anyone saw the deers at 1:59? (Right after they show the birds in the sky) Would be a bit sick of we could actually get roadkills :lol:

Btw no idea what they are saying, I'm at work and can't enable sound so if that's being said in the movie I look stupid, oh well :D

Its confirmed that you will not be able to venture off the road out into the hills or scenery. You will be restricted to the roads only. You will be able to go a few feet off the main road paths and hit shortcut roads but thats about it. So for those thinking you will be driving the entire map, you wont. There wont be full exploration in Horizon. The roads you see, are the areas your cars can travel. Guard rails will keep you from going off the raod to far. More comparable to the NFS series. The festival events remind me a lot of Pro Street.

Is there any game where you can drive over 100% of each square mile besides the apparent TDU?

Also, they talk about "shortcuts" and "run offs" alot, so I bet there are parts of the map that are driveable that dont have an exact road on the map. Just like how they talk about going through a golf course.. thats not exactly a road.

Is there any game where you can drive over 100% of each square mile besides the apparent TDU?

Also, they talk about "shortcuts" and "run offs" alot, so I bet there are parts of the map that are driveable that dont have an exact road on the map. Just like how they talk about going through a golf course.. thats not exactly a road.
FUEL. It was fun but that game was way too large. In fact its in the Guineess book of world records because its the largest console game ever created. 5,560 sq miles!! It took almost 2-3 hours real time at over 100+mph to drive from one end to the next in a straight line. In fact there are 2 achievements for it. Drive from upper left of map to lower right. Then drive from lower left to upper right. It had tornados, valcanos, day night, weather, monster trucks, atv, suvs, cars, drag cars and much more. But its another game that let you explore every inch of the 5,560 sq map.....including the water. Yes even the water. But again, Fuel was way too large and only fun with friends.

There was just quite a bit of debate of how "open" Horizon will be and now we know its going to be quite restricted like NFS.

Latest Posts

Back