Horizon Behind the Scenes Video

• Thread starter shawtyoner
  • 53 comments
FUEL. It was fun but that game was way too large. In fact its in the Guineess book of world records because its the largest console game ever created. 5,560 sq miles!! It took almost 2-3 hours real time at over 100+mph to drive from one end to the next. In fact there are 2 achievements for it. Drive from upper left of map to lower right. Then drive from lower left to upper right. But its another game that let you explore every inch of the 5,560 sq map.....including the water. Yes even the water. But again, Fuel was way too large and only fun with friends.

But that makes sense, wasnt it a game that revolved around off road racing?

Is there any game where you can drive over 100% of each square mile besides the apparent TDU?
Mostly offroading titles, and games like GTA and its clones. There are others beside FUEL, but not many racing/driving titles (if you consider GTA more of an "action" game).

I appreciated the full free roam in TDU but I always thought it was more a virtue of lack of polish than an actual feature. You could climb a mountain in a McLaren F1...and the only reason you could is because there was nothing out there, just trees and flat polygonal land. I also remember jumping the fence into the airport and finding the runway acted like a grassy field.

It would be nice to venture forth in a Ford Raptor in Horizon but we will have to settle for the few open areas like the golf course. I still expect more than the likes of Hot Pursuit.

FUEL. It was fun but that game was way too large...and only fun with friends.
Too large? You wanted Colorado, FUEL is Connecticut.

CAN'T YOU PEOPLE JUST ****ING STOP TALKING ABOUT A ****ING OLD GAME!!!! I'm ****ing raging here god damnit

I thought I made an interesting note, while all you people care is TDU this and TDU that. Go fanboy your **** elsewhere, please.

Yes it was. All I did was answer your question. Nothing else was meant by it. This was your question. Fuel was the answer to that question.

Why the aggression. Am I not allowed to ask another question or are you going to keep posting responses like this as if I did something wrong.

Yes it was. All I did was answer your question. Nothing else was meant by it. This was your question. Fuel was the answer to that question.

Why the aggression. Am I not allowed to ask another question or are you going to keep posting responses like this as if I did something wrong.
Aggression? I am seriously confused out of my mind how you would think my previous reply above is aggression. I simply answered your question that was it. How is that an aggressive reply?

Now this is aggression. :lol:
CAN'T YOU PEOPLE JUST ****ING STOP TALKING ABOUT A ****ING OLD GAME!!!! I'm ****ing raging here god damnit

I thought I made an interesting note, while all you people care is TDU this and TDU that. Go fanboy your **** elsewhere, please.

Aggression? I am seriously confused out of my mind how you would think ^ reply is aggression. I simply answered your question that was it. How is that an aggressive reply?

Now this is aggression. :lol:

Yes, you sounded upset that I asked a question, even though it was a different question from the original one.

No bro seriously I am not upset at all. I was just simply answering the question. Strange how easy it is to misintepret someones reply over the internet. Now carlos I think might be upset. :lol:

I'm the obvious angry one..

No but seriously, I and I think other people are getting tired of the same discussion over and over again. Pleeaaaase find something else to discuss.. I know too much of TDU already and I didn't even play the game :lol:

I thought I made an interesting note, while all you people care is TDU this and TDU that.
I screencapped that earlier. It really is an amazing detail, considering how often it is missed. I hope they're not just props in the Forza "preview" area and will actually appear when you're behind the wheel.

I still say the comparison to TDU is less than ideal. The only thing drawing them together is that Horizon labelled its world after a real place, Colorado, like Oahu and Ibiza, as opposed to a fictional California county or nondescript "California-like" area. The only other racing games that do this are urban racers like Midnight Club: LA.

TDU is a lifestyle/driving game with racing. Horizon is a racing game with free roam. Atari literally wanted TDU to become the "MMO" of racing games. This is a Forza game with an open map. They're not that similar.

Who has two thumbs and doesn't give two ****s about TDU, GTA, FUEL, or any other comparison to old games?

👍 THIS GUY 👍

Hopefully there's an open area similar to the golf course that has jumps for the Raptor. Either way, I like what I see.

I think the one things there missing is the open areas. So far most of the driving is one roads and pathways with a some shortcuts you can go through (some fences seems indestructible while others are destructible). Is it possible for me to go off the beaten path, have fun in a farmland, drive into the lake or off a mountain.....

I think there will be a finite number of open areas with room to romp. There's the often-mentioned golf course, and an open farm field which appeared in E3 gameplay. Things like that.

Is it possible for me to go off the beaten path, have fun in a farmland, drive into the lake or off a mountain.....

That definitely won't be possible. Dan has stated that you cannot drive your car to any place in which you cannot drive out of.

Nothing new, but the town looks great and the house where he drives away in the M6 and the M3 is parked there looks intriguing.

I'm the obvious angry one..

No but seriously, I and I think other people are getting tired of the same discussion over and over again. Pleeaaaase find something else to discuss.. I know too much of TDU already and I didn't even play the game :lol:

There's your problem right there. You judge a game even though you've never played it.

Back