Horsepower

• Thread starter BoSS
  • 48 comments
Does anyone know how much horsepower my car has ive been searching and i cant seem to find anything its a 1989 Mazda MX-6 GT Turbo 2.2 liter 4cyl. Its stock besisdes the mufler but i just wana know the stock horsepower. This car can smoke alot of cars so i know it has 200hp or more but i just wanna know the exact hp.

According to a guy on this site it's 140hp and 190ft-lbs. Just a little bit less than your 200hp estimate... but like they say later on that site, it does make quite a bit of torque.

It's under 200 hp, i'm sure. I found 150 hp from a german website. Same car as a Ford Probe, btw.

edit: stupid slow searching...

Originally posted by retsmah
According to a guy on this site it's 140hp and 190ft-lbs. Just a little bit less than your 200hp estimate... but like they say later on that site, it does make quite a bit of torque.

I read 145 - but hey, it's not new so it's moot.

Didn't those things run a 3 valve head?

Originally posted by halfracedrift
Ah... sweet...... That's why the Probe looks so different from the other fords.... haha

Not really, because it is a Ford. Mazda took the chassis and made it their own. A la B2200 (which is a rebodied Ranger)

see i cant really belive it has only 140 or 150 because my car does low 14s in the 1/4 but i dunno. i also took it to 155mph just to let everyone know

Originally posted by Atomic Wedgie
Hey, T13R!

...can I steal your avatar?

And maybe some lotion?
Leave that ass alone :P

hehe just kidding, I will eventually switch it so I dont mind. But cant you get your own lotion? weirdo :odd:

Originally posted by BoSS
see i cant really belive it has only 140 or 150 because my car does low 14s in the 1/4 but i dunno. i also took it to 155mph just to let everyone know

Are you sure your not misreading something? Those are SRT4 numbers, and I have raced a MX6 and it didnt seem that fast at all (He bothered me at every light so I gave him his ass, fed up with him)...

A two ton car making low 14's with 140-150 hp? Arent those Front wheel drive too (im guessing here so dont get mad at me)? Those numbers dont seem to match up...

Originally posted by BoSS
Does anyone know how much horsepower my car has ive been searching and i cant seem to find anything its a 1989 Mazda MX-6 GT Turbo 2.2 liter 4cyl. Its stock besisdes the mufler but i just wana know the stock horsepower. This car can smoke alot of cars so i know it has 200hp or more but i just wanna know the exact hp.
Who are you racing? The pos I drive can smoke a lot of cars too, just gotta be careful who you pick.

Originally posted by Frustrated Palm
A two ton car making low 14's with 140-150 hp? Arent those Front wheel drive too (im guessing here so dont get mad at me)? Those numbers dont seem to match up...

Yeah its an under rated car people barly know about the car it pushes more than people think it does. And my bro says that the car has about 200hp stock to the motor and about 180hp to the wheel.

you are wrong dude, you cant go 14 on the quarter even with 200 horses on tap. the numbers you give are just wrong.

Cano

in the EIGHT mile, Id believe it (:D) but not the quarter.

Back