hot rods, muscle cars, customs...

• Thread starter Cano
  • 6,007 comments
I don't know what kind of history the Ringbrothers have, but I've only had exposure to the Recoil and this '64 Fairlane:
While their ideas of doing something different may not appeal to muscle car purists, the low ride-height street-car image greatly appeals to me. I also like that they fabricate their own parts instead of grabbing them from other cars.

Indeed, you've seen their two cleanest builds. Altough I still think you'd like the rest of their stuff. The "low street car/fabricate your own parts" ethos has been going on full swing by at least a decade in the very high-end muscle car realm (and about 30 years aback in the street rod world). The things the Rignbrothers do that's truly different is alter the design of the cars way damn too much, which usually ends up in having a car that's way too damn busy aesthetically for no real reason. Their often graphic-heavy paintjobs and other questionable tidbitd like the R emblem clearly robbed from a Nissan GTR badge doesn't help matters, either. They've been called the ricers of the muscle car world more than once.

All the contrary to the stuff that people like Steve Strope:
05_1972_TT_Camaro_540x360_01.JPG

0b33ec0dbb0e5676166b01c158dfd7e7.jpg

Troy Trepanier:
2013_HRPT_6-4_105.jpg

400_300.jpg

And other big dogs of custom car building that maintain a cleaner appearance while still practically redoing the entire car by hand.

And we're not talking about people who modify muscle cars for true function, either. These are high-end custom cars, no race cars or track cars, which is another end of the current hot rodding spectrum.

I was going to say- I could have sworn that the Ringbrothers were called the "Ricers of the muscle car world." A lot of their stuff just looks tacky even compared to Trepanier's Blowfish Barracuda- a purpose built race car. People are willing to accept a car has a lot going on if its a race car (assuming it is for function), but even this Bonneville Salt Flats car looks way cleaner than the most everything that the Ringbrothers built.

Screen_shot_2010-08-23_at_5_03_55_PM.jpg

images

I was going to say- I could have sworn that the Ringbrothers were called the "Ricers of the muscle car world." A lot of their stuff just looks tacky even compared to Trepanier's Blowfish Barracuda- a purpose built race car. People are willing to accept a car has a lot going on if its a race car (assuming it is for function), but even this Bonneville Salt Flats car looks way cleaner than the most everything that the Ringbrothers built.

Screen_shot_2010-08-23_at_5_03_55_PM.jpg

images

But in race cars you can have graphic elements and scandalous paint jobs because, well, they're race cars. And even so, the paint job design on Blowfish is in absolute harmony with the rest of the car, the side stripes and numbers "flow" perfectly with the newlyfound profile of the car, which remains by far the best build Troy Trepanier has ver done... and that's saying something, we're talking about freaking Troy here.

Back