hot rods, muscle cars, customs...

• Thread starter Cano
  • 6,009 comments
We were going from a car show to a historic race, and in-between we saw a sign in front of an old Mercury leadsled that said open house. So we decided to turn down the road and walk in. I walked past this car at first because the cars are so tightly packed I thought it was just a Torino. As we were leaving I took one more look over the cars and noticed the front end.

Haha yea! It was a little yard sale sized sign that said "Come see out Inventory," "Over 500 Cars," or something like that. There was no way we could pass it up. The place is called Vanguard Motor Sales. Amazing stuff in there.

You don't usually see Vega's everyday.
1b330bb7809092c76beb030c71a5ae86.jpg

hrdp_1103_06_o+jeff_schwartz_1972_chevy_vega+front_view.jpg

1968_custom_buick_riviera_gran_sport_paint__white_interior_muscle_car_2_lgw.jpg

AN1112-138921_1.jpg

And it's also not everytime you see a Camaro this good, even with a few parts in pink. Dang.
tumblr_mzcb68xPfq1swqxmfo1_1280.jpg

And one more. I'm not mega fan of two-tones these days, but this....
mg_2777.jpg

Now THIS, is something up my alley.

One of the pics in there is not showing, Hel. You might want to settle that issue. ;)

But other than that, lovely set of Trans-Am racers, great racing cars with a great(er) racing heritage. I've seen a few classic races' videos, and I enjoyed seeing them. Trans-Am provided some great racing back then (in the '80's), huh?

I don't like pink, in some cars. I feel it's not fitting for some cars. Though that Camaro, like I said, even with a few parts painted in piink, it's still a great car so, I allow it in other cars. Especially Thunderbirds and Eldorados.

That car has pink stuff because it was built in the 80s, in the heyday of pastel colors and pro street. It speaks of the era.

Also, I've always loved that IMSA Mustang II, @Heldenzeit

I kind of wish that the IMSA look would make a comeback, but at the same time, I'm concerned about that because I fear that they'd make it look like crap if it returned.

I don't like pink, in some cars. I feel it's not fitting for some cars. Though that Camaro, like I said, even with a few parts painted in piink, it's still a great car so, I allow it in other cars. Especially Thunderbirds and Eldorados.
I honestly think certain shades of pink work really well on muscle cars.

We were going from a car show to a historic race, and in-between we saw a sign in front of an old Mercury leadsled that said open house. So we decided to turn down the road and walk in. I walked past this car at first because the cars are so tightly packed I thought it was just a Torino. As we were leaving I took one more look over the cars and noticed the front end.
Do you know how rare that car is? :lol:

11781655_513740138791099_6189195518945246871_n.jpg

V8-60s need love too...

btzh38.jpg
btzh24.jpg

Reverse flow (intake ports where the exhaust used to go)? Yes please. :)

hrxp-1111-tiny-smith-flathead-jiggler-v8-60-03.jpg

Smith OHV conversion? If you'd be so kind.

most_beautiful_roadster_2013_3.jpg

Ardun OHV heads? Abso-frickin-lutely!!!

I kind of wish that the IMSA look would make a comeback, but at the same time, I'm concerned about that because I fear that they'd make it look like crap if it returned.
There was even an IMSA street Monza back then.

GTO, the epitome of "muscle car," wearing early Tempest 8-lugs.

I'd dig that more without the white line tires, but damn they do look good. Year and yeard ago Hot Rod featured a... damn I think it was a red 67 Grand Prix with gigantic pro street meats out back and 8 lug wheels, and it looked amazing 👍

Back